Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #76
screwballl
AF Newbie

Re: 1990 Suburban won't start

I had this same issue on my 91 R2500 with 454
I also replaced the intank fuel pump first... then had a Chevy tech tell me it was likely one of 2 things
1) Distributor module (also had a new one that was bad from the beginning)
2) fuel pump wiring harness in the tank itself

since I had the tank dropped I replaced the wiring harness which did not fix it... as soon as I replaced the distributor module a second time with proper heatsink paste underneath it it worked perfectly... no problems since

hope this may help some
screwballl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 05:33 PM   #77
higeye
AF Newbie

Re: 1990 GMC Suburban 2500 7.4L 2W Drive wont start!

It was running fine 3 days ago! I went to start it yesterday and it just kept cranking! I didn't hear the fuel pump going so I installed a new pump relay. After not hearing the pump run, I installed a new pump & sock/filter. I also installed a new fuel filter. Now I hear the pump running but It still would not start! I checked the TBI nozzles and they were pulsing fuel when cranking. I checked for spark on #1 spark plug and it has good spark. I checked distributor cap & rotor-They both look good! While I was at it I replaced the ignition module also. I'm getting fuel sprayed at the TBI nozzles and good spark, but, won't hit a lick! ANY IDEAS???

A little history: 203,000 miles on the 454 now. I replaced timing chain 2 years ago with Cloyes true roller chain and sprockets set. Did a valve job and installed new cap & rotor with new spark plugs & wires at the same time. It has run better than I can remember than when it was new-Until NOW!
higeye is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Suburban