Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 04:20 PM   #46
Sean
AF Enthusiast

Re: where to work to afford a murcielago?

I'm still waiting for my flag
Old 12-16-2003, 02:57 PM   #47
diablo92
AF Newbie

I am 19 myself, and i have to say I have a love I mean a LOVE for cars especially LAMBORGHINIS, it goes well beyond the "the look at my ride, I'm all that and a bag of chips" posers out there.

So for me what ever I am going to do in life, it must be related to cars. Tha's why I just have to become an automotive designer. Right now in my life it is my only focus.

But at the same time I realize there are many smaller goals I will need to reach in order to become a top designer, and they are all on the path of my journey.

I think that is the important thing knowing your ultimate goal and being totally focused upon it, and also knowing what small steps in life will have to be taken to reach there.

For me when I see even just a picture of a Lambo, it evokes the kind of emotions a man has when he sees an absolutely beautiful woman he has to be with.

So I intend to start a web design business in order to save some money towards an Industrial Design Education, whilst caught up in my Computer Science degree.

Just a year a go I would not have thought like this, but it is often one seemingly life changing event or chain of events that make the kind of people who are able to never worry about money in their lives(that's what being rich is), and focus on the really important things, passion, family, friends, community. Lets just say a chain opf events happened to me and I never want to experience them again.

Well that's my 2 cents.
diablo92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 12:16 PM   #48
Omni Freak
Banned

i don't really know but to run one you will need to work at the Sunoco oil mine......
Omni Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 07:01 PM   #49
DiabloGT
Banned

this thread is so boring...how come the murcielago forum has been so dead lately???
DiabloGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 05:26 PM   #50
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: where to work to afford a murcielago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSalewsky
On Lamborghni Dallas' webpage and on Ebay. 2003 Orange Murcielago with the smooth/suede interior chrome wheels. It had approx. 1600 miles on it and he said he had about 1300 miles or so on his a while back. Maybe he picked up another one or something else.
Tim, my buddy and i were comparing the photos of Tony's and the one at Lambo Dallas and were not so sure that it is his. The colors appears to be different. The one in the showroom looks pearl while Tonys looks Metallic(which i believe it is). But were still not 100% sure b/c the car inside the showroom could look different than being out in the sun.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:49 AM   #51
Iggy_Type_R
AF Newbie

OK all you young guys on here... I want to give you some practical advice here... and I tell you this from experience...

I am 23 years old. I finished uni 3 years ago in IT, and went consulting. Start buying property 2 years ago and 9 months ago started my own consulting firm.

Buy a book called Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kyosaki. That book should change your THINKING patterns on what you need to do if you want to be financially free.

Also read John Burley's books, and perhaps Dolf De Roos' book called "real estate riches". Learn about how to invest in Property and how to buy businesses.

If you work for someone, you will mos tlikely never have a murci.

Check out the following forums:

www.johnburley.com (forums section)
www.somersoft.com/forums

Actually check out the books on Somersoft (Jan Somer's books).

Get financial education!!! Learn how to read balance sheets, p/l statements, etc etc etc.

Read Warren Buffet's Way if you want to learn about patience and money.

Find as many books on successful people like Richard Branson, etc and memorise them. Let these books inspire you, and DO NOT LISTEN to people who tell you what you CAN'T do... screw 'em! You can do anything you want to do, the limit is your imagination.

If you are lacking self-belief read Bob Proctor and/or Tony Robbins stuff.

A MUST read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. Also Richest Man in Babylon.

Anyway... that should be enough for now

Oh yeah.... next week I am putting a deposit on my Gallardo
Iggy_Type_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2004, 10:49 AM   #52
DavkeG
AF Enthusiast

FXman, it could be true that your so rich and all but a man who owns the car should know that it's a cayenne instead of a cyanne and other things like that
DavkeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:29 PM   #53
Evil_Raven
AF Newbie

Hi everyone:

I must say I really enjoyed reading this particular post. Now let me give you my personal story how I did it, but by no means do I advocate anyone to follow me, you must enjoy doing what you love and always remember that Health, family, and happiness is the MOST important factor in life.

My parents are european and came to this counrty with nothing. Unlike most people my parents aren't wealthy, infact both my parents were injured at work and now are on pension. My parents always thought that a good education -> good job --> find girl --> marreied --> kids
--> grandchildren --> THATS LIFE.

While growing up I always dreamed and I NEVER placed any limits on my slef. One day I trell my parents I wanted to be a lawyer, next day engineer, etc, etc. Anyways this became a mixed blessing, becuase my parents and relatives/friends began o think that I was all talk and no action; That I was just a dreamer.

At 20, I went to college for Business (3 years) and I the last semester I said "thats it?" , "Now what?" . Without sounding ignorant I thought that my education would lead me to some great job and sucess, well I was wrong, all it got me was a $35, 000 job that I didn't like al that much.

At 23 (2 weeks after my Bday) I decided to do something with myself and I began to think about all the things I wanted. And then I realized that inorder to do all the things I wanted and have all the things I dreamed I HAVE TO BECOME A ENTRAPUENER.

Since I lived at home, it wasn't all that hard to save. I saved my entire primary imcome (FULL TIME JOB $35,000), and took up a second semi full time job (20-25hours week/mostly hours on weekened) to give some to my parents and the rest to spend on daily stuff like gas, food and cloths.

MAN O MAN was it hard, but after a year I had managed to built myself quite a bit of money. Follow below:

Primary Job : ($35,000) $23,000 (some money was added from sec. job)
Second job : $12,000 @

My parents gave me some money on the side just so I had more, I didn't ask but I excepted it and told them I would take care of everything. My parents saw my determination and after witnessing my determination (no spending, no going out, constently reading, learning, semiars), and trusted that I would do the right thing.

Anyhow (kinda getting long...lol) I took out a line of credit from the bank ($20,000) and had about $7,000 in credit cards.

All this meant I could now buy a business (exisiting) and begin building on my sucess.

SHORT VERSION:

Business

1. Hair salon/spa ($120,000 morgage)
Gross $310,276 Cash Flow: $63,000
Overall: It was fun, and scary since it was my first business, but
I think it was a great first business to get into.

I quite my primary job and began working at my salon, I installed a few cameras over till and establishment, and did my book keeping on a daily basis to ensure that no one was taking advantage of me since I was young. I still kept my night job and saved all my "business" money, as I played to use it to open my second business.

YEAR LATER

2. Same as above, as I figured I now knew enough to be able to run 2
salon. The bank looked at me like I was crazy when I came in for
a second loan and they were very cautious. However I had 25% downpayment and against their warnings I took another loan.

YEAR 4 MONTHS LATER

quite parttmie job when I bought second salon and still spend ver little money (under $12,000). NOTE: MAN O MAN does it suck living at home at the age of 27, however I had alot of money in the bank and my parents didn't mind becuase they knew I was on the right track and that soon I would be able to build our new home and money wouldn't be an option.

This is where it gets tricky....going to the bank for the third time proved to be difficult, I had now over $110,000 in the bank but the bank was making it difficult to give me a loan, they said it was too early.

So Decided on a huge gamble I took $25,000 and gaive it to my parents as a "gift" (But realy just incase something happened I would be able to start over). I went to 3 private loan people and they each gave me $20,000 3 month extention 20 % int/month.

THEREFORE $145,000 + $5,000 from parents = $150,000

3. Convenience Store with Gasoline ($325,000 mortgage)
Gross: $1,500,000
Cash Flow: $155,000

4. Moving & Storage Company ($185,000 mortgage)
Cash Flow: $132,337

Anyways, Too speed everything up because im getting tired of typing, I then rented a small office in the city, hired 3 people min. salary to help me manage all my businesses. That meant that every business every day had to fax all sales/spending/reports to the office prior to closing. I had my staff then go threw it and make sure everthing checked out. Also I had lots of sec. cameras install and bought comp.s with special software so that I could check on a daily basis the progress of each businesses.

All in all at 29 I have a nice small fortune ($700,000 + year). Every year I keep buying more businesses, hire more semi-retired employees at my main office and I am even looking to get into Commercial property development (building small plazas). I could even begin to think about retiring around 40-45 and just keep my commerical properties and their rent.

IS IT HARD YOU SAY....Mmmmm at times, but if your organized, prioritize and think outta the box you can do it to. This is how I did it, step by step. As for my family, my parents go on trips like every month ( I wanted to show my appriaction and since they have never travelled now they go on crusies and vacations). My two younger brothers (23, 21) work for me and help me manage my businesses while going to school part time. Unfortuatly the rest of my extended family became jelous and tried to cause problems, so now I do not communicate with them any longer. I finally built my dream home on 40 arces (overall costing $450,000 - 4500 sq. ft home) which will be paid out next year, and I can begin purchasing my dream car collection (1 per 1 1/2 yr.) starting of course with the 2005/6 Lamborghini Murciélago E-Gear (or when it comes out).

So their you have it, what do you have to do to own a Lamborghini Murciélago? at least what I did is become an entrapenur/real estate developer, I hope this helps ....sorry about the long read but I think it was worth it.

Thank you for your time and considerations
Evil_Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2004, 07:31 PM   #54
Evil_Raven
AF Newbie

oops, I hit the submit button before checking my spelling. Hope you can make it out, sorry.

E\/||_
Old 03-16-2004, 07:00 PM   #55
ethical724
AF Newbie

Doctor

Last edited by ethical724; 04-30-2004 at 06:56 PM.
ethical724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 08:16 PM   #56
Evil_Raven
AF Newbie

As a doctor, you will be able to aford one down the road, as long as you don't splurge too much on a lavish home and other enemities. But since your working hard to become a doctor, I have know doubt that you have enough common sense about money management.

Good luck on your endevours and I wish you sucess on becomming a doctor.

E\/||_
Old 04-03-2004, 04:07 PM   #57
revolead
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to revolead
Here's what I want to do. I'm in college right now studying to be a journalist, so I highly doubt I'll ever be able to afford a Lamborghini doing this career. However, my love for automobiles combined with my writing skills has driven me toward a career working for a car magazine, such as Motor Trend.

I figure if I work for a prestigious car mag, I could test drive or at least spend a lot of time around cars most people would have to take a second house mortage to buy.
revolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 06:30 PM   #58
Evil_Raven
AF Newbie

As a journalist, I don't think you'd be able to afford one, however like you pointed out, working of an automotive mag would get you in the driver's seat. But you should be forward that it takes many years to get to that level and not to mention you'd need some technical driving training before they let you be a "tester". But if jornalism is your passion, than I'd prob. follow the exact same route.

You could also start your own publishing/automotive mag.

Good luck.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:54 PM   #59
revolead
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to revolead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Raven
As a journalist, I don't think you'd be able to afford one, however like you pointed out, working of an automotive mag would get you in the driver's seat. But you should be forward that it takes many years to get to that level and not to mention you'd need some technical driving training before they let you be a "tester". But if jornalism is your passion, than I'd prob. follow the exact same route.

You could also start your own publishing/automotive mag.

Good luck.
I realize this and I do not intend to step out of school with that career right away. Franckly, I'm not sure what exactly I would like to pursue as far as branches of writing, but I do enjoy journalism and writing.
revolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 03:04 PM   #60
DemoX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to DemoX Send a message via MSN to DemoX
Hi Everybody....

It's not that i don't wanna become rich (hell, who doesn't)
I have allways wanted to build my own High-End Supercar
not because it eventually could bring in ALOT of money but because
i love Supercars and i would love it if i could become famous for my High Performance cars

Cheers
Bo Sørense

P.S.
write to me if there are something

Fav Cars:
'60 Ferrari 250 GT California Spyder (LWB & Open Headlights)
'66 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
'91 Ferrari F-40
'97 Ferrari F-50
'01 Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
'02 Ferrari 575M Maranello
DemoX is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lamborghini > Murciélago (Murcielago)