Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
View Poll Results: what kind of 350z would u buy????
Base model 17 9.55%
Enthusiast Model 24 13.48%
Touring Model 49 27.53%
Performance Model 32 17.98%
Track Model 56 31.46%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 10:51 AM   #16
Elderan
AF Newbie

I am fairly sure I am going to get the touring edition. But I am going to wait until later this year so I can see a few in person.
Elderan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 12:06 PM   #17
pluckyduck
AF Newbie

This will be my daily driver so I went with the fully loaded touring model 6MT, per my sig.
Old 09-04-2002, 04:43 PM   #18
ParadoxxNYC
AF Newbie

Daytona Blue, Performance 6spd. I can't see justifying pissing away almost 5 grand on a 240W Bose and a navi. Navigation-shmavigation, I don't live in the boonies to need navigation. I live in NYC, and I know the damn place inside and out. And If I do travel, well that's what map software on a plam pilot is for anyway. But I do plan on putting that huge space allocated fot the navi to good use. Throw in a sweet, touch-screen head unit, and a few amplified component speakers, and you have just spent under 1.5 grand for the options Nissan anally violates you to the tune of 5 grand. Oh, and btw, you can get maps on DVD and play them on you brand spanking new touch screen head unit.

P.S. The only bad thing is that you can't get leather unless you pony up 35 big ones. Ah, that's what custom shops are for anyway. And you can get the seats clad in any kind of crazy colors your heart desires. (I know you all secretly want the hot pink leather in the Z. Don't deny it )
ParadoxxNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 02:34 AM   #19
Grendel
AF Enthusiast

If I had unlimited funds, I would get the track model... I don't have any funds, so I won't be getting any model

Well, maybe I'll be able to afford the "Diecast Model"

-Grende
Grendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2002, 07:00 AM   #20
zunk
AF Newbie

base model?

I had my other Nissan in for service and the tech showed me a new Z that was getting prepared for delivery. I then talked to a salesman and he said they had 2 models coming, 1 in Oct (performance) and another in Nov (base). I was back 2 days later to put down my deposit. I missed the performance model by 5 hours!!! Was the salesman pulling my leg when he said the base model was just as good? I started to read and I would be missing out on the 18" wheels, zenon headlights, limited slip and VDC. I can always get new wheels, I can add driving lights, but will I be missing out by not getting the limited slip and VDC? VDC - electronics, something else to go out and cost me a fortune to replace (because no dealer repairs anything anymore)?

Anyone out there that has driven both models and can tell the difference? I don't race and probably won't. But I do drive fast and there are some nice rolling hills around my area.

Thanks for the help.

zunk

Oh, the salesman did say stay away from the BOSE, which I have in a Q45 and it's nothing but trouble!
zunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 04:29 PM   #21
LuvinMyZ
AF Newbie

I picked up my Z a few weeks ago. I got the Silver Chrome Touring Edition w/ 6 speed and fully loaded minus the navigation. Let me tell you that I love this car! My recommendation would be to not get the Bose stereo, it's nice but I could have put the money into a better after market one. Also, don't worry about trying to soup up the damn car....trust me it comes with enough power as it is and gets plenty of attention. Not a day goes by that I don't end up giving somebody a tour of my car in a parking lot because they thought it looked cool. Just my 2 cents.....
LuvinMyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 09:25 PM   #22
Chris
Oldie

Send a message via AIM to Chris Send a message via MSN to Chris
Actually, that 18 pounds is unsprung weight, so it does quite a difference. Mainly, you will be faster, because the engine doesn't need to waste power overcoming the inertia in the wheels.
BUT, they options are so expensive. I would get the base model. If I was autoX'ing, I would buy my own wheels (cheaper, too, most likely, and I would have the originals still, for winter wheels ) Also, Nav is much to expensive, go to mapquest, and load it onto your palm pilot (it can even talk to you ) And the huge brakes, can be bought aftermarket also. Again, you would be able to keep the originals. And for real AutoX'ing, you might want good Recaro's anyway. Pricey, but then, you have a more custom car.
But still, when you add options, you can get perilously close to 40grand, where you could get a Corvette, maybe. Or for 32, there's an S2000 (a whole different car, but still, you get the idea)

I do love this car, though. I think that is probably the best car in its class. They look much better in person than photos, also.
Old 09-25-2002, 03:31 PM   #23
Zullard
AF Newbie

about wheel weight

How did you find out that the forged 18's are 18lbs. lighter than the regular 18's and is that for each rim of for all four, well anyway that does not seem like it matters but if you do happen to race.... unsprung weight is equal to around 4 times that of sprung weight therefore if it is only 18lbs. difference for all four rims than it is still 72lbs less which equals a horse power difference of about 7hp which doesn't seem big but is still what some people will spend a hundred or two to get. Also if it is an 18lb. difference for each wheel then the track model would be an around 290 lbs less than the performance giving the track model an advantage of about 29 hp which is big, very big.
I am interested how much do the regular 18's weigh and the forged ones (each) and how did you find out, it will affect my decision. Thanks
Zullard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 06:17 PM   #24
350salesman
AF Newbie

I Have Seen them all..

I you want luxury buy touring (the bose in that little car rocks)
for speed performance Hence the name...No excess anything..
Overall performance Not 1/4 mile... is the track a true sports car
handles and stops as good as it accelerates.....

any more questions....
350salesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:30 AM   #25
VroomGal
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to VroomGal
I'm getting the touring model

I've heard that Nissan might be willing to put leather on any of the models for around 1k.. just ask your dealer about it to be sure. My dealership said he could do it "after-market" for about 1100k.. but I do worry about the quality and craftsmanship of this "After-market" job.. I do enjoy my leather!

If you do have the option to order your Z, kindly beg your dealer to not put the front license plate mount on the bumper (unless of course, it's required by law in your state) it simply ruins the smooth continuity of the front of the car.
VroomGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:35 AM   #26
VroomGal
AF Newbie

Oh and as far as checking the tire pressure from inside the car... you can only do it on the models with 18in wheels... (i think thats what it said anyway, I've looked at the www.nissandriven.com website so many times its honestly all blurring together.. but for the best way to compare all of the models go to the website, chose the 350z then go to "view specs" and then "list all" its nifty!)

And the 0-60 clock you're talking about it just a stopwatch... there's a stop watch in the neat little on-board computer thingy.
Old 09-28-2002, 02:58 PM   #27
minos
AF Newbie

Question Im thinkin of gettin...

ok, i was thinking about getting the touring model till i heard all these peepz say shiz about the bose system.

so, i was thinking of getting the performance model with all the accessories (from nissandriven.com) but i was wondering if you can get the brembo brake system (that the track model has) and if so how much would that be?
Also is there a difference between the track model and the performance model if you add the Areodynamics package to the performace? other then the brembo brakes?
minos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2002, 02:36 AM   #28
VroomGal
AF Newbie

I put my down payment on a Touring today.. I've heard so many people say horrible things about the bose system.. but I've been assured by a handful of people that it's nothing to worry about... I also heard some people (in this forum) say something about sending out a survey and saying that the system was horrible so they got a new amplifier for free?? I dunno...

You can get a brembo brake system from an aftermarket perfromance shop for sure, you'll pay about 3k for it I think... maybe ask your dealership what they can work out for you, I don't know what kind of rules they can bend...

another difference with the track model is that it comes with forged Rays.. they're really super light wheels.. good if you plan on seriously racing the thing.. plus they look pretty cool... but I can't think of any other differences in the trim levels
Old 10-01-2002, 05:39 PM   #29
Stangduo
AF Newbie

I will buy the 6 speed base model, with Navigation and side airbags. Then after the warrenty runs out I will put a turbo on it.

Love the booooooooost.
Stangduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2002, 07:48 PM   #30
350z4me
AF Newbie

daytona blue base. I'll save my money for mods
350z4me is offline   Reply With Quote