Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis
Eclipse Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #1
FLHTom
AF Newbie

Angry GST -supposed to be a Turbo model/

I had my local mechanic change the ECU due to driveability issues, now it only runs about 3 min.s then dies? The car is a USA made GS-T, 2.0 liter. Is it supposed to be a turbo model? (car doesn't have a turbo). Could the prob. be due to incorrect ECU? I paid this guy $1000.00 to fix it and it has sat a year now. Any help in how to identify proper ECU for this car would be much appreciated. I'm thinking of running an OBDII scanner to see the codes myself, and do the work myself. thanks, tom pauly
FLHTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
ned032002
AF Enthusiast

Re: GST -supposed to be a Turbo model/

Whats the year, make, and model? The vin number could tell you exactly what it is too. Since you mentioned obd2, I'm going to assume that it's a 2g (95-99). And if that's the case and there is no turbo, then it's got to be a 420A. I may be wrong but you could always post a pic of your engine bay and we can tell you exactly what it is. If your standing in front of the car facing the engine, what side is the tranny on? If it's on the right, then it's a 420A. If its on the left, then it's a 4G63. Only the GST and GSX came with the 4G63 and they were turbo as well as the TSi Talons. The 420A came on the GS and RS Eclipse's as well as the ESi Talons.

Hope this helps you in figuring out if you have the right or wrong ecu.
ned032002 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Eclipse Problem Diagnosis