Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
baokar15
AF Newbie

2003 Caravan DS window motor

I has stopped working, took the door panel off to see what was happening. while playing with the window switch I could see cable looping and unlooping held it in the up position to see if the window would raise, and all of the cable bound up and popped of a metal cap and the plastic cable assembly.

Now the problem, I need to know how you remove all of that so that I can purchase and install a new motor and cable/track assembly. Any Ideas or links to walk me thru step by step?
baokar15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
Spit
AF Regular

Re: 2003 Caravan DS window motor

You need a new regulator assembly. Most of the Auto Zones and Advanced Auto Parts store around here carry them and can print out detailed instructions. I have changed both the drivers and passangers side on my 97. Assuming that your 2003 is simialr to my 97...

If you have the door panel off that is half the battle. There are 2 little metal spring clips that hold the window into place on the bottom/track. They need to be popped off of the tit like projections on the bottom of the window. Pop the tits out of the brackets and then you can slide the window up and secure it with duct tape to the top of the door frame. There are 2 screws on both the left hand and right hand track. top & bottom Those need to be removed there will be a screw or 2 holding the motor in.. remove those also. You should be able to remove the entire assembly through the large cut-out on the door panel...new one goes in reverse order.

You will probably skin up a knuckle or two on the door panel, but it's really not that hard. Seems like figuring out the right way to flex the new assembly in through the door opening was a little confusing...it will fit in one way or another just keep trying.

Spit
Spit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #3
knix
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 Caravan DS window motor

I agree with the previous poster, I had to change my drivers door window regulator on my 2003. After I was driving down the road and it FELL, down, eeks, but luckily the window didnt break.

The motor was find, the cables were fine, what was broken was white plastic clip, Probably cost all of 5 Cents to make, but I had already purchased a replacement motor off of Ebay for about 40 bucks when I got the courage to pull the door apart.

getting the regulator in and out of the door was fun, also making sure that up was all the way up and level was interesting too. But Most of all it kind of ticked me off that it was a
stupid cheaply made part that necessitated the cost / stress/ and effort on my part to fix it.

BUT, Saving the 300 dollars it would have probably cost me to have a shop replace it for me was priceless.

Good luck and be fearless.

Holly
knix is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager