Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Swift
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM   #1
KE.street.styler
AF Newbie

new owner or a swift

Hey everyone.
This board looks pretty dead, man. Lets try to liven it up a bit.

I'm KE (kay-e), I live in the US, and I have two cars. I have a 93 Mazda MX-6 LS. It's a V6 with a 5spd. I custom made my own bodykit and RAM air intake. I also painted the dash. It's one of a few company projects I've got going with my brother. I just got a 94 suz-swift. Its the base model with an automatic tranny. I'm not too happy about that, but I don't know enough about these cars to do anything about it. So, tell me about your car(s) and what options I have for a motor/5 spd swap for my suz. Right now, I'm thinking I might try to put a Honda K20 motor and 6spd tranny in. Do you guys think that's possible? Talk to me guys, teach me about this car.
KE.street.styler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 PM   #2
Torch
AF Regular

Re: new owner or a swift

I don't know anything about the Swift, but I do know that Suzuki makes good engines, I have the 1.6 liter in my 99 Suzuki Esteem, it has over 115k miles on it and still flies when I floor it. I would leave the Swift's engine in there and find a manual tranny for it.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
KE.street.styler
AF Newbie

It's got 100,000 miles on it as is, and I'm seriously considering racing it. That's why I'm thinking go with a more powerful power-plant that's also more popular, for building options. I don't know what kind of wear and tear are on the block and heads, so I'd rather play it safe. does suzuki have any good motors? what are the engine codes so I can look them up?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:09 PM   #4
Torch
AF Regular

The 1.6 and 1.8 liter are the only two 4 cylinder engines that I know of that came in the Esteem, I have only ever owned the 1.6, a few years ago when I was at the Suzuki dealer I noticed that they had re-introduced the inline 6 cylinder, I don't remember if it was rear wheel drive or not.

The Swift has the 1.3 but I don't know anything about it.

Regardless of the engine, the 1996 and newer have the OBD-II engine management system on them if that makes any difference to you.
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:55 AM   #5
KE.street.styler
AF Newbie

OBD II doesn't make much of a difference any more. Back in the day, I was all about OBD I because there's no rev-limiter and what-not. But now a days it's so cheap to chip the ECU to get ride of rev-limiters, that it really doesn't matter. I found a pretty sweet deal on a JDM Honda B16A gen II. It comes with everything, even motor/tranny mounts. I'll still have to custom fabricate pieces to make it all fit, and the wiring is going to be a night mare, especially crossing brands like that. But it'll be worth it. I mean, putting a 170hp power-plant into a 1,800lbs car, she'll scream down the road with out any mods!!! The weight ratio will go from 25.4:1 to 10.5:1. That translates to a MASSIVE acceleration gain! I mean, my MX6's weight ratio is about 21:1 and she can out accelerate if not out run most other 93 cars with a V6. So my Suz should be a real street-killer, and might be able to hold her own on the track too.

If you're not familar with Honda motors, the B16A gen II is what came in the 94-97 DOHC Del Sol and 95-00 civic type R in Japan, and the 98-00 Civic SI and 94-97 DOHC Del Sol here in the states. It's a strong, light weight motor, with all lot of potential and parts available for building. Even Spoon realized it's potential when they first started building motors for endurance racing. Depending on finances, I might even get the Spoon B16A

I can't help it, I've been a Honda man ever since I owned a 93 Del Sol SI...god I miss that car!!!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Suzuki > Swift