Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Shift Lock Problem

fellas5
11-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Hello peeps, I'm new to this forum, so be nice! I have a 98 Mystique. I do have the check engine light on as well. I haven't had the code checked. The car is also running fine; however, my main issue is the shift lock. When I start the car and press the brake, the shift lock is not releasing. I read the manual, and found the way they recommend to manually overcome the problem; however, I would like to fix it the right way. I called the dealer, and they told me it was the brake pedal switch, but I checked that, and it's working fine, and I also still have the brake lights working properly, which confirms that the switch is not the problem, as the dealer said. Does anyone else have experience with this issue, and if so please advise.

KimMG
11-25-2005, 05:09 AM
Not being familiar with your car, I have a couple of questions. How many brake pedal switches are there? And how many wires go to the switch(es)?

fellas5
12-15-2005, 09:31 PM
Not being familiar with your car, I have a couple of questions. How many brake pedal switches are there? And how many wires go to the switch(es)?

There are two switches for the brake pedal. I don't recall how many wires are there, but I will find out.....

Add your comment to this topic!