Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 10:14 AM   #1
Tony_Ensemble
AF Enthusiast

I just purchased an orange 2003

I went to a dealership to purchase a 360 spyder and I came out owning a Murciélago. If there are any questions I can answer for anyone, I would be happy to help. I could also take pics if anyone is interested.
Tony_Ensemble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 02:43 AM   #2
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
congratulations!
the spyder would have been nice, too
why don´t you buy both?
Menu dei Motori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:35 PM   #3
JESUS28
AF Enthusiast

Question Information about Murciélago gearbox

Dear Tony_Ensemble,

Firstly, let me thank you your kindness showing your interest to help all forum users about to know more details about the Murciélago.

In fact, you have bought the most wonderful machine ever conceived!

I always dreamed to buy one and I am thinking very seriously to order one in one or two years, if the profit results of my company let me do so, of course

Anyway, I have some questions for you I hope would help a lot of users of this forum, which have some dudes (like me) about this amazing car!

I will appreciate you reply me this questions which I am deeply sure will help all of us.

1) EXPERIENCING THE MURCIELAGO GEARBOX

In normal cars, when you are entering the first speed in the gearbox you must proceed carefully pressing the clutch, if you do not do it correctly, the engine could get stopped.

I am a bit worried about this and the Murcielago.

Actually the ferrari models includes sequential gearbox like F1 cars, so it is impossible the car could get stopped when entering the first speed, due there is no gearbox and all the process is automatic.

Driving a Murciélgo is always a big responsibility due all people think that an owner of this awesome car have driving skills similar to a professional pilot.

So, I do not want to imagine a situation like a Murcielago waiting in the street the trafic light get "green" and then, when entering the first speed ... if you do not press correctly the clutch, the car getting stopped!

This situation could be acceptable in other cars, like a Wolkswagen, but if you experience this situation having this car on the street probably all people gets smiling. No way !

Please, could you indicate us your experience driving the car on normal street conditions and if Murciélago's clutch is special to avoid this situations or in the contrary the car could get stipped if you do not press correctly the clutch when entering the first speed?

2) WHAT IS THE USE OF THAT ARROWS NEAR THE MURCIELAGO GEARBOX

<| |>

What they do exactly?

3) INSURANCE COMPANIES

Find an insurance company that provides you a good product for a car of this kind is very difficult.

Could you indicate us how many cost to maintain the insurance costs of this machine yearly?

4) TECHNICAL MAINTENANCE

I am from Spain, the country which inspires this amazing car and here unfortunately we do not have technical services of Lamborghini.

I sincerely do not understan what is the commercial policy of Lamborghini, promoting his cars are based about Spanish bulls calling to values of strength and speed and then having no commercial presence here. In fact, I think this situation is very unfortunate due the most near technical service for Spanish users are in Lisbon, Portugal (a company named SIVA).

Anyway, could you indicate us how many cost to maintain the car yearly ? I am talking about a normal and routinary maintenance, like filters changing and the normal kilometers or miles revisions.

By example: A Modena could cost around 1000 $ US Dollars or 1100 € Euros.

5) LAMBORGHINI NAVIGATION SYSTEM

Please, if you have this equipment, could you talk us about it?

I have saw some pics, and I have found it a bit simple, due it do not have a color screen able to show a map like in other cars.

Please, could you indicate us how it works? is it voice controlled or indicates you the right direction to take using a speech system?

6) LAMBORGHINI ROUTINE WASHING

Normal machines to wash cars, like the ones of the gas stations could damage very seriosly the color termination of the car.

Due the have a lot of plastic ribbons rotating to high speed, with the time the color of the car lost its brightness and even if you see near the chassis you can observe it is clawed!

What system do you recommend to wash the car?

A hand washing is not always possible, specially when the car have received dust or even tar of the highway.

Do you recommend high pressure water systems? like Kartcher systems to wash the car using water in high pressure?

7) AWESOME DOORS IN NORMAL LIFE

Could you share with us your experience about using this amazing doors in normal life.

It seems to be a bit complicated to enter and get out of the car?

Or in the contrary do you find it easy and exciting?

8) PEOPLE FACES AND REACTIONS WHEN YOU ARE DRIVING YOUR MURCIELAGO.

I am sure all forum user want to dream about driving this car.

Please, could you share with us any anecdote about street people when see you are driving your awesome machine?

Finally, I am very sorry for the big extension my inquiries, but I think they could help a lot of users here.

Again, thank you for your kindness
Old 10-29-2002, 09:23 AM   #4
Menu dei Motori
Click here

Send a message via ICQ to Menu dei Motori Send a message via AIM to Menu dei Motori Send a message via MSN to Menu dei Motori
hi jesus

for your first question i don´t have a answer but a tip

before you buy that car you should make a test drive (i don´t know if it is possible)

the <> arrows are for lifting the suspension when you want to enter a garage for example

the other questions i´m sure tony will answer!

greets

Marius
Old 10-30-2002, 07:45 AM   #5
JESUS28
AF Enthusiast

Driving test to bacame Lamborghini owner

Hi Marius,

Due I am interested to buy one I was worried about this topic you haindicated: do a driving test to became owner of a Murciélago.

So, I was contacting the Club here in Spain, in Marbella, and they clearly tell me: NO.

Is not necessary to do a driving test here in Spain to became owner of a Lamborghini Murciélago.

The only you need is the money.

In fact, they told me Lamborghini cars are easy to drive in normal driving street coditions and they emphasize me "is not necessary to do any driving test or show any skill", the only you need is the money.

The club have a customer service which helps you to find the Lamborghini of your dreams (new or used) in any world place and they have technical service since last year (but I guess it is not a real technical service... like companies devoted to Lamborghini)

Summarizing, is not necessary to pass any test or demonstrate any skill driving the car. Almost, in Spain is not necessary. I unknown if there in USA or in other countries it is, but here is not.

Was ferrari's brand prepotency which demand to their user who desires to own certain special models to pass a driving test showing their skills.

I have understood they are not doing this test anymore due the failure of their clutches (-joke-)

I thought was necessary to quote this information about do not pass any test, because it could be of help to future users.

Thank you
Old 11-02-2002, 11:38 AM   #6
Raging Bull
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Raging Bull
I think he meant do a test drive to test the car for yourself, so you get a feel for how it drives and if you feel comfy driving it.
Old 11-02-2002, 04:54 PM   #7
Menu dei Motori
Click here

yea thanks that i wanted to say
sorry if i didn´t express myself correctly
Old 11-03-2002, 02:40 PM   #8
SilverLotus340R
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SilverLotus340R
its been almost a week..i wanna see some pics S'IL VOUS PLAIT
Who’d dare build a car without doors or side windows or a hood? Only Lotus. And who’d dare drive one? You would. The 340R is the sports car for people who live to drive and want the whole experience as raw and as pure as it comes.
SilverLotus340R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 03:22 PM   #9
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

Yes please!
jsb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2002, 09:07 AM   #10
Menu dei Motori
Click here

well
how was your trip?
Old 11-04-2002, 10:41 AM   #11
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

The pictures are in a new thread!

Tu parlais francais silverlotus340r?

I thinkl that is the one...
Old 11-04-2002, 11:24 AM   #12
Menu dei Motori
Click here

cant find the thread with the new pics..
can you plz post the url

thanks!!
Old 11-05-2002, 02:22 AM   #13
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

Its in this forum, you know the one above this thread. look for threads posted by him.
Old 11-05-2002, 07:20 AM   #14
Menu dei Motori
Click here

ok i´ll have a look
UIIII what do i see
a nice bmw m coupe is standing under my window in our garden a friend of my mum is here
nice sterling silver looks great...
Old 11-05-2002, 08:06 AM   #15
jsb88
AF Enthusiast

Maybe its the same place

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)