Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe Includes the VQ35DE, VQ37VHR - Z33 and Z34.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 03:22 PM   #31
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Re: 350z Sucks!

The Saleen S281E is over $61,000.

I'm not going to write a huge thing right now. I'll do that later tonight. I'm going to keep it short because I'm going to my girlfriend's. I hope to get another guy from the message board to join this arguement. He is the guy with the TT 350Z that I was telling you about. I was just talking to him on AIM about his car. He's running 12.17 in the 1/4. That beats the Cobra's 12.8 (www.jbcarpages.com) by more then a little as well as best 1/4 mile time out of the entire Saleen line (12.5 by the Saleen Extremem Coupe. Info from the Saleen web page. www.saleen.com). There ya go. Stock, I beat the holy shit out of your stock V6, kicked your stock V8's ass. Then I put on the TT and even made a mess of your best Cobra and Saleen....with just a TTV6. You don't stand a chance. I'll send him the link to this thread when I talk to him again so he can post too. I'll finish this later, but until then, suck on this:

Supercharged SMZ 350Z specs released: At least 354 horsepower at the wheels on just 5.7 psi of boost. That's less boost then the Cobra's 8 psi. With the intercooler, I can up the boost even more to 8 or 9 psi giving me near 500hp at the wheels.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-28-2003, 04:18 PM   #32
svtcobra007x

I have always loved Mustangs because there is just something about them. You like the Z because there is something unique about it that makes you want to drive it all the time. Whatever the stats are who cares, they are both fast cars that accelerate at a rate that should satisfy the consumers. The reason I was arguing because I didnt want the Mustang to be given a bad name because it doesnt deserve that. Lets at least discuss this in a non criticizing way.

I just read your last post. What about the Saleen SR? http://www.saleen.com/auto/SR/srperformance.html
11.8 seconds 1/4 mile
I think that competes with the TT 350Z. Be careful when you say entire Saleen line...that could include the S7....
And what about the Rousche and the Steeda?

Old 10-29-2003, 12:01 AM   #33
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtcobra007x
I just read your last post. What about the Saleen SR? http://www.saleen.com/auto/SR/srperformance.html
11.8 seconds 1/4 mile
I think that competes with the TT 350Z. Be careful when you say entire Saleen line...that could include the S7....
And what about the Rousche and the Steeda?
I wasn't including the SR and S7 because those, more so in the S7's case then the SR's case, waved bye bye to the mustang loooooong ago. Point being, they don't really even qualify as mustangs anymore and are in a COMPLETELY different class. Those are cars that we will probably never even see, no ever be able to afford. Damn SR is almost $160,000 and the S7 is near $400,000 and no where even near a mustang. How you can compare those to a ~$30,000 Z is completely beyond me. You clearly don't understand the "apples to apples" saying when it comes to camparing cars. If you're going to compare a Z to the S7, then you might as well compare the Porsche 993 to the new Camaro while you're at it. However...despite the S7's insane price and class, it uses the same coil on plug type of ignition system as the Z.

As for the Rouche (no "s") and Steeda shit goes......I couldn't find a damn thing as far as specs go for either of them, especially Rouche.

The thing that really annoys me is how everyone thinks that the mustang is the greatest car ever. The cars are so bland, low tech, low quality, and over rated that it makes me want to shoot something. The V6 can't hold it's own against a stock Civic, I could keep up with the GT in my stock, 20 year old, normally aspirated V6 300ZX. The mustang can't even hold a candle to the Z's of past or present with multiple advantages. They are incredibly inferior cars in every way.

I love the Z because it is a high tech (every trim comes stock with carbon fiber drive shaft, 6 speed trans, automatic climate control, electronic brakeforce distribution, coil on plug ignition, drive by wire throttle, etc), affordably priced, comfortable, economical (certified low emissions vehicle), practical (you can comfortably drive it every day), amazing performer with phenomenal potential. The only thing that the mustang has going for it is that they're cheap....and you get what you pay for.

Dollar for dollar, the Z will always completely dominate the mustang.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
Old 10-29-2003, 02:17 PM   #34
svtcobra007x

If you want my opinion I think the Nissan is great in some aspects while the Mustang is not. But the Mustang is also great in some aspects while the Z is not. I dont want to go technical because this could lead to long term arguments. Ill say one technicality about each of them that the other one doesnt have. The Mustangs do tend to be unreliable cars when it comes to breaking down(especially the older models like the late 80's, early 90's. The Z's problem is that the room inside the car is extremely small that vacations are out of the question.

They are changing the Mustang model, so maybe your thinking of low tech, overrated, low quality, and bland will change. http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/concept/s197/#quarter
The SR is definitely hard to tell if its Mustang, but the body and especially the rear, look the same. The S7 is basically Saleens stand alone model.

Come one man get that sig line out of your posts. Its actually quite offensive that you put my name on each one of your posts when I didn't say what you thought I said. I just didnt word it right. I would never want to report you for that so lets keep it cool.

Old 10-30-2003, 12:23 AM   #35
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

I don't know if you've ever been in a Z (or ANY sports car by the way you're talking), but it's actually veeeeeeeery comfortable. Soft seats with enought support to keep you where you want to be (the driver's seat is actually different than the passenger's) without being too hard. I could easily drive one a long distance and not change my feelings for the car afterwords. Not to mention the automatic climate control that all trims get, the Navigation system and Bose 6-disk in dash cd player with 6 speakers and a sub that's available. You have plenty of room to move, but not so much so that you don't feel like you're not a part of the car.

I've seen the new mustangs. They look alright. I like the throw back to the old school mustangs.

As far as my sig goes.....HA.....that's why you read your posts before hitting the button. I'm willing to bet you meant it until I called you on it. Either way....I'm not a mean guy....I'll make ya a deal...I'll take ya out, but you gotta work for it...you have to find me 3 pics of completely totaled mustangs and put them in a post. Then you're out.

Thought of something else you could do...tell me how old you are....That miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight get you out................

Do both and I might even apolgize..........

Old 10-30-2003, 12:43 AM   #36
hehcarsheh
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to hehcarsheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by longlivetheZ
I don't know if you've ever been in a Z (or ANY sports car by the way you're talking), but it's actually veeeeeeeery comfortable. Soft seats with enought support to keep you where you want to be (the driver's seat is actually different than the passenger's) without being too hard. I could easily drive one a long distance and not change my feelings for the car afterwords. Not to mention the automatic climate control that all trims get, the Navigation system and Bose 6-disk in dash cd player with 6 speakers and a sub that's available. You have plenty of room to move, but not so much so that you don't feel like you're not a part of the car.

I've seen the new mustangs. They look alright. I like the throw back to the old school mustangs.

As far as my sig goes.....HA.....that's why you read your posts before hitting the button. I'm willing to bet you meant it until I called you on it. Either way....I'm not a mean guy....I'll make ya a deal...I'll take ya out, but you gotta work for it...you have to find me 3 pics of completely totaled mustangs and put them in a post. Then you're out.

Thought of something else you could do...tell me how old you are....That miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight get you out................

Do both and I might even apolgize..........
who says 350z's suck?
Old 10-30-2003, 12:59 AM   #37
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Swizeet.....Cizolin in da hizoooooous, beotch.......or something.......I'm white......

Old 10-30-2003, 04:25 PM   #38
Sam I am
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Your arguments really don't make sense because why the hell would someone want to do 40mph around a turn. No one gives a shit about the turning unless your a speed demon asshole or a racer.
What the Sam Diddly Hell was that?!?!? Am I seeing straight?
Old 10-30-2003, 04:48 PM   #39
svtcobra007x

Last edited by svtcobra007x; 11-01-2003 at 01:16 PM.

Old 10-30-2003, 04:49 PM   #40
svtcobra007x

Hey man I have rode in sports cars, one of them being a BMW 330 Xi and my car is a 1989 Mustang GT Convertible(black top, red body, and silver ground effects), so I do have experience with sports cars. The Fox bodies didnt have as much horses as the new ones do because they start at like 225. But with the new headers that were put into my car, it bumps it up to around 240 horses.

Sorry man i couldnt find any totaled Mustangs..........just arent enough out there. I dont have to tell you my exact age but Ill tell you that its between 17-20.

Old 10-30-2003, 04:54 PM   #41
svtcobra007x

Dont worry your seeing straight, I worded it wrong, I didnt mean those kinds of turns, I meant like turning 40 mph on a turn into a neighborhood. He just doesnt get it.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:08 PM   #42
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino

Quote:
Hey man I have rode in sports cars, one of them being a BMW 330 Xi and my car is a 1989 Mustang GT Convertible(black top, red body, and silver ground effects), so I do have experience with sports cars. The Fox bodies didnt have as much horses as the new ones do because they start at like 225. But with the new headers that were put into my car, it bumps it up to around 240 horses.

Sorry man i couldnt find any totaled Mustangs..........just arent enough out there. I dont have to tell you my exact age but Ill tell you that its between 17-20.
sorry to but in here but riding in a sporty sedan as the 330Xi or even riding in a Mclaren F1 does not give you experience with sports cars....

working and doing reseaching on a sports car gives you technical experience

racing a sports car gives you driving experience

so either start working on your car or go to autocross competition and after you have enough experience try club racing

and the reason i have very little respect for most mustangs and their drivers is because all they care is how much power and torque they do....

the ones i do respect are the ones that actualy care about handling....i have a friend with a 5.0 that spend something like 10K just on handling and he has yet to touch the engine....how many ( much more powerful mustangs/other cars) do you think can keep up with him on a twisty road...very few....he just recently spanked a much more powerful vr4 on a canyon road....just trough skills and superior handling

the problem with mustangs is that they come with so-so handling stock(at best)...but they do have some huge aftermarket suport to make up for that...unfortunatelly most people send their money only on power upgrades

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Old 10-30-2003, 11:20 PM   #43
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Come on, man. You didn't even try. I found a whole PAGE dedicated to car accident pics. Found one mustang on there.

http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/a...y/12-5-01.html

I've seen the new mustang already, read artical after artical about it, almost to the point of annoyance.

Now THIS is a cobra...not a damn mustang with a little snake emblem on it...

Had a highly modded mustang get on the freeway behind me today. That car wasn't too bad...'bout damn time I see a unique mustang. It was waaaaaaaaaaaay lowered, cowl hood (bleh), convertable with the arch thing. It looked pretty cool.

Let's play a game...you lost the last one, so we'll try another one. I'm hopin your cool and aren't gunna go rat on me like a little girl. This is a contest. We have to hunt around on the net for cars and parts and see who can put the faster car together using less money. You can use any sites you want, but you must put them in here as a referance (show where you found the car you "bought", what site you "bought" the blah blah blah off of, etc). We both must start with a stock, plane jane (mine only comes one way, you have to use either the V6...yea right....or the GT) car and go look for mods for it. You put together a car that is reasonably agreed will beat mine, and I'll take you out. If we can't reach an agreement, we start 2 new threads for judging...one in the mustang forum, one in the Z forum. This will be fun.

Old 10-31-2003, 12:27 AM   #44
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

This one would be daaaaaaaamn fast, but that would take the fun out of it.

What's I'd make:

Car: 1990 300ZX twin turbo. $16,000

Mods: "Purchased" with stage III mods (using SGP's staging chart, Stage III is Intake and underdrive pully, Chip, and SGP test pipe {replaces the catalytic converters} netting you approx 385-400hp). The seller said stage III, so we're just going to assume that that's what's on the car for the sake of argument. Now....let's see....I'm just going to go aaaaaaaall out and not worry about how much money it cost for now....not until you show me what you did....then I can adjust as necessary.

Stage IV is cat back exhaust. $1,149. 400-415 hp.
Stage V is boost controller. Top of the line. $544 420-435 hp.
Stage VI is NOS. Doesn't have a price.. 490-505 hp.
Stage VII is upgraded intercooler and radiator. $1,045 and $565. 495-510 hp.
Stage VIII is Twin POP charger. Another term for intake, just a diff kind. Already on when car was "purchased".
Stage IX is Ported Trottle Bodies/Matched Intake. However much that costs...I don't know...I'd have to call them. I'll be generous and say $500. I wouldn't think it would be more then that.
Stage X is 555 / 740 / 850cc Injector Upgrade. I'd go with the 850cc injectors so I don't have to worry about falling short. Damned $1,000. 530-545 hp.
I have some options as far as where I go from here. I'm going all out. I'm going to do a cam upgrade, $1,000, a rebuilt head, $325, and I'm going to get the moster daddy turbo upgrade, $2,500. Over 800 horsepower at the rear wheels.

Grand total: $24,628
I made a car with over 800 horsepower at the rear wheels for nearly half the cost of a new Cobra. Those are all horsepower mods, though. I'd still have to get a new clutch to handle that power, new brakes, do some suspention work, etc....I wouldn't stop there. I could make it into the perfect car in every way for $30,000 or less.

Oh yea...check this out. Low 10 second daily driver.

Old 11-01-2003, 01:28 PM   #45
svtcobra007x

Can the car be any year?

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan 350Z/370Z | Infiniti G35/G37 Coupe