Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 08:00 AM   #1
OldCivic95
AF Newbie

Question Ford Escape (2018) Drain/Fill Transmission Fluid (Question)

I have a 2018 Escape AWD turbo and I am debating if I should simply drain and fill my tranny fluid with the same amount that drains out instead of going through the complication of using the overfill bolt on the side of the fluid box. The SUV has about 31k miles. I hear simply draining and filling with the same amount is easy and you can do this back to back a few time over the course of a week or so to completely refresh the fluid. The drain bolt is on the bottom (of course) and the fill area is on the top of the engine, deep down and requires a thin funnel. But, that seems logical, right? I can do this, but dealing with draining, running the engine, watching the side overfill bolt area, trying to reach all that, removing the left-front wheel, etc... is not something I want to do if it's not really necessary ya know?

Thoughts?
OldCivic95 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
escape , fluid , ford , transmission
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid