Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

location of service connector for ignition timing

zagrot
05-13-2005, 05:21 PM
i'm setting the ignition timing on my roommate's '00 civic LX (four door) and i need to find the service connector. he has a service manual for the car, but it is still packed up somewhere since we just moved. i read the manual the day it was bought (yeah, i really like cars) and all i can remember the manual saying is the service connector has a blue cap and two wires attached, but i can't find it anywhere. there is a blue connector on the driver side strut tower, but it has six wires attached to each side and it connects two parts of the wire harness. if this is the appropriate connector to use to set the ignition timing which pins do i jump while making the timing adjustments (with the timing light, of course)? also on the driver side strut tower is a plastic connector in a rubber cover with a single blue w/silver dot wire attached, could this be the service connector? would i just ground this lead before setting the timing? any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

2000 honda civic
four door LX
1.6L four cyl.
not VTEC
found the engine code once, but can't remember. (B- something i think)

zagrot
05-13-2005, 07:22 PM
*bump* -- i can't bug the dealer's service center untill 9:00 am tomarrow.

97CivicX
05-14-2005, 12:35 PM
passenger side kick panel

zagrot
05-14-2005, 03:00 PM
that really is the last place that i would have thought to look; its proximity to the computer sort of makes sense but it is a pain to get to. thanks, it runs like a dream now.

Add your comment to this topic!