Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Integra
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 01:56 PM   #1
Revhard
AF Enthusiast

Is an RSX type S worth the money?

I am currently looking for a new import, and I just happened to run across this "reborn integra" called an RSX, as you might already know, and I was wondering if the aftermarket would be abundant or not. Do you think that these can be modded hard enought to put out more than a Civic Si and/or maybe even an Integra Type R? Thanks in advance.
Revhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 01:59 PM   #2
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Re: Is an RSX type S worth the money?

Quote:
Originally posted by Revhard
I am currently looking for a new import, and I just happened to run across this "reborn integra" called an RSX, as you might already know, and I was wondering if the aftermarket would be abundant or not. Do you think that these can be modded hard enought to put out more than a Civic Si and/or maybe even an Integra Type R? Thanks in advance.
Yes and yes. And having test driven one, stick, I will say you can smoke those cars without the mods right now. The aftermarket will be abundant for it. It's relatively a new model, so it takes some time to build it up. But it will be there. I've already seen a few products showing up.
Old 12-04-2001, 02:52 PM   #3
LiuBei
AF Regular

I test drove one for about an hour. Being a 01 Civic owner I noticed many similarities. The one thing I really dislike about the RSX is that it rides like shit. Unless you are on a smooth, paved road the ride just sucks. I know the suspension is for performance but you can feel every imperfection in the road. Other than that it is a damn good car. I almost regret buying my Civic. If I were to buy one I would go and find a way to make the ride a little better without killing the performance aspect.
Old 12-04-2001, 06:23 PM   #4
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
There is plenty of parts out and there will be even more. Greddy has a Turbo Prototype ready for Type S owner that would push hp to 300. However stock vs stock you will not beat an Integra Type R.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2001, 06:25 PM   #5
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by LiuBei
I test drove one for about an hour. Being a 01 Civic owner I noticed many similarities. The one thing I really dislike about the RSX is that it rides like shit. Unless you are on a smooth, paved road the ride just sucks. I know the suspension is for performance but you can feel every imperfection in the road. Other than that it is a damn good car. I almost regret buying my Civic. If I were to buy one I would go and find a way to make the ride a little better without killing the performance aspect.
2001 Civic have a soft cushion suspension. That's why Honda added sportier springs and shocks with bigger anti roll bar onto 2002 models.

I found the ride in RSX rather soft as well. Try sitting in my S2000 and you will feel every single bump there is on the road.
Old 12-04-2001, 07:19 PM   #6
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
The S2000 is like a Viper - every nook in the road can be felt, but its got great handling. Only its tires aren't nearly as wide so you dont get it following the grooves as badly. At least thats my feel after an extended test drive. I didn't plan on the car, but after test driving the Accord I figured what the heck, let me take that little sucker out for a spin.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 12-04-2001, 08:18 PM   #7
LiuBei
AF Regular

I don't know maybee I'm just a softie. I think it was just because I've been driving that Civic for a while. Just saying It was a little stiff for my taste. I like nice, soft, gushy stuff
Old 12-05-2001, 03:54 PM   #8
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by YogsVR4
The S2000 is like a Viper - every nook in the road can be felt, but its got great handling. Only its tires aren't nearly as wide so you dont get it following the grooves as badly. At least thats my feel after an extended test drive. I didn't plan on the car, but after test driving the Accord I figured what the heck, let me take that little sucker out for a spin.
It says 205/55/16 and 225/50/16 but it's actually more like 205/55/16 and 245/50/16. S2000 owners that have taken the S02 off and measure found it's bigger than other brand model's 225.
Old 12-06-2001, 04:58 PM   #9
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Is an RSX type S worth the money?

Quote:
Originally posted by F20C

However stock vs stock you will not beat an Integra Type R.
I dont know.....it seems WAY too close to call on that one.
Old 12-07-2001, 10:36 PM   #10
madtownhonda
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to madtownhonda
how you like this my friends

madtownhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 02:37 AM   #11
F20C
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Is an RSX type S worth the money?

Quote:
Originally posted by moe182

I dont know.....it seems WAY too close to call on that one.
All the power to weight and torque to weight ratio favors ITR. Only problems is earlier models have considerable amount less weight than late models.
Old 01-11-2002, 08:39 PM   #12
DaMnHesFaSt
AF Newbie

Quote:
The RsX is still a little new to the aftermarket world but trust me thier will be all kind of mods for this car. There are few now and the list will get bigger. As far as your ?'s an "Si" please! Not a chance on the RsX and I speak from experience I had one. Now the Type R that's a question that still remain's. In my opinion it will come down to the driver. However in the 1/4 mile the type r will probably get the better time. The RsX is fast but the Type r is an animal but the RsX-R will be a beast. "Is the RsX worth buying?" Hell Yes!!!! Unless you want to wait for the RsX R
My 2 cents
DaMnHesFaSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 02:02 PM   #13
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Is an RSX type S worth the money?

Quote:
Originally posted by F20C

However stock vs stock you will not beat an Integra Type R.
i think the RSX Type-S could take an integra type-R... they're pretty even, with everything

I think the RSX is a great deal, there are so many standard features, like leather, indash 6 CD player with the boss soundsystem
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2002, 12:06 AM   #14
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Id go with the RSX (yea i know im biased) but this power plant is going to be something else....its going to be the replacement to the B series engines on the street scene. Ok i dont know if you guys have seen the Concept-R but thats suposedly cranking close to 500 hp, and the Greddy turbo is also supposed to be in the 300's hp.....Dump the old, and get with the new
Old 01-16-2002, 05:12 AM   #15
aLLmOtOr
AF Newbie

Oh hell yea, I be pimpin hella hoes.:licker:
aLLmOtOr is offline   Reply With Quote