Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
4g63rice
AF Regular

1jz or rb25det??

I was just about to sum up all my research on the rb25det swap in my s13 untill I came upon the 1/2jz swaps. I read somewhere that the 2jz is gonna cost about 9k's to do the swap (that's out of my league). So which swap should I do, the 1jz or the rb25det??? I want everyone's opinion on this.
4g63rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
slideways...
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1jz or rb25det??

does it matter? the engines are similar. pick what you want. I myself am partial to the turbo S50 swap.

Rice Police #1. dont argue with me just because you are a riceboy and/or have sand in your vagina. i am superior. and i am smarter than you. end of story.
slideways... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
Titanoh
AF Newbie

I would choose an RB25, but if your set on swaping then just go SR20. Easier to install, less compliacations, and somewhat cheaper. Despite the fact that every 240 owner has a SR20, most of them don't really know what to do with it. Go KAT
Titanoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 01:35 AM   #4
R32GTRLegend
AF Newbie

imo, the rb25det would b a better choice, the fact that there are mounting kits that are premade for the car make it simple 2 swap in, but youll have 2 have a shop cutom fab the ka24 harness 2 work with the rb25 harness......thats why it would b easyer 2 choose the rb25, and not the 1jz...
sr20 r good, but the rb25 is a stronger motoer in some cases, the sr20det sometimes has the problem wit the rocker-arms....but other than that, there a huge amount of aftermarket support for the sr20, as for the rb25, theres isnt a vast amount.......
my favorite still is turboing the ka24de motor, becus its got wayyyy more torque, compared 2 sr20, meaning faster spool up of turbo etc etc.....
well thats my opinion, hope its help point you in the direction u want....
R32GTRLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #5
4g63rice
AF Regular

the thing about the rb25 is tat there isn't alot of aftermarket support for it. I'm pretty sure the 1jz has alot more than the rb. I'm starting to look more into the 2jz's now because, damn, i've seen those things on youtube and they kick ass.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
R32GTRLegend
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g63rice
the thing about the rb25 is tat there isn't alot of aftermarket support for it. I'm pretty sure the 1jz has alot more than the rb. I'm starting to look more into the 2jz's now because, damn, i've seen those things on youtube and they kick ass.
yes you are right, and 2jz s13's awesome, but if your willing 2 do that, why not jump 4 a rb26dett, skyline gtr swap, theres enough aftermarket parts 2 make the car a rocket...plus, u got godzilla under tha hood

1985 Toyota Celica GT - motor swap in progress
1991 Lexus ES250 - V.I.P DD
"i live in the present, and dont look back at the past, i look toward the future to better things.....and i love working on my cars" - Jonny Nguyen
Old 08-14-2008, 02:26 PM   #7
4g63rice
AF Regular

Rb26dett,Would that swap cost about as much as the 2jz swap??? Is there
a kit that will help ease the installtion of the rb26?

PS. by the way i look at your profile thingy and my bro has a 1985 celica too. his is a convertiable gts
Old 08-15-2008, 02:52 AM   #8
R32GTRLegend
AF Newbie

Quote:
Rb26dett,Would that swap cost about as much as the 2jz swap??? Is there
a kit that will help ease the installtion of the rb26?

PS. by the way i look at your profile thingy and my bro has a 1985 celica too. his is a convertiable gts
haha, my bro had a 85 gts once, he drove it all the way from san jose 2 l.a without the oil and water cap on (he forgot, dumb), and fried the block, my parents had just had the car rebuilt and did that afterward a while from then......anyways..

the rb26, from the r32 is somtimes cheaper, cuz most 2jz are from the later 90s and cost a little more....

yea, there are kit, and different shop i know of the do the professional swap of rbs into s13 and s14

sr20 store it does rb26 swap into s13 and s14
http://sr20store.com/service/service.htm
they use a syko performance mounting kit, down pipe and driveshaft, and make it look like the rb26 belongs there and they do the wiring service...everything else still matches up, like stock, exhaust ect....

but if you wanna spring for yourself, mckinney motorsports has there mounting kits, down pipes, and driveshafts, that are for dyi rb26 swaps into s13's, but youll need 2 get a rb25 transmission and modify the stock rb26 oilpan 2 fit, the have a lot of stuff to make the swap easy, like custom intercooler kit for rb s13s and alot of other stuff ect....look around and youll find a lot of stuff, heres a link

http://www.mckinneymotorsports.com/products

hope this helps u

"i live in the present, and dont look back at the past, i look toward the future to better things.....and i love working on my cars" - Jonny Nguyen
Old 08-15-2008, 10:07 AM   #9
4g63rice
AF Regular

wow that's cool thanks alot for the info. that's gonna help me out alot.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #10
R32GTRLegend
AF Newbie

Quote:
wow that's cool thanks alot for the info. that's gonna help me out alot.
haha, no prob, im just here 2 go around and help ppl

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240SX | Silvia | 200SX(RWD) | Gazelle | 180SX