Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-26-2001, 05:54 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Post NISMO is coming to the US.

Nissan to Sell NISMO High-Performance Parts For Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Beginning in Fall 2002
LAS VEGAS, (October 31, 2001) - Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today announced it will produce and market NISMO high-performance aftermarket parts for Nissan and Infiniti vehicles in the U.S. market. NISMO parts, which will be available next fall, cater to Nissan enthusiasts and will offer a factory warranty.

"We're excited to be joining one of the fastest growing niches in the specialty automotive equipment industry," said Jed Connell, senior vice president, Sales and Marketing. "NISMO has nearly 20 years of experience developing and producing high-performance parts and accessories and shares Nissan and Infiniti's uncompromising commitment to quality."

Increasing popularity in manufacturer-backed performance parts and the requests of Nissan and Infiniti enthusiasts led the way for NISMO to enter into the U.S. market. NISMO originated in Japan in 1984 and has established itself as the premiere supplier of high-performance aftermarket parts and accessories for Nissan vehicles in Japan.

"The name NISMO stands for NISsan MOtorsports - a fitting name since NISMO parts will offer cutting-edge performance," said Connelly.

NISMO branded parts will cover three areas - NISMO Performance Parts, designed for Nissan vehicles; Infiniti R-Spec performance parts designed for Infiniti vehicles; and NISMO racing parts designed for off-road/race-track use. NISMO also will offer performance parts for current and previous model Nissan and Infiniti vehicles, including the Sentra SE-R and the forthcoming Infinti G35 and Nissan 350Z.

In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissandriven.com and www.infiniti.com.
Old 11-27-2001, 03:20 PM   #2
Pharty012
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Pharty012
oh HELL YEAH!!!! i hope they come out with a turbo charger for the sentra and help boost it up to 300 plus horses!!!! OH YEAH!!! hahahahahahahahaha well it's good to see more nissan stuff
Pharty012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 09:41 AM   #3
Sentra Styling
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sentra Styling
I know I've been on top of this since the word broke out and eagerly anticipating the arrival of Nismo.....I hope They plan to help us out in the Sentra community )
All SR20DE powered...
Sentra Styling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2001, 01:53 PM   #4
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
A prudent move, since Toyota already offers TRD parts, and Subaru is importing the STi parts. Paying attention Honda?
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 04:12 AM   #5
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Honda pushes their "dealer option parts" so much that, it's a wonder why they don't just make genuine performance parts (not polyurethane bodykits and OEM foglights). It would have been smart to run a campaign like this when Mugen stopped making engines in Formula One, to be replaced by Honda.

TRD = Supercharged Siennas. Hahaha...
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 03:07 PM   #6
Jay!
Horizontally Opposed

Send a message via AIM to Jay! Send a message via Yahoo to Jay!
The last time I was in a Honda parts dept., they had APC crap behind the counter. :apuke:
Jay! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 12:28 AM   #7
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Maybe they don't feel that they need to step into this area, since the aftermarket's main support in North America is for Honda cars already--it might be too competetive for them, especially since a lot of the parts are available cheap already. Plus, I think the Honda dealers aren't as enforcing about warrantee issues as other automakers, but that's just from what I've seen.
Old 11-30-2001, 12:48 AM   #8
CHRIS200T
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to CHRIS200T Send a message via Yahoo to CHRIS200T
Quote:
Originally posted by Pharty012
oh HELL YEAH!!!! i hope they come out with a turbo charger for the sentra and help boost it up to 300 plus horses!!!! OH YEAH!!! hahahahahahahahaha well it's good to see more nissan stuff
Why wait for nismo. Other people like FMAX make turbo kits for Sentras right now
92 Sentra SE-R Almost stock
-
91 NX2000 SR20VE VVL Powered 177WHP almost stock (Girlfriends Car)
CHRIS200T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2001, 01:36 AM   #9
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by CHRIS200T

Why wait for nismo. Other people like FMAX make turbo kits for Sentras right now
Yeah, and most of them have CARB certification too. The only thing you don't get is the warrantee satisfaction, but I don't think Nismo will make turbos for their factory cars anyway. Too much potential risk for premature engine wear (unless it's a low psi supercharger like TRD's). Plus, some of the aftermarket turbos come with warrantees for the kits, another plus for the aftermarket. But Nismo should still provide many useful extras.
Old 12-05-2001, 06:52 PM   #10
SledgehammerVette
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to SledgehammerVette Send a message via Yahoo to SledgehammerVette
I find it interesting in Japan, Mugen has it's own dealership.

It's about time Nismo starts selling North America some of their hot parts. I would like to see some parts for the Maxima, though.

4DRSpeed.com Is Here!
SledgehammerVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 07:36 PM   #11
Strike888
AF Newbie

hmm
this is great!
but will nismo bring over some aftermarket silvia parts for the 240SX?
Strike888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 06:00 AM   #12
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

NISMO will definately provide backwards-support for older Nissans (i.e. older SE-Rs), and this should include 240SXs, as well. However, most people who have 240s don't have SR20DETs. From that perspective, NISMO would feel that a greater profit could be achieved by developing/porting parts for other aspects of the car, such as suspension. But there should be some support for the KA, but turbo-SR parts for the 240 seem highly unlikely. Oh well, just hope that Motorex speeds things up with their SR20DET plans. They should also deal upgrades for the SR once they finally do (and the prices should be comparable to the high Nissan/NISMO dealer mark-ups).
Old 12-08-2001, 01:05 PM   #13
Strike888
AF Newbie

hmm
i really hope moterex does speed things up
how much do u think we'll be lookin at for a SR20DET swap?
Strike888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 05:24 PM   #14
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Still no information on their website, and no further announcements in any publication (that I've seen, at least). It's still probably being developed right now, and I'd think the pricing would be anywhere from $5000-7000, at most. The need another product, something for the masses since most cannot afford a $30,000-95,000 GT-R, and the SR is it. All I can say is keep your eyes and ears peeled for more information.
Old 12-19-2001, 11:17 AM   #15
dorifkin
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dorifkin Send a message via Yahoo to dorifkin
Quote:
Originally posted by SledgehammerVette
[b]I find it interesting in Japan, Mugen has it's own dealership.
I've seen used car dealerships in Japan that offer only modified cars!
On the windshield they'll write things in marker like 'LSD, Greedy Turbo,...etc', it's pretty badass. Too bad living is so high in Japan (since I'd have to start fresh and all) or I'd already be there.:smoker2:
Maybe I could finish school over there.....

As for the real subject of matter, the Nismo announcement is great. They could offer a supercharger kit for the sr so that it'll cover a wide range of cars at once, sort of like TRD. Things like real exhaust's and body kits would be real nice. How about Nismo helping Motorex with the sr conversion their doing, that would top everything.