Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #76
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

Not much of a race but I saw a c5 vette do a nice loittle drift while doing a left turn. I also saw a 350z haulin ballz down the street. I forgot how good those sound. Atleast it will keep the thread alive

1992 Sentra SE-R: Bluebird SR20DET @ 10psi, 3" exhaust, FMIC, Poly-Urethane Motor Mounts, Centerforce (slipping) Clutch, Tein SS coilovers, FSTB, RSTB, 205/50/15 Hankook RS2's
PWRDbyUNCLEbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:19 AM   #77
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Re: The Never Ending Race Thread

kept up with some civics with exhaust in my moms contour sport on the freeway
Old 02-17-2005, 08:33 AM   #78
Aerowitz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Aerowitz Send a message via Skype™ to Aerowitz

Argh, I gotta pay all of my car insurance today... big dent in my wallet now.

Saw a 2005 Mustang today but she didn't bite. Too bad.

Aerowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 10:38 AM   #79
SpeedDemon101
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpeedDemon101

i wonder how long this thread will last.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:06 PM   #80
BullDog71ss
AF Enthusiast

I got a couple small fun ones from a few nights ago while driving in my truck. The truck is an 02 Sierra HD 6.0 liter, basically it just looks like a big heavy slow beast. While driving home at 12:30 AM or so this 02+ neon sxt with a pretty cute girl in it starts pacing me, then she flies by me, slows down and I pass her, then flies by again. So the next time she tries to do another fly-by I let her get ahead a bit and I stomp on it and reel her in pretty quick, pass her, then let off, and she does another fly-by...heh. The light ahead turns red and I pull up next to her and just grinned at her, she was not happy about being beat by a a big chevy. As the light turns green we both mash on it and I got a couple truck lengths on her within a few seconds, let off and she passes me, then I reeled her in again, then let off...I do this a few more times up to around 60-70 mph and she just gives up realizing that I'm having way too much fun playing around with her.

The next one occured right after I was done playing around with the girl. Apparently a guy in a lowered isuzu/mistu (couldnt tell which one) pickup was watching the girl and I messing around and wanted a piece of the action(I guess he figured he'd fair better than her). So he pulls up next to me at the red light I was waiting at, I didnt really notice him cause I was messing around with my radio. Light goes green and he guns it, catching me off-gaurd because he gave no indication of wanting to race. He made it to the other side of the intersection before I realized I was being raced(about 3 of his truck lengths), so I floor the 6.0 liter and pull passed him like he was standing still, get about 2 truck lengths ahead doing 50 or so, then let off. I did the same business that I did to the girl before him, just let him pass me, gassed it, let him pass then gassed again up to 70 or so. After that he got the idea. Whats funny is I don't think either of them got the idea that I was just playing with them untill the third of forth time I pass them up...Hehe.

Lesson learned...don't underestimate the giant truck in the lane next to you, especially when you drive a stock 135hp econobox.

Nothing too exciting, just doing my part to keep this ridiculously long thread going
BullDog71ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 04:39 PM   #81
Aerowitz
AF Regular

Hey, as long as they don't make the damn things loud as hell, I don't mind the large trucks around here.

We got a guy with a real nice new Dodge Ram in town. I always wanted a Ram when I was a kid. How much horsepower/torque do they push out now? I think they made a performance-tuned Ram for sale that was real powerful but I forget the trim level...

Old 02-17-2005, 05:40 PM   #82
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

new ford f-series truck tried today, ... slowest truck i've ever seen , car and driver had them rated at 20lbs per hp and he tried up to 70mph

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Sleepr awd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 07:12 PM   #83
Aerowitz
AF Regular

...and? I haven't seen many "good" F-Series' for a long time. It's not that much of a shock that it sucks.

Old 02-17-2005, 08:59 PM   #84
BullDog71ss
AF Enthusiast

My truck comes stock with around 320 hp and around 400 trq. The new hemi's are around one hp per cubic inch.
Old 02-17-2005, 09:12 PM   #85
BullDog71ss
AF Enthusiast

I've also got one from when my camaro was still running good. My buddy and I were cruising around in my 71 ss about 2 years ago on a very nice Morning in spring. While driving we passed up a couple of kids in a very nice red 70-71 chevelle SS with a rag top. They were from the high school I graduated from (I knew they were from there cause I saw the same car parked in the school's lot a couple days later). The setup couldnt have been more perfect either, two very nice older chevy's from around the same year, two ppl per car, NO ONE on the road but us at like 11:30 on a Sat morn. Both cars were also autos, so we started our power braking when the lights to our side were going yellow. His car started to lurch from the trq, and mine started to howl from the turbo spooling up (yes, a 350 with a turbo charger). The sound from these cars both revving up was great. The light turns green, we both launch, he spun his tires for a bit and I got the hole shot on him. I made it across the intersection before he moved more than a few feet. By this time the turbo was working full force, and I recieved nice solid tire chirps from the TM350 tranny, kicking the back out a bit each shift. At about 60 mph I was bus lengths ahead, I figured he'd but up a little better fight but I was wrong. He proceeded to do a nice ricer fly-by on me, my buddy and I both got a good laugh out of that.
Old 02-17-2005, 10:58 PM   #86
-Jayson-
AF Enthusiast

i played with a new model GTP on the freeway today, nothing major, i gave up once he turned into one of those stupid dodge through heavy traffic racers. Those are jsut stupid. Then after i gave up, i saw a early model Explorer follow doing the same thing, i was expecting that thing to flip.

SouthEast Ecotec Enthusiast
-Jayson- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:07 PM   #87
i3o2Matt
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i3o2Matt Send a message via Yahoo to i3o2Matt

one time a few months ago i saw a viper get on it...not hard...but he took off down the street...that was awesome...another time i was in my old car and saw a nice looking fox body, so i revved up a little and he looked over (i had a 1992 Grand Prix with a DTM-style exhaust on it and a cone filter instead of the factory air box). light turned green, i floored it, spinnin tires a little, and i hear the guy spinnin tires. I hear him shift into second, spinnin them again. I hear him shift into third STILL SPINNIN then after spinnin a lil while in third he just let off and drove normally, as did i (i was obviously a few car lengths ahead since he was spinnin tires so much). that was a fun night...

Another time i was in my GP still, and i saw a late 90s TA with what appeard and sounded to be straight pipes. we were makin a left hand turn and i revved up a little bit. he heard me, looked in his rear view mirror, waited for an opening, and slid through the left turn (it was just a left turn, no crossing lanes of traffic), proceeded to fishtail and take off. I was already out on the road floored and he just walked away real fast (the GP was a slow POS...a 2003 V6 mustang walked right past it one time)

i love messin with the big V8s just to see them take off...:-P
Old 02-17-2005, 11:19 PM   #88
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: The Never Ending Race Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerowitz
...and? I haven't seen many "good" F-Series' for a long time. It's not that much of a shock that it sucks.
"ahem"

my dad's truck is a f-series... and his truck is awesome

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 11:58 PM   #89
Aerowitz
AF Regular

Well then, congratulations on finding a worthwhile F-Series.

I live in a pretty decrepit area, so any cars here are either piles of shit, or they are really nice. Doesn't seem to be any "in-between" area. The only F-Series trucks that pass through are horrible diesel suckers that do nothing more than make noise at 2 in the morning.

Old 02-18-2005, 03:07 AM   #90
street_racer_00
AF Fanatic

I saw a pretty sweet car at my work...it was an 1980's AMG SL mercedes....I had no idea that AMG even tuned the SL mercedes couples in the 1980's....it had a "6.0" badge on the rear and a license plate frame that said "AMG hammer"....my guess is AMG stroked the 5.5 liter V8 from the 560SL to 6 liters...anyone else seen one of these cars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassiesMan
I got to see boobiues!
street_racer_00 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing