Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Corvette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Corvette
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-17-2002, 11:48 AM   #1
MightyMach
AF Newbie

Student Writing a speach on the 2003 ZO6 and the 2003 Cobra

It is suppose to be a sersuassive speach, so I am going to try and persuade the class to buy the snake over the Vetter.

I will need 3 main points, but can only think of 2 right now in favor of the Cobra. They will be:

1.) Price/Cost
2.) Performance
3.) ???????????

I was thinking maybe an easier way to achieve even more performance by adjusting the boost with a new pulley....but that is only ONE UPGRADE] and I should really have about three things to fall under it. However, I suppose that can go under performance. Maybe the idea of a 4 seater will be a better main point?

Any help is appreciated!! In fact, if anyone here would rather have the ZO6 tell me why. I need to know both sides of the argument in order to speak my point easier. I will also find a Vette forum and ask the same basic questions... Also, if anyone has ANY sites available to me, please post for me!

Thanks a lot!

Jeff Given

Jeff Given
Sacramento State, Home Town Corona, CA
MightyMach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 01:33 PM   #2
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

I dunno your kind of setting yourself up for a very difficult essay. I'd hate to change your topic around but I think a much easier essay would be something such as

"They don't make them like they used to"
60's cars vs Today's cars, which is better and why. With that you could talk about efficiency, safety, power/handling, and build quality.

Or you could go with a really typical arguement that pops up on any automotive forum. Imports Vs Domestics, which is better and why.
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 04:19 PM   #3
vortech
AF Enthusiast

you could argue

that the 03 Cobra is a great base car because of the potential power and decent suspension. You are going to have to pump in about I'd say $10-$15K in suspension and chassis components (these numbers include labor by the shops). For example a must is a rebuild of the rearend (just the axle, more heavy duty differential) then lowering the car---maybe using coilovers. Definite removal of the stock k-member---putting in an aftermarket one by maximum motorsports or keeny brown---then new control arms, bump steer kit----definetely new headers, x-pipe, Fr500 exhausr---and of course swapping the 3.55 gears for the 4:10. Chassis-----Kenny Brown subframes, 4 point braces (weld ins), Matrix brace----Inaddition Blower mods----lighter pulley for 15psi boost, K&N air filter, aftermarket MAF, custom superchip--then you should have an interesting essay to write.

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
vortech is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD