Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Window wipers issue

Okochano16
03-13-2011, 05:50 AM
The window wiper on the driver side of my 2000 Hyundai Excel smacks against the outer frame of the car once I drive over 80km's an hour.

The wiper often goes clear out over the side of the car so you can see it out through the drivers window...and sometimes it can get stuck there which also means the other wiper (on the passanger side) stops working too!!!

Is there any explaination for why the wipers only seems to do this when the car goes over a certain speed and how can I get it too stop?

The wiper blades themselves seem fine and wouldn't be that old...but obviously since the wiper blade on the drivers side keeps smacking against the frame of the car I'm guessing it won't be long til I need to replace that sides wiper blade?

denisond3
03-18-2011, 05:42 AM
I think it could be that the wiper arm has come loose from the pivot, or been positioned a few degrees too 'high' on the windshield when they are parked: Or that the mechanism of the wiper (hidden under the cowling) has come loose. There may be plastic bushings in the mechanism that have failed also. The reason it shows up at higher speeds is just because the wind speed is enough to force the wiper arm further over.

Thomas Sams
04-03-2014, 02:25 AM
dude if you drive continuously 80 km and wiper is on then i think its not good way but which car was you drive at those time..Some times wiper is out of order if you want another wipers now i will send you detail if you are interested in it....

Add your comment to this topic!