Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Montero/Shogun/Pajero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 07:48 PM   #1
usacanadiangirl
AF Newbie

Question Help me, 95 montero starving of fuel

Having some probs w/ my 95 montero ls - no mechanic can figure out the prob b/c it's intermittant, only happens about 1 time every 3-4 weeks. While driving truck will all of a sudden 'starve of fuel', i.e. begin to slow down b/c there's NO FUEL getting through. I lift up on my throttle and after 3-5 seconds, fuel will get through and truck will move, then, no fuel, then fuel, then no fuel, then fuel. Nothing else is affected by this, i.e. radio, lights, heat.

I get to my destination, turn off the engine and let it sit. Back in truck, will run perfectly for several weeks when it happens again during a drive.

It's never left me stranded (yet) and is driving perfectly otherwise. Had a friend hook me up to a codes machine, TPS came up. I replaced the TPS ($$$) and the next day, truck did it again. That was 2 weeks ago and since that day, it's driving fine. Does anyone have a similar problem or have any idea where I could start looking? No codes are coming up and I have decided to drive it until it does leave me on the side of the road - unless I can figure out what the prob might be.

(Am over 6 months pregnant and really don't want to be left on the side of the road if I can help it.)
usacanadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 03:12 PM   #2
mmsamma
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to mmsamma Send a message via Yahoo to mmsamma
Re: Help me, 95 montero starving of fuel

THE MONTERO USE A VARIABLE VOLTAGE FUEL PUMP 3 STAGE 1IDLE 2ACCEL 3CRUISE(WOT) IM A MITSU MASTER TECH 9YEARS UR PROB IS EITHER THE ECU,FAULTY PUMP,OR THE FUEL PUMP DRIVER UR BEST BET IS TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER AND BE SURE THE BEST GUY WORKS ON IT IF HE DOESNT KNOW HOW THE SYSTEM IS DESIGHNED HELL NEVER FIX IT AND KEEP STEALING UR CASH.IVE RAN INTO THIS PROB MANY TIMES AND THE PROB GOES ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE 1991.SO IF U FIND THE PERSON ULL SAVE ALOT OF TIME MOST TECHS HATE MITSU ONLY BECAUSE THEY DONT KNOW HOW THEY WORK OR Y THEY WORK.I LOVE EM 4 THAT REASON ILL ALWAYS HAVE A JOB AT THE DEALER good luck!
mmsamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2004, 05:44 PM   #3
usacanadiangirl
AF Newbie

It's been another 4 or so weeks it's been great and today it went back to the starving of fuel, then fuel, and then starving again. I went directly to a garage and they got code 14 saying it was the TPS again. I told him it showed that before and I JUST had a new TPS installed a little over a month ago. HE sd he kept erasing the code and doing it over again, kept getting that TPS code. He told me it probably was the computer b/c he checked the wires from the TPS and everything seemed to be good connections. HE also told me to go to the dealer - I hate to do that b/c they always seem to try to rip you off, especially since I'm a girl. But I guess I don't have a choice?

He also sd something about the closed throttle position sensor or switch that the computer is possibly not reading. ??????? Again a possible problem which you mentioned. Does that sound legit?

You sd a good mitsu mech can figure out the problem? I seem to be getting nickeled and dimed now and I'm tired of it.
usacanadiangirl is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Montero/Shogun/Pajero