Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Riviera
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
breakbredquick
AF Newbie

Car wouldnt accelerate and now wont start?

Hey guys it's me again with my pain in the ass 90' buick riviera. So i just get her back from the mechanic 6 days ago and she drives like a beauty, until last night. So im driving in the city and she's doing fine, end up getting my bad luck girlfriend in the car and the car starts acting up. It's not responding to the pressing of the gas pedal, so i keep pressing and pumpin and she responds. I make it bout a mile gas pressed with very slow acceleration, then it cuts out and no response from the pressed gas peddle. Engine dosnt rev nor will the car accelerate. Pull to a stop and the car turns off. Try to restart and it starts but has an erratic idle and sputters and dies off again. Keep trying to restart it and get it going but it restarts yet still wont respond to the gas pedal being pressed in any gear. So now it wont start up or anything, it's not out of gas and the fuel pressure is reading 0 but i can hear the fuel pump working. Im assuming its my fuel pump but need reassurance. Also it's not throwing a check engine light!!! Oh and my power steering pump has a leak so i operate with out it and dont fill it, my mechanic said thats a bad idea the pump will burn out and then my belt goes. Will my belt drivin power steering pump somehow keep my car from accelerating or turning over? Also i tried starting her today and she started and immediately died but it was a full start, got maybe 3 full starts outa her and now she just keeps turning

Recently done to it in the past 2 weeks was a new MAF Sensor, Oil Change, Oil Filter Change, New CamSensor, New Plugs, New Wires New Fuel Filter, New O2 Sensor

Last edited by breakbredquick; 10-12-2008 at 02:54 PM.
breakbredquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
breakbredquick
AF Newbie

Re: Car wouldnt accelerate and now wont start?

Well, call me an idiot, stone me, or hang me. The gas gauge said there was gas and the low fuel light didnt come on, but we disconnected the line at the fuel filter, turn the key and no fuel came out. Put two gallons of gas in turn the key on and fuel came spilling out. Its got low pressure wich is probly why the litl bit of gas that was in there wasnt getin to the rail but yes folks, i was to ignorant to see that i was just out of gas, this is one for the record books, lol!!!!!
breakbredquick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > Riviera