Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Mustang Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
matt73
AF Newbie

Blower motor switch

All of a sudden the med and high positions of the blower motor switch won't work, only low works. I didn't have the dash open or do anything to the car, just drove it. I heard there may be a relay that went bad, but don't know if that is the problem or if the switch is bad. Any ideas?
matt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:35 AM   #2
driver187
AF Newbie

Re: Blower motor switch

matt i have this same problem it throws low only on mine wont switch. Have u looked at the back of yours yet? I did on mine to find that it looks as if a wire shorted out and mealted some stuff. Im trying to figure mine out now what is wrong. If i get mine fixed i'll let ya know what i did I have 2 91 mustang 5.0 droptop's pretty much both identical except 1 has different rims, no hood scoop and no spoiler.
editing mine found out mine today the switch was shorting out when switch and the plastic that melted was covering 1 of the conectors inside the harness not allowin it to switch so i have to replace mine. yours might not be that but its worth lookin at

Last edited by driver187; 02-22-2006 at 08:52 AM.
driver187 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Mustang Problem Diagnosis