Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

would you agree with chevy to make a 2005 chevelle

Pages : [1] 2

speeder94
03-07-2003, 08:38 AM
i heard it in hot rod magazine to send reasons for chevy to make a chevelle and try to convince chevrolet to make one they plan to make it faster than a mustang GT and slower than a ZO6.

speeder94
03-07-2003, 08:42 AM
yes cause maybe ford and dodge will start making muscle cars

DeViL
05-01-2003, 06:39 PM
Yeah I mean you gotta have something replace the Camaro that actually has balls. Look at what Chevrolet is down to now, oh shit look out its Malibu LS :eek: fear thee....

CRX89
06-16-2003, 11:25 PM
I voted NO. Mainly because they cant. Back when "muscle cars" were made they were affordable cars that a kid working at Texaco could buy. The last real muscle cars 02 F-bodys (Cobra Stang) are too spendy. I say yes if they could sell us a affordable car with some balls. Like a cool design with 4 useable seats, RWD,V8, and strip the options down to make them affordable ie roll up windows, steel rallys, no ac. Just a big engine in a bad ass car and if you want the electric options then they can be added. I think muscle cars out classed them selves thats why Imports our so popular to the youth. I love the old school muscle cars cause they are easy to work on. Aftermarket parts are cheap and the new is just too spendy IMO. If GM made a V8 car thats RWD and sold for 24,000 Id go to the dealership. Ford also is part of the reason the muscle cars outclassed them selves. Pirces kept going up and up and up:frown:

dmitri47
06-18-2003, 11:08 PM
then get a job man :)

anyways, i can see NO reason why they shouldnt. i also think they should bring back the camaro. a 2door Malibu SS would be cool eh?

heavyfooted66
07-24-2003, 01:49 AM
I'd say yes to the 2005 Chevelle because, I'm all about the Chevelle and I'd love to see what the 2005 version is like. AND Chevy's gonna have to have an answer to the new 2005 Mustang that's comin' out. And a Chevelle that has a decent size engine in it would be the solution.

zieg72
08-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Yes they should. Make it a real pocket rocket and rear wheel drive.

jdrumstik
09-08-2003, 03:35 PM
Yeah they have an El Camino, and it looks good, to. It caries the Camaro's engines, so you can get it in the 5.7 liter SS. I think if they would sell em here in the U.S. that would be sweet.

someone commented on Dodge and ford, well dodge is making that little station wagon, thing with the hemi in it! Thats a muscle car! And I heard that they were going to be producing rear wheel drive hemi engine versions of all their models, but only time will tell.

Nebbles
09-12-2003, 10:48 PM
I would have to vote NO. I like the fact that I have a car that is not made anywhere anymore. The rareity of it is great...if they came out with a 2005 model, I think that would suck. Muscle cars are great cuz u think about the hot rods of the '60's and '70's...not the 2005's...

MustangMatty
09-27-2003, 03:14 AM
Hey jdrumstik got any spy shots of tat 2005 El Camino??

Coyotekid
09-28-2003, 11:37 PM
i say yes...i mean, why the heck not?everything now is getting old, and played-out....if chevy were to do a 2005 chevelle, that would be bitchen, to bring back the chevelle, and try to blow away ford!!!
im all for it
peace
C.K.

m&m
10-09-2003, 06:20 PM
yes they should, an affordable, stylish, and put them import cars in there place

rowdy5685
10-11-2003, 04:37 PM
I will have to say yes to bringing back the Chevelle. Mainly because i think Chevy made a mistake by getting rid of the rear wheel drive vehicles. They are trying too hard to get involved with the Sports Compacts with the Cavaliers. They should just stick to what they know best which is muscle cars. Also i am tired of Ford people saying Chevy can't compete with the Mustang.

StreetLethal
10-19-2003, 05:45 PM
Depends, if they are going to make it a flaming wedge of crap with 4 cylinders family econo model, then no.

If GM decided to make a real muscle buster like the old chevelles' with bigblock power and it doesn't suffer from the bodystyle problems of the 00s' then go for it. I want some REAL cars, not this cheap crap they are making today.

termitesgraffix
10-21-2003, 12:10 PM
instead of loosing the camero, they should have gone back to the late 70 early 80 body style with a twist. then i believe noone would have lost interest in them. but yea i'll buy a chevelle if they come back out. oh yea. ONLY!!!! if they look somewhat like the oldies. none of this new crap like what they did to the malibu... that isn't a malibu nor a chevelle... looks like a cavalier. bah. my 77 malibu will eat any new malibu. when i see them i laugh and say "that's not a malibu" "poser"

Jay Mack
10-22-2003, 03:26 PM
Have you seen the new GTO? It's an absolute dog. It looks like a japanee hatchback. It's an atrocity. No one who actually likes Chevelles would want Chevy to make one. It would be better if the Japanese made one. GM is WAY too messed up in their thinking to make a Chevelle.

WHITE LIGHTING
10-24-2003, 11:47 AM
instead of loosing the camero, they should have gone back to the late 70 early 80 body style with a twist. then i believe noone would have lost interest in them. but yea i'll buy a chevelle if they come back out. oh yea. ONLY!!!! if they look somewhat like the oldies. none of this new crap like what they did to the malibu... that isn't a malibu nor a chevelle... looks like a cavalier. bah. my 77 malibu will eat any new malibu. when i see them i laugh and say "that's not a malibu" "poser"

OH MY GOD ALL OF YOU GUYS THAT ARE SAYING NO WHATS WRONG WITH YOU! MAN PONTIAC EVEN IS BRINGING OUT A NEW MUSCLE CAR THE GTO MAN CHEVYS GOTTA DO SOMTHING AND CHEVELLE I THINK IS IT ALL YOU GUYS THAT SAY NO NEED TO GIVE YOUR HEAD A SHAKE

KrazyKarl02
10-27-2003, 08:14 PM
while I agree the looks of the new GTO are not my favorite, you do have to respect GM for bringing the GTO back with a car that has a V8 and is RWD. I mean they brought the Impala back and it was kind of cool, then they made it into a front wheel drive POS!!! Now also the price on the damn GTO is 34k+ !!! Little too high for my blood! Now if they made an affordable Chevelle that was rear wheel drive, had a V8, and was not too bad looking I would be all for it, what I would be against is another Chevette!

chaditotx
10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Vinyl floor covering.... vinyl or fabric seats (no leather), arm actuated climate control (windows no power), 5 speed trannys and monster swaybars, wide steelies, no radio. Keep it under 3,500lbs with a nasty v8 and no two tone paint, just stripe options. (toss in a blower too) SWEEET!

TorinoGT69
10-29-2003, 08:14 PM
It would be real easy to produce a new chevelle. The GTO and chevelle were based on the same platform back in the day so why not now? All they would have to do is some slight body and interior changes and they would have a chevelle. Then they could do a performance version and call it the ss. Also the base chevelle would have to cheaper than the GTO. It would a great replacement for the camaro because SSR is a joke.

83_Z28
11-02-2003, 03:14 PM
it probably couldn't be affordable to where a teenager could buy, be very expincive id imagine but they could make it a nice muscle car of today

leinad_69_chevelle
11-24-2003, 02:22 PM
I dont thoink they should.....what would it look like anyway.... a fucking peace of plastic with a freaking computer in it......Without thinking how much it would cost us....

SniperX13
11-24-2003, 02:37 PM
it would be nice if they could do this.... I would love to find a new car, lots of power, for almost dirt cheap. I mean, in 1969, a fully loaded Z28 Camaro cost a little over 5 grand..... so, going by those guidelines, it would be nice to see a muscle car with lots of power for around 20,000 - 26,000.

ra11585643
11-25-2003, 12:26 PM
How bout instead of a Chevelle a all new bread and call it a Corvelle. Combine the vete and chevelle for an all new look and power. Hotter and faster than the camero, cheaper than the vette.

ra11585643
11-25-2003, 12:29 PM
Uh huh, I saw some eyebrows go up ! Ok, guys get to gether and tell GM what you want. If enough get on that train Chevy can make it happen.

HighwayChile
12-03-2003, 12:41 PM
wont happen will not happen.. its gonna be the same dam thing as Dodge's Charger they were going to make a couple years back.. And if they did make them come back (muscle cars that is) dont just throw the muscle car name on them like dodge did with their 80s chargers. I think GM can do a much better job in the evolution of muscle cars unlike Dodge but i just dont think it will go down

9ball
12-05-2003, 03:37 PM
They'd be in a real pickle if they tried to bring it back. I think Pontiac actually did a good job with the new GTO because it embodies everything that was great about the GTO without trying to be too retro. I know that if GM puts out a modern Chevelle there will be one crowd that will say "Hey, it doesn't even look like a Chevelle" and another that will say "Okay, it looks stupid because they tried to imitate an old style and how will they possibly redesign it in the future (new thunderbird, new beetle)" If they bring out a nice looking RWD, V8 coupe and offer it with a manual transmission then I'm all for it. I'm not all for it if they take an old style and smooth off some of the lines and sell it as a retro model.

ra11585643
12-07-2003, 07:27 AM
look at a 1964 Chevelle and then look at a 1970 Chevelle, did they look the same? You could not expect a 2005 Chevelle to look like the earily models. I say since the styles have changed so much over the years change it all. Make a new Chevy go fast car and give it a new name too.

ChevelleDude
12-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Hell yeah they need to bring back the Chevelle. However, I would not want to see one that looks like some sorta souped up rice car. they need to make it look like the old ones. Im talkin the 1970 chevelle SS 454 or any of those types, preferably 68-72. Any of those years were great for chevelles. It needs to have a big block V6 or V8 and none of those bogus extras that take away from the engine. People can role up their own windows and move their own seats. Bring back the chevelle!!!

ChevelleDude
12-07-2003, 09:42 AM
Bring Back The Camaro!!!!!!

1979C10
12-07-2003, 04:45 PM
I say bring the Chevelle back. It was the embodyment of the muscle car, and the coolest in my opinion. Any chevelle you find today is either a clapped out rustbucket or a 40,000 dollar trailer queen. The young can no longer afford fast V8 power without daddy's checkbook. THAT is why ricers are so popular. GM has to make it affordable to us minimum wage peons, and easily modified to make it fast. It is ridiculous that the only ones who can afford to go fast in a V8 these days are guys my father's age and older.

litlmustangmoody
12-08-2003, 08:32 AM
I say leave the chevelle a chevelle of old!! Got a 69' and everybody keeps saying if they could make one for 20,000 they would buy one and everybody wants to keep it looking like the old ones well it may only be me but my 69, is well on it's way and for 20,000 I would have to say that I would have one kick ass chevelle built my way like I want it and if I want the ease of feul injection then I can put one on it for that price. but if you just have to have new then I guess we're outta luck It will never be the same I have mustangs and I have seen the new ones and if chevrolet tries to come back with a new chevelle it will just ruin the image they will never make affordable hoarse power again as much as I hate it those days are sadly over..

Vlad_Tepes
12-08-2003, 09:03 AM
Bring it back...
The GTO is based on the Monaro from Holden as is the El Camino which is called a Ute here.
Either way Pontiac has always been a bit more for their cars. I believe just because the are just a little more refine than the Chevelle and Camaro.
Don't get me wrong just for grunt power those are awesome. But Ponti's just wanted a lil more creature comforts.
Drive the GTO when it comes out you guys will love it. Great all around car great power and handling.

KevinMSA19
01-03-2004, 07:55 PM
i think that Chevrolet should make the new 2005 Camaro and Chevelle. One reason why is because Ford out sold Camaro's 5 to 1. I also think that when they do, they should make the camaro have a High Performance option like Ford's Mustang but better. Ford came out with a V10 Supercharged option and Chevy needs to top that. I don't care as long as their price range is anywhere between $25,000 - $30,000 no questions asked. I love Chevrolet but if they can't beat Ford's Mustang by the time I get out of basic this summer or if i don't hear anything good then my sign-up bonus is going to a 2005 Mustang sad to say.

OrangeKr8
01-04-2004, 01:41 PM
As a previous Chevelle owner and lover I would love to see Chevy bring it back! Low in options, HIGH in performance and it can be done if GM wants to. After all other car companies have done, I feel loyal GM owners need to see that we do have an effect on what is produced. And not feel it is all determined by some 22 year old pencil pushing yuppie who is trying to make a name for themselves in the automotive industry!!!! WAKE UP CHEVROLET! IT'S OUR TURN!!!!!! :banghead:

tanner07
01-06-2004, 09:30 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, but no, they shouldn't. If they want a muscle car, think of something else. Bringing back old names from the past is just a stupid attempt at trying to get people to buy it. If they make a muscle car, why does it have to be the Chevelle? Chances are it will be as ugly as hell (kinda like the Shelby Cobra concept). They need to make something that's fast, and if it's a ugly POS that's available with a 4cyl at least it won't be disgracing the Chevelle. I like the fact that I own a car that isn't built these days. I'm all for a new muscle car, but why does it have to be called a Chevelle?

01-07-2004, 10:50 AM
i agree as long as they make it at least as fast as the 1970 chevelle SS 454 you have to realize if you want to remake a legendary car you need to make it good. pontiac f---ed up the new gto and ford's mustang just keeps getting worse. at the rate were going the freakin rice burners are going to be the fastest prduction cars in the us.

01-07-2004, 10:59 AM
ok the ford mustang with the v 10 is slower than the mustang svt. besides that ford would only last you maybe 5 years max.

ruben'the'z
01-16-2004, 01:02 AM
2005 Chevelle?

Just the "new" GTO and:

-add different headlights and grille ('70-ish)

-add twin tailight assembly (like a '71-'72)

-power bulge hood

-optional SS stripe package

-remove all the luxury crap

-and sell the LS1 powered, 6 spd monster for about $20-23k

DeLiRiuM6969
01-19-2004, 09:35 AM
I vote yes but only if they drop the LS6 (not LS-6) 454, 7.4 liter crate engine in the SS models. A 5.7 LS-1 is a GM venereal disease, it spread from the Corvette to the Camaro, to the Firebird, Trans Am, Formula (I hate NEW Pontiacs!!!) and then to the Australian Ute and so on. The Chevelle was torque monster not a speed demon, so throw the fuel injected big block into a mid-size car and make it yank the front tires. Now thats a Chevelle!!! (I own a 1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6 ProStreet) The 5.7 LS-6 is fine for the base model Chevelles and yes, forget the stupid chrome rims, and electric locks and b.s.

nitroman454
02-05-2004, 09:55 PM
here is the 2005 chevelle ss boys i my opinion its a big pile of sh*t it looks like a hopped up caviler yea it has a ls1 in it u guessed it, the weird thing is.. i had a dream about a shorter camaro with a diff back end that halled balls like no other and i herd about the 05 chevelle and i was like hooly shit i dreamed about a car there makein... but then i saw it...
a big pile of sh*t that cost about 35grand not very maney ppl i know could afford that... specially not teenagers like back in the old day u could buy a muscle car by workin at a gas station my persinal opinion it the car maekers especially pontiac with the "hemi" and the "gto" cough cough pile of sh*t and now chevy with the chevelle i think they cant sell cars so now there scrambleing for ideas so there useing old car names that have proved there selfs and now the new versions only old rich bastards can afford to have and they all look gay they dont have any lines or nothing and all this computer crap that u need a dagree in college to work on im just personaly fed up with new cars i hope some1 at chevy is reading this.. mabey they could prove me wrong hah! doubt it! well anyways look in my profile thing to see the pic of the 2005 chevelle ss and let me know..

OrangeKr8
02-08-2004, 01:40 PM
YES GM can do this!! after seeing the new mustang, cobra, and GT from Ford,it really makes me wonder if GM is getting the picture? I am wanting to know how the intrest of all of us is going to get through to the ears of someone at GM. :banghead: :banghead:

Danny Demon
02-19-2004, 09:43 AM
The new Chevelle SS is coming.

DD

Ace$nyper
02-19-2004, 09:47 AM
They will and it'll suck much like the new "GTO" does people will hate it GM will ruin the name for it. Well thats what I think will happen atleast.

Danny Demon
02-19-2004, 09:52 AM
If you are currently living on a tight budget I have good news for you. There is a sleeper muscle car substitute for you financially challenged hot rodders out there. The 04 Cavalier. Don't laugh. The new Ecotec engine is currently being used in FWD Dragsters putting out over 1000 HP. This from 50% stock engines. Performance parts are starting to be available from GM. With current Rebates and Dealer Discounts the 04 Cav is a steal. Don't worry about the future of GM motorsports. GM is the ONE.

DD

smallblockman350
02-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Hell yes is my reply to that question... When they decided to get rid of the f-bodies i was so pissed off, so i sent an email to chevrolet telling them how dumb they were and that they should really think long and hard about bringing back the chevelle ss. Im glad i sent that email. hopefully they agree and do make it.

ozzyman28152
02-26-2004, 08:48 PM
YES they need to build it but they need to put the LS6 in it with a 6 speed! either that or bring the damn camaro and firebird back, which the rumor i heard was they planed to after the gto gets a good following. They also need to put the 6.6 litre back in the ssr like it was in the concept! General motors in general need to get thier heads out of their asses and look at what Ford and Chrysler are doing. GM is getting out done every direction you turn. Point the new mustang looking like the 67 gt500! The hemi trucks and Chrysler is even talking the hemi in the new 300m! Its getting to where the only ones GM are out doing are the rice burners, which you couldnt give me! And i agree they need to price the cars where the averaged working man can afford it. I mean the average american cant afford a 36K dollar car!

Bryan3838
04-30-2004, 09:15 PM
The one reason and the only reason to bring back the Chevelle is Competion. GM has to stay competetive with the Euro-trash and Asian cars. If they don't, then I guess we can get excited about the Malibu or the six-cyclinder Monte Carlo every spring. I would personally love to see The New Chevelle LS6 racing on the streets of Woodward (Detroit) with the new GTO Judge and the new Mustang Cobra. But I guess I am nobody..So I will continue to drive around my 64' Impala until Chevy wants to gain its market share back! Good Luck fellas. Oh, by the way, If you don't change your thinking soon you will be the next K-Mart or Builders Square. Don't forget the Big Three is down to Two now.

ggrrssyydik
05-16-2004, 03:19 PM
only if its a v8 rwd muscle car,

jdrumstik
05-17-2004, 10:08 AM
so who have you considered to be the drop out, last I checked ford and dodge were still moving so I guess thats chevy?

anyways, I don't support a new chevelle. Chevy would screw it up, the gto is so overpriced, slow and ugly. If the GTO could be purchased as a race car, no back seat, no radio, no ac, no nothing for about $15,000, I would be sold.

Aces0vr8s
05-19-2004, 08:23 PM
i vote no think about the GTO it looks like shit no offense but i hate the new one and put those imports in there place hell my 86 Iroc does that perfectly well and all youths like imports id like to comment ima youth and my dream car is a 69 SS convertible Camaro

jdrumstik
05-20-2004, 03:53 PM
i vote no think about the GTO it looks like shit no offense but i hate the new one and put those imports in there place hell my 86 Iroc does that perfectly well and all youths like imports id like to comment ima youth and my dream car is a 69 SS convertible Camaro

Im a "youth" two, sixteen to be exact, I hate imports, not all of us are fools, my friend Jordon whos 17 wants to build an old mustang, my old friend steve had a 65 mustange but had to sell if ro a rmore reliable car.

And me, my dream car is a 454 El Camino with a small blower on top wiht a small shot of nitros making somewhere in the are of 600hp wiht a 6 speed from a vette

gs1000kat
05-30-2004, 04:25 PM

I have to agree with Aces. I was really disappointed with the GTO. I don't know that it looks like shit, but it certainly doesn't deserve the GTO name. It looks like a BMW to me. If they can do right, big engine, classic styling and still be affordable than yeah, go ahead and do it. Otherwise let it rest. I would still prefer my 67 anyway.

bignicky
05-30-2004, 11:08 PM
Absolutely. I cant figure out what gm's is thinking. The chevelle ss in hotrod is awsome. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I would want an all alum.
bigblock, like the new ZL1. 345 hp is whimpy. How about 575hp and about 500ftlb of torque. This will blow all the competition away.

68 chevelle
06-02-2004, 03:21 PM
no way shold they make a chevelle again
what are they going to make it out of plastic like the new camaros
getting and old car and turning it into a racecar is half the fun

chevy should not make a chevelle again

Silverado Brethern
06-22-2004, 04:56 PM
GM needs to do something and this would defianatly be it, the GTO has been run-off by the mustang before it even hit the road and the trucks arent doing to well either. all of these 'new body designs' look like the biggest waste of effort piecies of shit ever and i would think that GM would see this when the re-make mustang cant stay in the dealerships. they need to do a newer version of the 60s and 70s body and put the same big-block engines back in them, im talkin 396s, 454s, 502s and hell maybe even a 572, anything to take a big piss on that mustang. this car would need to be all engine and in the same price range or lower than the mustang if GM wanted to be back on top of the game..which they are far from now.

balls_to_the_wall
06-27-2004, 08:11 PM
GM Should make a Chevelle SS again...as long as they don't have their heads up their ass and screw up the styling...make it a big hairy chested V8...Six Speed...Sweet Dual Exaust...no frills...make it so average people can go buy it...and from the dealer's lot go blow the doors off anything short of a Corvette or a Viper...that would be awsome...GM would gain prestige back if they could do that...as long as they don't screw the pooch on the styling...But that is just my humble opinion...

SXT9CHEVELLE
07-03-2004, 08:15 PM
I have been the biggest Chevelle Supporter in this, I use to say if the Chevelle comes back I would be the first to buy one.

But when the new Malibu came out it was as big a disapointment as the Nova was.

The biggest problem is the car manufactues don't respect the true car guy anymore, all they do is slap the name of a real car on a p.o.s. and expect us to all fall over it. Now if they where to make a true muscle car like they bring to concept shows, it might be do able. But even then they still don't make it the way it should be when it goes to production. I have had '66 SS a '71 and every '69 Chevelle made '69 being my favorite being a one year model car. I still have my first 1969 Chevelle it was a plain car garaged it's whole life. most wanted '70's for the 454 but my 350 took it without much effort it wasn't that great really. Now I drew up a modern '69 Chevelle it had Corvette suspension and the motor and trans from the last SS Camaro but trimed updated body lines and pretty much the whole feel and look of the original . Then to look at the malibu flop out there and to here slap the name on that lame GTO body if the 350 hp motor lives up to the hype it maybe acceptable with the Corvette rear in it. If it comes back it needs to be a true car like the 2005 Mustang and the Thunderbird look like the originals so should the CHEVELLE!!!!

I dont want to go for a ride in one more lame a.. Chevy with the sales man telling me wooo this is a powerfull car while I am cramped and driving a lame car with a real name... My only satisfaction came from starting my 1969 elCamino and rattling the showroom windows as it roared and offered to show him what a real car was.

dank4569
07-10-2004, 05:01 PM
I think that they should bring them back, but they should be able to live up to any expectations the public will have. The should make the new cars appear somewhat like the old chevelles. Pontiac came out with the new GTO, GTO's were great cars. The new ones are nice too, but they aren't anywhere close to what the old ones were.

Treill6
07-26-2004, 09:16 AM
I don't think that they should start to make any "muscle cars" again. They are taking a cavalier putting some different headlights and tail lights on it, putting a 350? in it, slapping an SS sticker on it and saying its supposed to be equal to the 400+ horsepower pure steel beasts of the 60's and 70's. All we need is more kids running around jappin up cars and thinking they are the fastest things around. In my mind nothing can replace or equal muscle cars.

Add your comment to this topic!