Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:57 PM   #106
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to pimprolla112 Send a message via MSN to pimprolla112
Re: 5 cars you hate the most

I was gonna say it says right on the site that it uses the CTR s/c engine, but then i looked up the us site and it does use the ecotec. Id still rather have the Honda engine.

And id love to see a gm i-4 factory block handle above 800hp. Im not saying they cant because ive been surprised before.

blackscorpion that would be a bad ass suv, i like the one they made for the salt flats for the top speed run i thought it looked awsome lowered and chopped. But thats just me.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
pimprolla112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #107
kevinthenerd
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimprolla112
I was gonna say it says right on the site that it uses the CTR s/c engine, but then i looked up the us site and it does use the ecotec. Id still rather have the Honda engine.

And id love to see a gm i-4 factory block handle above 800hp. Im not saying they cant because ive been surprised before.

blackscorpion that would be a bad ass suv, i like the one they made for the salt flats for the top speed run i thought it looked awsome lowered and chopped. But thats just me.
Find me a foreign block that can handle 800hp without severe modification (such as filling in the liner gaps and using shrink-fit sleeves and stuff like that). Any four-cylinder with that kind of power will typically break rather quickly, so it's almost a moot point to be talking about this for road cars. Sure, I've seen Toyota 3SGTE's handle that kind of power, but these aren't exactly daily drivers. It's often not even a quarter mile competition... it's to see who has the biggest dyno numbers. After 600 hp in the ECOTEC, for example, the stock lost-foam cast isn't good.

Here's that build book, just because I'm bored
http://www.gm.com/company/gmtunersou...build_book.htm

Sure, it's full of expensive GM parts, but if you have the dough here's how to convert it to ET.

kevinthenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:36 PM   #108
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

actually there is a drag car with a 1000hp ecotec in it.
the 3sgte can also get some insane numbers. the pikes peak rally celica has an 800hp 3sgte in it. mitsus 4g63 is also capable of around 800hp. as far as 4 cyls go, id put the ecotec, 3sgte, and 4g63 on the top of the heap.
Old 08-10-2006, 08:05 AM   #109
mason_RsX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to mason_RsX

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakscorpion21
i thought the ion red line used the ecotec just like the cobalt. i like the cobalt ss as well though. for a new car under 25k id get one.
ION Redline? I must have been smoking some really bad pot the day I said that...

Sorry guys..I meant the Saturn VUE Redline...That's the car with the Honda V6 engine

I had the VUE in my head when I was posting, but some some reason I called it the ION. Probably because when I was reading about the Honda V6 I heard it was to be in the VUE Redline (its also in the Vue basic V6)...

Ma bad

2002 Acura RSX Type-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiGNAL748
I have an outrageously large penis.
mason_RsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #110
kevinthenerd
AF Regular

Quote:
actually there is a drag car with a 1000hp ecotec in it.
the 3sgte can also get some insane numbers. the pikes peak rally celica has an 800hp 3sgte in it. mitsus 4g63 is also capable of around 800hp. as far as 4 cyls go, id put the ecotec, 3sgte, and 4g63 on the top of the heap.
The ECOTEC tops out around 1400 hp, but after all the modifications, is it really an ECOTEC by that point? I would argue "no." At that point, you're looking at a severely modified and prepped race block with almost no stock internals. One of the few things such a race engine has in common with the LSJ is the displacement.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:24 PM   #111
Yellow Horse
AF Newbie

[quote=98BlackTransAm]i saw a red z06 c6 yesterday and the plate said "YU $$ WISH""
i dont hate the car, but i hate the driver and for his sake hope it gets keyed.[/quote]

What are you some sort of a$$ H0!e.
Yellow Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #112
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

No do you have to be an ass hole to realize that someone has an ego problem. Its more or less the guy with the vette is the asshole. I want one that reads in big letters "FUCKOFF". And in MD i think its possible to get it done.

Don't ever look at cars as just imports or domestics. Just because a car is made in a certain country doesn't mean that it is anything like another car from that country. An example of this is Mitsubishi reliability, just because they are Japanese doesn't mean that they are as reliable as a Honda or Toyota.

Cardomain
Old 08-31-2006, 03:08 PM   #113
Yellow Horse
AF Newbie

Quote:
No do you have to be an ass hole to realize that someone has an ego problem. Its more or less the guy with the vette is the asshole. I want one that reads in big letters "FUCKOFF". And in MD i think its possible to get it done.
It doesn't matter if someone has an ego problem or not. It is someone elses property.

So if I think you are an A$$ for having an ego about your car, you wouldn't have a problem with me keying your car.

Nobody should key any car, you do not have the right to damage someone elses property.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #114
Yellow Horse
AF Newbie

Quote:
Also you better hope that no one it the Merchantville MD, zip code area 20659 gets keyed and if it says F'off you may have some explaining to do to the police.
Old 08-31-2006, 06:05 PM   #115
kevinthenerd
AF Regular

Quote:
People who flaunt their money are assholes, but the very worst kind are those who buy the car to show off the wealth. Personally, I'd take a Lotus Elise over a Corvette any day, and it's cheaper. Sure, the Z06 is a sweet car, but it's not my thing, really.

Old 08-31-2006, 06:07 PM   #116
kevinthenerd
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Horse
It doesn't matter if someone has an ego problem or not. It is someone elses property.

So if I think you are an A$$ for having an ego about your car, you wouldn't have a problem with me keying your car.

Nobody should key any car, you do not have the right to damage someone elses property.
It's one thing to think it, and it's another thing to actually do it. There's no harm in having a big smile on your face when some guy does your dirty work for you, right?

Old 09-02-2006, 12:43 AM   #117
MetalHeadZaid
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
as far as 4 cyls go, id put the ecotec, 3sgte, and 4g63 on the top of the heap.
sr20det/ve?

S13
Silvia Q's - R.I.P.
R32 GTST Type M Sedan - Sold
R32 GTST Type M Coupe - Sold
S14 Silvia K's - daily
R32 GTS4 - BETTER BE READY!!!
MetalHeadZaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 01:52 AM   #118
ford2go
AF Newbie

Hard to say -- but I do hate them. I don't hate the poor misguided people that own them -- I hate the manufacturers for giving us these lumps. And I hate looking at them

1. 57 chev -- I hated it in 57, and I still do
2. Early Toyotas -- lumpy and unbalanced
3. Almost any Citroen
4. Most early 60's mopars -- liked the Valiants
5. Pontiac Aztec -- maybe it should be no1 -- it's hard to rank these

For those who disliked the Mustangs -- I can't see it, but it's your
choice. I will say that in the last few years, FoMoCo has recreated and updated the original concept better than any others I've seen -- the mopar and Camaro efforts seem lame by comparison. They look like Mustangs - not
like some retro patches applied to what passes for styling these days.
So -- if you hated them earlier -- they're back

ford2go
ford2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:02 AM   #119
pimprolla112
AF Enthusiast

57 chevy is a classic, and IMO its one of the few sexy cars from the time era. As for mustangs i dont think its the cars its more or less the driver. And another side note the camaro and mustang have never even looked close to the same. But every one has there own opinion.

Cardomain
Old 10-10-2006, 11:59 AM   #120
blakscorpion21
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford2go
Hard to say -- but I do hate them. I don't hate the poor misguided people that own them -- I hate the manufacturers for giving us these lumps. And I hate looking at them

1. 57 chev -- I hated it in 57, and I still do
2. Early Toyotas -- lumpy and unbalanced
3. Almost any Citroen
4. Most early 60's mopars -- liked the Valiants
5. Pontiac Aztec -- maybe it should be no1 -- it's hard to rank these

For those who disliked the Mustangs -- I can't see it, but it's your
choice. I will say that in the last few years, FoMoCo has recreated and updated the original concept better than any others I've seen -- the mopar and Camaro efforts seem lame by comparison. They look like Mustangs - not
like some retro patches applied to what passes for styling these days.
So -- if you hated them earlier -- they're back

ford2go

dude, early toyotas are sweet, the 2000gt and 1st generation celica are awesome classics.

i dont dislike mustangs, i actually find them growing on me. most stang drivers suck though, they think their mustang is the greatest car on the road. especially v6 mustang owners, hell i could smoke them in my lowley 130hp celica, and thats in a drag race, not to mention how bad they would get murdered on some kind of circuit.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General