Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Poll: The Ultimate Engine Swap!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ZedEx
07-12-2004, 09:31 PM
Dude no one was "GANGING UP ON YOU YO, G-G-G-G-G - Unit, Im from the streets MAYNE!"

Your the one who got all worked up bro... Something you've gotta learn... Is to admit when you are wrong.

I just did in another thread. RX Speed pointed out to me I was wrong about BHP... I thanked him for the information, and payed no thought to it.

Just chill dude...

Crazy 88's Touge Masters BITCH. :D

-Wes

Z_Fanatic
07-12-2004, 10:14 PM
:rofl: I think both of you missed something there. But I'll leave you to your misconceived laughter, shorty. Yo SA, you don't know me, aite? :D

Z_Fanatic
07-12-2004, 10:19 PM
Bite me, both of you! Yo, this ain't kool, 2 gang up o' me like dat homie. Jus' keepin it real yo!

Btw, Crazy 88s suck! Remember, Hanzo steel.....

Ok, I'll let you in the secret. The only misconception I made was that retro 350Z look of V35/R35 GTR. Otherwise, it's pretty obvious that G35 are the new family Skyline series. But you calling me a foo' for nothin, that ain't tight yo. Btw, the dribbles above and few of the posts were jokes, I thought you would've figured it out.

ZedEx
07-12-2004, 10:50 PM
... *ackward silence* ...

Im having a hard time figuring out whats going on in your head... Your thought process is... Entirely too advanced for my ghetto-slanged mind to grasp the concept of.

I am simply, and utterly blown away by your severe, and present omniscient state-of-mind.

What else can be said... But WOW.

You have humbled me... I bow before you O' great one. Allow me to do thy bidding...

... Ok back to normal.

What the fuck are you talking about Z Fanatic?

-Wes

Z_Fanatic
07-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Listen to Frodo, Sam, little hobbits shouldn't think too much.

Dude relax, I was fucking around. But I am amused by your unconditional homage, keep it up. :D

Hey, I didn't get to see your renderings of R35, got one for upload?

ZedEx
07-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Yea I figured you were... It just keeps the forum more fun eh? Haha

Not to upload... I dont have the copyrights on the renderings or generations yet. But soon.

-Wes

Z_Fanatic
07-12-2004, 11:16 PM
dude, what do I give a shit about copyrights. nor do I have any intention to steal your intellectual product. if you can upload it, you can PM me. there are many ways. you're not serious right? c'mon, we're all Nissan fans.

1viadrft
07-13-2004, 10:57 AM
What are those pesky Pm's for I wonder...? LoL

Well this thread has gone to hell... lets get back on topic! OF THE ENGINE YOU GUYS VOTED FOR... WHY DID YOU PICK IT? WHY DO YOU THINK THIS ENGINE IS THE SH-T? Are there any domestic-motor loving 'tards out there? Lets make this interesting! Any and all preferences apply!

karthalin
07-13-2004, 05:43 PM
you guys are wierd.

YEA! G-G-G-G-G-G UNIT BITCH! I'm from the street!

G-G-G-G-G-Get your ass out of the car! Sell crack, I hear thats what they do around here. Obligetory Dave Chappelle quote..

Anywayz, Sam, it is my understnading that you own your own company and have worked on many, many, many Zeds in your time. So, if you would (and anyone else who can help), whats the least expensive way to go here?

Lets say, start with a 2+2 NA. Engine swap to a VG30DETT and upgrade to 700 rwhp, go the whole 8 yards with it (going 9 yards would be ridiculous, i'm no talking about a 7 sec AutoX'er). Make the car an amazing AutoX car. OR engine swap to the RB26DETT and do the same thing. Also, what would be the average time to do both engine swaps for either an expierienced Pro or an average mechanic?

Thanx a shiot Load Maye's

Z_Fanatic
07-13-2004, 07:25 PM
I hear the new VQ is pretty good. It hauls ass! I might get a '04 Murano with Xtronic CVT and 6 speed manual shifter, so I liked how VQ performed after today's testdrive. Suspensions are awesome.

Bray Hill
07-14-2004, 12:19 AM
I have'nt bothered to read this entire thread because it so far seems pretty stupid. Arguing over what type of motor. Who cares, to each his own, whatever makes you're boat float.

Personally I would someday like to see a massaged LT4 or LS1 small block under the hood of my 87 Z with a custom geared Borg-warner T-56 backing up the power. But dreams are dreams and I only hope they can come true for evereyone.

In the meantime, drive it like you stole it.

freakonaleash1187
07-14-2004, 01:44 AM
that is funny, bray goes on about how it is stupid to talk about what motor you want in a z and then in the next paragraph, he talks about what motor he would like in a z, sorry if it was just me thinking that is funny.

anyways, keep domestics with domestics and imports with imports. we have already discussed this earlier in the thread, so that is all i am saying about that.

Z_Fanatic
07-14-2004, 03:57 PM
he's a :newbie: dumb ass, that's why I didn't bother responding.

ZedEx
07-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Shit, I had some guy tell me I should have dropped a 351 into my first Zed... I thought it may have been fun? Haha :D

And Karthalin.

Yea bro. Check your PM...

And Z Fanatic. NO, I have about 3 ideas that are getting patented, and or copyrighten at the moment... Try this:

Come up with a REALLY kick-ass idea... And then tell it to someone. See how awkward it makes you feel. Haha

Back on topic:

RB25DET for your dorifto application would be best Via. In my opinion.

-Wes

1viadrft
07-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Ever do this swap in your shop, Wes? I really wanna do it!

ZedEx
07-14-2004, 09:57 PM
Not me personally...

My buddy over in Phoenix has done it many-a-time. If you would like... He will do it for you.

He just got done dropping in an RB26DETT into a Zed Slicktops... I envy the owner SO much, haha.

-Wes

1viadrft
07-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Not me personally...

My buddy over in Phoenix has done it many-a-time. If you would like... He will do it for you.

He just got done dropping in an RB26DETT into a Zed Slicktops... I envy the owner SO much, haha.

-Wes

Email me some details... prices of engine and labor.

oneviadrift99@hotmail.com

ZedEx
07-15-2004, 08:56 PM
E-Mail sent. Give me a call at the number I gave you... Ask for Wes.

-Wes

wingsofwar
07-16-2004, 06:09 PM
if i had a Z32 N/A coupe id strip everything off the car untill its a frame, Carbonfiber and plexi glass the basterd and drop a 20B in there. and start building up a car from there.

1viadrft
07-16-2004, 06:20 PM
20B? In a Z32? Blasphemy!

ZedEx
07-17-2004, 11:25 AM
Rotary power in a Zed... Not a bad idea except it would have enough torque to get the thing to perform right. 20B's were in FD's for a reason... Power-To-Weight was AWESOME.

-Wes

RX_speed
07-17-2004, 03:27 PM
20Bs were neeeeever in FDs. they were in Cosmos. people swapped them into FDs. FDs came with 13B-REWs

ZedEx
07-17-2004, 06:28 PM
Yea I rebuilt a few 13B's in my day... Love Wankels man.

Thats what I was getting at though dude... They slide right in.

-Wes

RX_speed
07-18-2004, 12:12 AM
my bad, i misunderstood you

ZedEx
07-18-2004, 08:37 PM
Nah dude its cool...

You've had to correct me before :D

-Wes

freakonaleash1187
07-22-2004, 12:51 AM
that is a different idea, a rotary in a z. hmmmm, would there be enough torque to get the thing to move. i don't know much about rotary's, so i'm not going to say anything else on that subject.

1viadrft
07-22-2004, 10:28 AM
Yuh... they don't have enogh torque.

wingsofwar
07-22-2004, 01:26 PM
yes rotories dont make much TQ, this is why i stated Stripping the car to the frame and replacing most of the parts with carbonfiber or sheet metal. A lighter car will have more free stress effect on the crank especially if the car is turbocharged. Since FD and FC are light cars, the rotories can make them very nimble and fast. Since nobody really likes the extreme weight of the Z32 or even Z31 for that matter. Why not shave down the unessesary weight below 2800lbs.

if i had a Z32 N/A coupe id strip everything off the car untill its a frame, Carbonfiber and plexi glass the basterd and drop a 20B in there. and start building up a car from there.

1viadrft
07-22-2004, 04:56 PM
I like my girls chunky!!!! Screw stripping the Z!!! A true street car keeps a full interior!!! Build more HP!!!!!!! If you can beat cars with a full interior then more props to you! I'd do carbon-fiber or fiber-glass... but not go as far plexiglass or puling out seats!!! Keep that for the track!!! Keep her chunky!!!

Z_Fanatic
07-22-2004, 05:30 PM
the old rotaries on the RX-7 was also a gas-guzzler, unlike the new RX-8, which is an improvement in terms of mpg.

1viadrft
07-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Yeah... but the RX8 is also a pile of dried dog crap compared to all the other rotary powered Mazda's!

Z_Fanatic
07-22-2004, 10:25 PM
it's not so bad, the Renesis received one of the engine of the year award. by no means it has the performance of its predecessors, but it make RX-8 a unique car, novelty item, not a champ. Although RX-8 has faster times than 350Z even with less HP I think.

freakonaleash1187
07-22-2004, 10:29 PM
no no no, the 350z is faster than the rx-8. quite a bit faster. in straight-line and handling (at leasts the tests that we can do for handling).
1/4 mile: 350z-13.9 rx-8-14.5
slalom: 350z-67.8 rx-8-65.4
skidpad: 350z-.91 rx-8-.88

Z_Fanatic
07-22-2004, 10:36 PM
i guess i was referring to 0-60 bud, lol, the renesis has lower torque on the mid-range. which is why it falls behind the 350z.

ZedEx
07-22-2004, 10:38 PM
... RENESIS (R-otary g-ENESIS) isnt all that different from any other Wankel.

Another exhaust port... Woaw.

Just think that a 12 year old kid in 1913 dreamt the Rotary up... After waking up from a dream. He then went to NSU and had the engine patented and sold by the age of 21. His name... Felix Wankel.

The engine was sold to Toyo Kogyo... Modern day Mazda. It took Matsuda (Head engineer of TK) over 20,000 prototypes to get it right... It turned out the proper Metalergic Composition included... Pencil lead :D

Imagine that...

Kinda makes you want to listen to your dreams a bit closer, huh?

-Wes

Z_Fanatic
07-23-2004, 10:37 PM
so any idea why Mazda is trying to screw themselves up or lying about the initial HP with the RX-8? Or are they hiding the real power of Renesis until (if) they unveil (new RX-7) something else?

RX_speed
07-24-2004, 04:03 AM
so any idea why Mazda is trying to screw themselves up or lying about the initial HP with the RX-8? Or are they hiding the real power of Renesis until (if) they unveil (new RX-7) something else?

they did not lie about the hp figures. when they released that info they did not compensate for emissions regulations they would have to meet for 2004. When the car was released the ECU had been programmed differently to meet the regulations, thus having less power than originally advertised

RENESIS (R-otary g-ENESIS) isnt all that different from any other Wankel. Another exhaust port... Woaw.

its not supposed to be drastically different, it is just an improved 13B. It also has lighter rotors and greatly improved fuel efficiency. It makes more mpg for the power it makes than any older N/A rotary can. I know you probably know this but alot of people compare the RX-8 with the FD, but they dont realize that the RX-8 is N/A and is a sedan. So i guess what im trying to say is its a pretty damn good improvement on the N/A rotary, and the next RX-7 (which is supposed to be FI) will be SICK. :2cents:

ZedEx
07-24-2004, 09:25 AM
FI?

You've lost me there... The only thing I cant think that you mean is the factory code (i.e FD3S, FC3S... FI3S?)

RX-8 is at the top of my wish list car wise... Along with a Twin Turbo Zed, and a G-G-G-G35.

Awesome car... Awesome engine... Awesome looks...

... Damn it must be awesome then, huh?

-Wes

1viadrft
07-24-2004, 10:26 AM
All I gotta say is.... patience my children....

in 2007...

NISSAN (INFINITI?) SKYLINE GTR!!!

I'm so giddy....

ZedEx
07-24-2004, 05:52 PM
... Dont get your hopes up George.

Keep in mind the R34 was "supposed" to come to the states in 1998... Renault took over Nissan's production. And decided there was no "market" for Skyline in practical America.

So we'll see... If R35 makes it to the US Roads... Im selling everything. And get one of those VH45DE powered beast's.

-Wes

Z_Fanatic
07-24-2004, 06:17 PM
So it's true, France owns Nissan? I thought it was a rumor, SHIT!

ZedEx
07-25-2004, 08:30 AM
Does it really matter?

The cars are still pretty good... Although im one to stick to early-nineties styling; New Nissans are still nice.

-Wes

Z_Fanatic
07-25-2004, 01:38 PM
well as we've seen with Aston Martin and Jaguars, the parent companies (Ford in this case) tends to rub-off, good or bad. I like my Nissans original. And I don't know whether it's Nissan itself or Renault's influence, but I am not so fond of the new Z.

ZedEx
07-25-2004, 04:51 PM
The new Z is beautiful... Look at a profile shot of a Z31, Z32, and Z33... They all have the same basis accent lines.

The Z33 is keeping in the Zeds styling. The only problem I can fault 350 on... Are those God-Awful door handles... Christ.

-Wes

RX_speed
07-25-2004, 07:13 PM
FI?

You've lost me there... The only thing I cant think that you mean is the factory code (i.e FD3S, FC3S... FI3S?)

-Wes

FI means Forced Induction, as in TURBO RENESIS :iceslolan

VQuick
07-25-2004, 08:43 PM
So we'll see... If R35 makes it to the US Roads... Im selling everything. And get one of those VH45DE powered beast's.

The VH-series V8 has been discontinued for 3 years now. It was replaced by the VK.

Renault owns only 44% of Nissan, but it's enough for what people call a 'controlling interest.'

And love it or hate it, the 350Z was styled by a Briton by the name of Ajay Panchal(Indian).

Z_Fanatic
07-25-2004, 10:44 PM
Designed by a Brit? He works for Nissan or something? I mean, you'd expect Japan/France to submit the design.

Anyway, 350Z does carry over the stylings of the previous Zs, but it's more like what you'd call a refinement over the original 240Z and Z31. I can name quite a lot of exterior differences between it and Z32 than similarities.

VQuick
07-26-2004, 09:30 AM
Designed by a Brit? He works for Nissan or something? I mean, you'd expect Japan/France to submit the design.

Ajay Panchal worked at a Nissan design studio in the US, I think. It wasn't like there was a 'Design the 350Z' contest or anything. Ajay's design was picked over some of the other designers. I wouldn't be surprised if there were design submissions from Japan too, but probably not France, unless Nissan has a design studio there too.

1viadrft
07-28-2004, 01:55 PM

Yeah... they are "financial partners" with Renault... some of their cars look like excat copies of Nissans...

karthalin
07-28-2004, 04:35 PM
How long until one company owns everything? Or is it already here? MUAHAHAHA!

Athiril
07-30-2004, 08:29 PM
a worked L28E @ 3.1 Litre with a very big turbo or two medium-big turbos of course.

Z_Fanatic
07-31-2004, 01:23 AM
How long until one company owns everything? Or is it already here? MUAHAHAHA!

unfortunately, that's what ends up happening. I hope Nissan buys out Renault, and not the other way around, if that ever comes down to it.

Bray Hill
08-13-2004, 05:23 AM
freakonaleash can get fucked. I was simply stating my opinion, while trying to respect every one else's. I hope everyones dreams come true but just the same fuck you.

1viadrft
08-13-2004, 10:14 AM
Who the fuck are you? Someone needs a time-out...

freakonaleash1187
08-13-2004, 11:06 AM
why in the hell did you call me out? cuz you said that you think it is stupid for everybody to argue about what engine to put in a z. then you go about saying what to put into a z, and now you are arguing about it. so you are calling yourself stupid?

1viadrft
08-13-2004, 03:21 PM
He's a fuck-tard, freak... don't worry about him!

ZedEx
08-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Hup, yea basically...

I hate newbies sometimes guys... But we were all one earlier in life... So we gotta cut them so slack.

But there are quite a few that are on my shit-list.

-Wes

Broke_as_****
08-15-2004, 04:16 AM
Well I was determined not to get into the "what to swap" "why would you swap" "**** you" type arugments, since this thread is going astray I'll just say that Renault bought up alot of Nissan back in the mid and late 90s when Nissan was basically one step from monetary suicide and its car line up was selling miserably. With some new direction and a ton of money invested in a few entirely new platforms (like the Z33, the Titan, the new Altima etc and so on) Nissan has once again risen among the ranks of the top auto makers in the world and Renault has benefitted accordingly, most notably from using Nissan platforms as bases for their own cars, something that is a inhumanly good idea if you have ever seen some older Renaults, which used to be invariably linked with the term "dented-rusty-shit-bucket".

freakonaleash1187
09-08-2004, 08:25 PM
WHO VOTED IN THIS THREAD! please close this wes.

1viadrft
09-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Yes, Mr. Brown....

Add your comment to this topic!