Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
View Poll Results: Regarding the new "Z", should Nissan:
Decontent the car to keep it under $30K? 11 4.60%
Keep the content and raise the price? 6 2.51%
Make it the way it rolled out in January 2001? 9 3.77%
Change the front? 11 4.60%
Change the rear? 7 2.93%
Change the interior? 4 1.67%
Put in a V8 option? 22 9.21%
Put in a 4 cylinder option? 3 1.26%
Come up with a junior sports car like 240SX? 12 5.02%
Get out of the car business and make only thermos jugs? 7 2.93%
Added: Offer a Turbo/Twin-turbo model 147 61.51%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-13-2002, 03:04 PM   #61
LZRACING
AF Newbie

Talking

All say and done , should be a TT option, if no sooner or later somebody is going to drop a turbo on it. 350Z TT, will eat any car on the street.
LZRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 11:27 AM   #62
chopstick
AF Newbie

Re: Re: No record of a Z32 any where ...

Quote:
Originally posted by Nismo_350Z

WTF is he talking about?! No record of 300ZX exeeding 200mph?! And how dare you compare these cars?!

For your information MY 300ZX has a top speed of 233MPH! And even at that speed it handles real well. Runs a near-flat 10 (10.2) in the 1/4 on good days, and mid 10's on ok days.

Just for the record my friend's 911 Carrera BROKE DOWN while we were racing each other 3 weeks ago. I had to stop and return to help him. I now his car is modified, though he won't tell me what he's running. He did a good job keeping up with me.

As for the others, I HAVE smoked Z06's, WRX's (once), I don't even race Audi's (how could u!), a BMW M5 (the owner was left in tears), and A FERRARI 360 MODENA!. I kid you not. What I say here is completely true. Wether you believe it or not is your choice, but I have witnesses that can account for it... :finger:

I can expect the same abilities from the 350Z, with some mods . I rest my case...

:badass:

hahah.....i think you are right man, my scooter go 200mph once so i believe your 300zx go 233mph....heheh ...lol this is so funny. Maybe one day i i will mod my bicycle and run at 300 mph.
chopstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 06:53 PM   #63
tomlong
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
For your information MY 300ZX has a top speed of 233MPH! And even at that speed it handles real well. Runs a near-flat 10 (10.2) in the 1/4 on good days, and mid 10's on ok days.
You must mean 233KPH, certainly not MPH. I would like to have a list of modifications; because I know the 1994 300ZTT I used to own would not accelerate very quickly after about 130. In order to create the type of horsepower needed for that you would need about $30,000 in engine mods. You would need two of the biggest turbo chargers on the market and nitrous to prevent the big turbos from lagging below 3000 RPM.
tomlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 05:53 PM   #64
dalestewart
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dalestewart Send a message via Yahoo to dalestewart
Unhappy Thread Creator's Prerogative

Gentlemen and Ladies of th e350Z Forum,

As the originator of this thread let me thank the many thousands who have read this thread. I am awed at the interest in the new 350Z. When I originally penned my comments, all we could call it was the "Z" because we didn't really know diddly about the final product.

I have been to the "mountain" and seen the "elephant." For those of you who aren't Louis L'Amour fans (Western novelist, awarded the Congressional Medal of Freedom), you need to expand your horizons by reading the Sackett series of books. Anyway, back to the 350Z. I have seen the new "Z." I have sat in it, driven it, and have carefully thought it through. Yesterday, I bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS with a 5 speed manual gear box.

The 350Z is undersized, has a useless trunk, the interior is like a cave that you are squeezed into, the seating position is too low for the glass to start so high, and if you are broad-shouldered you can forget about driving it on long trips.

That isn't the half of it though - the friggin' dealerships are still treating these things like they are the Holy Grail and charging a $5,000 pack that they call "dealer prep" and "market adjustment." This is the same BS that I predicted in the beginning when the new "Z" was announced to go into production.

Well, Nissan, UP YOURS!!! If you can't control your dealerships any better than that, then you don't get any of my hard-earned money!!! Price gouging for a car is petty and short-sighted. You end up driving away (no pun intended) a valuable customer base. Nissan should remember that one pissed off customer is good for ten "no sales" to people within their sphere of influence. To do this to car guys who wanted to buy a 350Z is worse, because enthusiasts are usually consulted by many family members, friends and co-workers because of their knowledge and judgement. Don't think that I'm the only one that feels this way. I spoke to several folks at last week's auto show who were interested in the 350Z early on, only to find out about the price gouging and "bidding" process involved in purchasing the few available 350Zs. :finger: :finger: Nissan should react quickly to establish an ombudsman program for dealing with the 350Z gouging issue and punish unethical dealerships.

Even with the shortcomings of the car itself, I was still planning on buying it until I ran into this gouging problem. Not any more!

When I walked up to the Mitsubishi dealership on Friday, I was quickly greeted by a courteous and helpful salesman. He showed me around the Eclipse and we test drove three variations GT5M, GTS5M, and Spyder 4A. I went to another dealership, that didn't have what I wanted and got a price for what I wanted that could be there by Monday. Next I went to my credit union, where I used their car research area to educate myself on the Eclipse (reliability, resale, performance, prices, etc.) and made a call on insurance. I went back to the first dealershipand negotiated a price well below sticker. Like I said above, I brought it home yesterday.

The Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS has a 210HP, 3.0L V6 engine, is front wheel drive, and has options that aren't even available on the high-line 350Z. All this for less than the base 350Z.

Can I live without rear wheel drive? Yes. I'm not planning on entering any SCCA events or street racing (something just dumb as hell and deadly).

Can I live without the extra 77 HP? Yep! See answer above and refer
the insurance tables.

Can I use a car with a hatchback (though it doesn't look like one), a usable rear seat, and enough room inside not to get claustrophobic? YOU BET YOUR ASS I CAN!!:silly2:

Guys, have fun with your discussions as time killers, but don't take this S__T so seriously that you forget that the bottom line is that you want a car like this to have fun!

I'm over the fighting with Nissan and the bitching and moaning. I'm having fun in my GTS. :sun:

Later,

Dale
Old 12-17-2002, 11:27 PM   #65
Lord Rahl
AF Newbie

I totally feel you on the price gouging. But that dosen't mean the 350Z is crap. And that REALLY dosen't mean that your mitsubishi is better. Give me a call in 3 years and let me know how well that eclipse is running. The only reason people are buying those is cause Mitsubishi is giving them away for no $ down, no payments for a year. JMO but I still like the 350Z. I'm gonna wait a year or 2 yet though
Lord Rahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2003, 08:05 AM   #66
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to DemonZX
Dude! I don't mean to be rude, but you are all up on this forum like you are God's gift to the Z. When in fact the Z is God's gift to us. How much could you possibly know, when you base all your knowledge of the sales of a Z on maybe one or two dealerships. Last time I checked there were thousands! I have checked out prices all around town here they are all pretty much the same, and they are all fairly reasonable! If you thought you were going to find one for the stated low price of $27,000, you should have used some real judgement. Real Z enthusiast's knew that no one would ever see that price unless maybe you work for the dealership.

You have a total of two posts on this forum!?! how can you be talking like you are the almighty, and we should all take your word? What you said earlier about the dealers not knowing much about the car is probably true, with the exception of a few. When I drove up to the dealer in my 95', I got out, and immediatly began speaking with someone about it. He then quickly figured out that I knew more about the car than he did. Which will bring the price down automatically! Because at that point the customer has control, and you own your own destiny. I know, I sold cars for a while, and I knew when some one knows more about the car than I did I knew I was screwed.

If you are pissed at the dealerships, and saying they are gouging people because you couldn't afford one that is wrong! Personaly when I went and spoke with the dealers, I can't afford one right now either. We worked some numbers, and he understood. It is a high end sports car! It is going to be expensive. If you haven't noticed this is the Z forum! Don't come on here bashing it. Real Z enthusiasts would never, and I mean never bash the car. There may be things they dislike, but never bash it. Opinons are like assholes, everybody has one! Now you should spend your time in the eclipse forum while listening to mainstream pop techno. Good Bye, and Good Luck!

R.I.P. "Mama (my Z)" . . . But now we have the VR-4 #683/2000
"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
-Tenacious D(Jack BLack)-
"Official Moron Crew Founder!"
DemonZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2003, 01:29 PM   #67
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

Does anyone else feel like I do towards this guy?! I mean his name is DaleSterwart for Christ's sake. No offense, I enjoy the occasional NASCAR race, but come on don't put down the Z over a frikn' Eclipse I want to puke! uke12:

"Dude, You fucking passed the test, but just barely, wanna know what you got?...F+......CLICK!"
Old 05-03-2003, 07:08 PM   #68
S14Kyle
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to S14Kyle
Quote:
Originally posted by DemonZX
Does anyone else feel like I do towards this guy?! I mean his name is DaleSterwart for Christ's sake. No offense, I enjoy the occasional NASCAR race, but come on don't put down the Z over a frikn' Eclipse I want to puke! uke12:
I feel that way too... I hate it when those pro-mitsu/gm/ford/honda/etc. people come in here and tell me my cars suck. I would like to see a VR-4(heavy=slow) Z06(heavy=noturn) mustang(heavy=slow) S2000(rice;speed/money=not-worth-it) etc. go up against our a Skyline GT-R R34, 350Z, 300ZX TT and come out on top, sure there are a few, but upgrade both to the fullest and Nissan will come out on top either in performance or cost. If it is on top on one, it will be very close behind on the other. I don't go into the Honda forums and tell them their cars suck, I just do it here I mean, honestly, I read this entire thread. Look at how the Ferrari 355 and the 360 Modena have been beaten by lightly modified 300ZX TTs at less than half the cost. Same with Porsche 911T's, just not as easy with the 911. I know all car companies put their hard work and sweat and they all have a purpose, but in the land that I live in, Nissan Land, all (sports) cars are pretty well-rounded and competetive. Yes, they also have their purposes, but they all come out on top, especially of their classes. Think of cars that should outclass the Nissans HARDCORE and end up getting their <behinds> handed to them.

I don't exactly know what my point is here, but for reading the anti-Nissan banter for over an hour, I can't help but complain...

Anyway, the dude with the Maxima, the Isuzu and the brand new Eclipse GTS, have fun with your funky rave music and your robot-dancing chick... I'll have fun with you as a speck in my rear-view-mirror...
Old 05-13-2003, 10:55 AM   #69
DemonZX
AF Enthusiast

word!

See he gets it!

NISSAN

Old 05-13-2003, 07:51 PM   #70
350ZLMsunset
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by DemonZX
hah yea same here anyway on the poll i thought the whole new 240sx type car idea was cool, im 14 and i want to be able to buy a nice car for not a lot of money that im not gonna kill myself in.
350ZLMsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 06:37 PM   #71
Ricky619
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Ricky619
Re: 2002.5 "New Z"

a tt option would definately grab all the consumers. but what i really want to know is on the 1/4 mile would you prefer a completely stock S2000 or a 350Z
Ricky619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 07:24 PM   #72
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

350z's are way too much money for what they are..its a nice car, but in the wrong price range.. i looked at a track, which at the time they wanted 34,000.. they needed a grand to hold it for the waiting term of 6 months and then another grand down on top of that.. its retarded.. for 34k i can buy a 03 Cobra or even a beemer.. the performance is good but LT1's were making 285 horsepower back in the 90's.. thats just not up to date with performance standards of todays sports cars.. I'd pay 34k for a twin turbo'd Z.. that would make sence, but i'm not gonna pay 34k for a car that will get beat by everything on the road..low 14's are old school.. low 13's baby! 12's 11's..
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
daveshapellSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 02:19 PM   #73
Bronigs
AF Newbie

I think if a TT 350z was released it would do really well in North America and won't really affect the skyline market because well there isnt one. Nissan is known for making fun cars and the 350z maybe fun now but with a TT itll be insane. The VQ35 is a very adreneline creating engine and if it had even a single turbo that would be even more adreneline rushing. The 350z already has alot of power but it doesnt really cut it, 0-60 in 5.6seconds is a joke for sport cars now a days. Mercedes luxury cars go 0-60 in under 5 seconds. The times are good but a srt-4 shouldnt be able to beat a 350z and well it can. Nissan better do something before people start looking elsewhere for a sports car. The new 2005 corvette will blow the doors off a 350z. Imports are supposed to have smaller displacements then domestics but be competitive. Nissan better turbo that Sh't, dont even think of making a v8 nissan turbo is the only way. Nissan should look at there past cars and how people still want them today, the 240sx is a very demanded car today and the same goes for the 300zx tt.
Bronigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:00 AM   #74
Starbucks
AF Newbie

Quote:
350z's are way too much money for what they are..its a nice car, but in the wrong price range.. i looked at a track, which at the time they wanted 34,000.. they needed a grand to hold it for the waiting term of 6 months and then another grand down on top of that.. its retarded.. for 34k i can buy a 03 Cobra or even a beemer.. the performance is good but LT1's were making 285 horsepower back in the 90's.. thats just not up to date with performance standards of todays sports cars.. I'd pay 34k for a twin turbo'd Z.. that would make sence, but i'm not gonna pay 34k for a car that will get beat by everything on the road..low 14's are old school.. low 13's baby! 12's 11's..
You fucking moron. The Z has a 26,500 base price and handles like a Porsche. LOL.
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2004, 09:59 PM   #75
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

porsche my ass you ignorant cock licker lol couldn't let you get away with that anyways sure it handles good but i wouldn't go as far as a porsche.. maybe an 80's model porsche.. it handles kinda average.. it's not that fast so its easy to drive something slow fast.. I own an 04 civic, it handles good for its slow speed, does that mean it handles like a porsche? no. Now which porsche did you have in mind that you were comparing a 350Z to?

Furthermore, i must say i'm dissapointed in the straight line performance of the 350Z.. At the track this past weekend i kept my eye on one and was keeping track of what it was running.. Now i dunno what the deal was with this car, but it was damn slow.. first pass i caught he ran 16.01, second pass i witnessed was a second faster at 15.00 and he didn't do better than that the entire day.. Now you can blame it on poor traction, but i myself managed a 13.4 with bald nitto non drag radials.. it just looked like a snale going down the track too. like it was guttless.
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
daveshapellSVT is offline   Reply With Quote