Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gen 1 monty hitch??

galaxie500
08-23-2006, 10:43 AM
i've been trying to track down a full size 2" hitch for my 91, and absolutely everywhere that does aftermarket only selld the 1 1/4 class 2--but i've seen these old monty's with the full size receiver that mounts to the rear center towplate--any sources out there?

off-roader
08-24-2006, 11:35 AM
i've been trying to track down a full size 2" hitch for my 91, and absolutely everywhere that does aftermarket only selld the 1 1/4 class 2--but i've seen these old monty's with the full size receiver that mounts to the rear center towplate--any sources out there?

4crawler.com makes a low profile one that's a 2" receiver size but is probably not strong enough to be rated as a class II much less class III capacity hitch. So at best you can to use it to pull light loads.

You can sometimes find a used full class III rated hitch that was manufactured for and sold by John Baker. A 3rd party made them for him and he sold them through his website but he doesn't carry them any longer.

Last but not least I'm sure that U-Haul will have some kind of hitch that can be used with a Mitsu however it won't be designed specifically to use the OE holes that are already there.

HTH.

Add your comment to this topic!