Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 11:10 PM   #1
6kid
AF Newbie

Question Getting a car through U.S. customs

I want to bring two first gen m3's into the U.S. but I don't know how to get them through customs. I met a guy who had a honda beat convertible, and he imported it WITHOUT going through a registered importer and WITHOUT making modifications sneeking past the high fee's, how can I do this! I know I can get the cars registered once I get them through customs, it is just getting them through that seems to be the problem, can anyone help, anyone?
6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 12:06 AM   #2
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to THE4TH
where are you bringing them in from ?
Old 09-18-2002, 02:00 AM   #3
auto-drive
AF Newbie

and what is the purpose of these 2 m3's?
auto-drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 04:43 AM   #4
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

what's wrong with the us m3's?
and are they coming from overseas.. or can ya sneak them into canada first.. cause once they are in canada they can be driven over without problem.. or at least minimal trouble...
Old 09-18-2002, 12:37 PM   #5
6kid
AF Newbie

-I will be bringing these cars in from germany.
-I will be driving them on public roads, taking them to shows, and lapping events.
-I could ship them into canada, but I don't know their importing policies, if you do and have a conection hook me up!
-There is nothing wrong with the U.S. m3, it is a great car, but there is only one U.S. model, the 190hp coupe. I will be bringing in a convertible, and a sport evolution or "evo 3". If you didn't know these cars were not availible to the U.S. market. The convertible comes stock with 215hp, and the evo comes with a larger 2.5l four producing 238hp, it has lots of other goodies too: bigger brakes, light weight windows, a two inch wider stance, wider 16" wheels, suede steering wheel, e-brake, and shifter boot/knob, better recaro seats, different suspension, adjustable front and rear spoilers, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff, all stock. BMW made 500 of them so they could keep up with the other evo cars in the early 90's dtm, the car kicks serios butt!
6kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2002, 02:03 PM   #6
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

unfortunatly.. i don't have a hook up .. anywhere for importing..
but it seems to me that canada has less strict import laws.. and lower fees... if you are having it shipped somewhere if your in seattle , i would have them shipped somewhere in BC, your right under it.. take a few hours and some friends and drive up there to get them...
it's a long way around for germany but getting it into canada would be much less of a problem.. in fact if you could ship it to mexico it would be your best bet.. the boarder for us, and mex, you could drive them accross no problem as long as ya had us id..
i'm not that into importing so i am not sure of shipping regs. but look online or make some calls.. you might be able to find something..
Old 09-27-2002, 09:18 PM   #7
BrazilianVTEC
AF Newbie

Same Question ???

I have a Honda Civic VTi in Brazil and I want to bring it to Canada, but i don`t know where to look for information , can anyone give some direction ???
Life in Brazil was good !!! I remember Smoking those Audi A3s 180hp , leaving them 4 ,5 cars behind, yep it was good... seeing the face of the owners who just bought a $55 000 car not understanding what`s going on , how that $12 000 car just ignored them , leaving them with nothing but my rear wiper going bye bye !!!
BrazilianVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 12:12 PM   #8
THE4TH
AF Fanatic

grab a phone book , or call a shipping company..
they will either have info for you..
or be able to offer you the name or number of someone who can ship your car for you..