Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Audi > TT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 08:37 PM   #1
Blue Batmobile
AF Newbie

Considering a TT, need your help.

I've always loved the TT, but the 30,000 price tag was too much for me. 2 years after its release I can finally afford one. A used one that is. I've seen them selling in at under 20,000 with about 50,000 miles on them. Worth it? Has anyone had any reliabilty issues with their TT? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bat™

VIEW CUSTOM OVERLAY KITS HERE:BLUEBATMOBILE.COM

Blue Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 01:58 PM   #2
quattroadvantage
AF Newbie

Re: Considering a TT, need your help.

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Batmobile
I've always loved the TT, but the 30,000 price tag was too much for me. 2 years after its release I can finally afford one. A used one that is. I've seen them selling in at under 20,000 with about 50,000 miles on them. Worth it? Has anyone had any reliabilty issues with their TT? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Bat™
No real reliability issues, except for the current coilpack problem that is plaguing VW/Audi on certian model year coil packs, but they are replacing them all. Other then that the car is fun and well built. If you look for minor nit picky items though you will find it...squek here or there.
quattroadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2003, 02:04 PM   #3
DMC12
DeLorean Guy

I presume you've test-driven a few by now. If that is the case, then read up on the TT's aerodynamics & fixes for high-speed stability.

The TT is a beautiful car, a real looker :smoker2:
Old 02-06-2003, 04:59 PM   #4
Swoxy
AF Enthusiast

Yep, make sure that it's fitted with the revised spoiler, suspension and I think ESP to ensure it's safe for high speed driving. Let us know if you get one!
Old 02-06-2003, 06:00 PM   #5
quattroadvantage
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Swoxy
Yep, make sure that it's fitted with the revised spoiler, suspension and I think ESP to ensure it's safe for high speed driving. Let us know if you get one!
The high speed issue witht eh TT was not truly an issue. The spoiler and ESP that Audi added to the car was a preventative action to combat the idiots who were driving 160 on the autobahn, zigzaging doing high speed lane changes and changes in directional motion, which caused the vehicle to become unstable, like most anyother vehicle, and loss controll. Many of the Original TTs that were sold in the USA do not have the spoiler and ESP as the owners elcted not to have them placed on by Audi, as they knew they would not be going 160mph on Interstate 80.
quattroadvantage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 06:02 PM   #6
Swoxy
AF Enthusiast

OK, thanks for clearing that up. I have also heard of problems with cars fitted with early versions of the RS4 wheels (pictured) as there was a high risk of them buckling.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (61.4 KB, 96 views)
Old 05-08-2004, 11:45 PM   #7
ttspeed
AF Newbie

I have a 2000 180 tt quattro, and I really like it so far. It handles like a dream and is fast enough to beat my civic riding friends from mexico. The only thing I would suggest is forking out the extra money for the 225hp version. I got mine with 24000 miles for 19, but I wished I would have forked out the estra money for the faster one. Oh and it has a speed limiter on it that wont let you go over 130, but it is possible to remove it.
ttspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 10:28 AM   #8
rh3017
AF Newbie

i fyou get a tt spent the extra money and get the 225hp verison. if you test drive both you will under stand.
rh3017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:16 PM   #9
nicett
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Batmobile

Bat™
I bought my TT as a certified used car about 2 years ago and like you did not want to spend 30K.. I've had a few problems but Audi took care of them.. Nothing Major.. I love the car and I'm considering selling mine to purchase another.. It's a great car with good performance, good gas mileage, and room for 2 sets of golf clubs.. I'd be happy to answer any questions (if I can) about the car and my experiences with it..
nicett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 02:45 PM   #10
aahsunshine
AF Newbie

Thumbs down Audi TT

Audis are JUNK! I did the same thing.. I purchased mine used w/35,000 miles on it. Still had the warranty.. long story short.. I have filed a lawsuit because they cant fix it. It has been in the shop over 25+ times. It burns 2 quarts of oil EVERY 800 miles! Check out this site I found... trust me.. I loved my car and it looks great.. but I cant go any further than 800 miles! The alarm goes off at random...the airbag has been disabled at times... and the dealer isnt doing a thing. My suggestion.. DONT BUY AN AUDI!
aahsunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 02:33 PM   #11
nicett
AF Newbie

I just traded my TT in for a CTS as I went to my Audi dealer with concerns over the paint and was told they were weld spots and water damage (on the roof??) Audi wouldn't do anything and I had to fight for any repairs I had done repeatedly because they weren't fixed the first time.. I did like the car but not the problems with the dealer nor how I thought an Audi's paint should hold up.. Good luck to you because that car certainly is not right..
nicett is offline   Reply With Quote