Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 07:01 PM   #1
keno39046
AF Newbie

Question Avalon O2 Code 135

I just bought my daughters old 98 Avalon....it has 117,000 miles. She had been driving around for a couple of months with the check engine light on. when I pulled the code it was a 135.....heat circuit, bank 1 number 1 O2 sensor. I went ahead and secured three Bosch generic 4 wire sensors of the proper type. So far I have replaced what I call the "front" o2 snesor. It is the one down where the water pump would be if the engine was in there facing forward! I erased the codes...took it for a spin and found that it ran much better.....more pep....then after about 30-45 minutes the check engine light re-appeared.....and I got the same code....135. I plan to replace the other rwo O2 sensors this weekend but was wondering if there is a relay, possible bad ground etc. etc. or somewhere else to check?????? This is my first time out wrenching on an Avalon. Hope to hear from somebody. Thanks, Ken
keno39046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #2
keno39046
AF Newbie

Re: Avalon O2 Code 135

I finally replaced the middle O2 sensor and the check ebnginge light stayed off. Initially I htought the code was for the front sensor????!!! Anyhow, I will replace the one under the seat just for good measure. The generic Bosch sensors I bought on ebay were pretty reasonable but came in zip lock bags with no wiring schematic (wire colors are different). No problem, I just went to the Bosch web site and looked up installation instructions for the generic 4 wire sensors....they have a chart covering the wire color codes etc.
keno39046 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Avalon/Pronard