Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #1
500hpgtx
AF Regular

Talking Engine "shaking" resolved

Hi Guys! Found a Good Scanner for my 3.8L 95 Transport. Helps alot with error codes and description. Codes indicated misfires, lean(low) O2 read,
and pintle position error for EGR.
I swapped out the EGR with a spare from my GTX(removed egr). What a difference in having something that will read codes and check engine operation. .....makes my life a little easier after years of troubleshooting without one. My intuition is good but not this good......thanks for your help guys........KEV

http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP9127-...gy_auto_text_b
Old 06-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
Jrs3800
AF Enthusiast

Re: Engine "shaking" resolved

Funny you say that Kev.... I just recently had the exact same issue with my Series III swapped trans sport...LOL...

EGR Pintle Error... I replaced my EGR and it cleared up the problem...lol

Glad you got it..
Jrs3800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 AM   #3
500hpgtx
AF Regular

Time and Again I cinfirm to myself why I choose to keep this van going.
There are so many great features on this year vehicle I appreciate the simplicity
of being able to trouble shoot the problems and save ALOT of money. Lately with the economy being rough, more repair places are not forthcoming with
the real repairs, and are charging alot of money, and keeping customers in the
dark. After years of hearing nightmare stories, I realize the extra effort is worth it. I do not have the time these days to learn a new vehicle, and obviously CANBUS or whatever new DX system is out there. More advantage to keep the
average guy a "mushroom". .....appreciate having great mechanics and a bright engineer on this site...KEV
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Jrs3800
AF Enthusiast

I can understand that...

Its the reason I still have my 95 Bonneville SE, and this 95 Trans Sport SE... I also have an 03 SLE Bonneville( still pissed they quit making my Bonnevilles and Now Pontiac )GRRRRRRRRRRRR....

The Economy is not good, people here are dropping like flies, the housing market is headed down hill and will soon get worse with the space program headed out... I am not buying a new car now... I will keep what I have and Force it to keep going...

The van made a 2000 mile round trip a month ago... Went from here on the space coast to my hometown in West Virginia... My swapped Series III, and the 4T60E that had 20,000 miles on the rebuild that I did made it home and back with no issues at all... Didn't even burn a drop of oil...

The Van was given to me...I'll bet I have easily sank $1500-$2000 into it and that was to make the van drive, run and handle the way I wanted it to.. I have had it for 2.5 years and it has by far given me more service that I ever thought it could, so much so that it is my Daily Driver.. Its hauled everything... The other day it was hauling plumbing supplies( 10 Ft Sections of PVC Pipe )...... On and on..

At this point I won't be buying any cars either...
Jrs3800 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport