Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Throttle body cleaning 2010 impala

2010Firstimp
11-13-2022, 02:09 PM
My 2010 Impala's rpm gauge goes up and down a lot when stopped, it is a little bit rough so I want to clean it. I have the throttle body cleaner and the tools to take it off but I heard that after I clean the throttle body and put it back on I have to recalibrate it or something like that? I just want to know if a recalibration of the TB is something that has to be done.
Thank you

maxwedge
11-13-2022, 06:16 PM
Only if drive by wire. Pcm will relearn the idle if required. Btw welcome to the forum.

j cAT
12-04-2022, 12:58 PM
the GM electrical components had a lot of corrosion ... look up the codes ...
also the fuel pressure is inspect it ...the fuel pressure module is some connector corrosion ..

Stealthee
12-04-2022, 05:34 PM
A quick Google shows the TB relearn process

1) Start the engine and let it idle in park for 3 minutes. During that period the idle may be higher idle than normal.
2) After 3 minutes, turn the engine off and leave it off for 60- seconds.
3) Start the engine again and let it idle in park for 3 minutes one more time. During these run periods you may see a check engine light. Scan for codes and if you get throttle body related codes, clear them.
4) If the idle speed is still off, drive the vehicle at speeds above 44-mph and operate several acceleration and deceleration cycles. Then repeat step #3 one last time.

Add your comment to this topic!