Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 02:45 PM   #46
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

Re: Re: 50 fastest affordable imports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000ways
You guys are assuming that most EVO owners have been having major problems with their clutches. While I don't doubt there are cases (perhaps more than usual) where clutches have been a problem, to use a few cases to represent a whole is ridiculous. I have already shown you evidence that most of Mitsubishi community have not reported problems, until you provide proof of other wise (other than a few cases), such as atleast 40% of Mitsubishi EVO owners reporting clutch failure, than what you are typing really doesn't have any legs to stand on.
its not as if i have this written on paper, but i know 2 guys personally that have had to replace there clutch and a guy on here also.

its like the reason why people are skeptical about dsm' trannie. it didn't get that rep for nothin.

not saying ALL of there clutches went out, but when you got severall people telling you its went out on people they know and it hasnt even been 3 months since they had it, that says something because you don't here that with any other brand new car thats came out. i have not heard anything about sti's clutch.

maybe i'll pm 2000ls1 since he owns one and he'll give his thoughts, because he also knows of other evo-8 owners that it went out on also i beleive.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:06 PM   #47
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Re: 50 fastest affordable imports?

Once again you give me examples of several people and those several examples are just suppose to outweigh the hundreds of examples that do not have any problems. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying go buck wild and launch all day and every day with an EVO, the clutch should be monitored carefully, but I'm sorry the exaggerated tales of 1,000 and 1,000 of EVOs clutches going kaboom do not exist. In fact you haven't even given me exaggerated tales of thousands, just examples of 2 or 3 people.
3000ways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 07:37 PM   #48
Neutrino
Yaya Master

Send a message via AIM to Neutrino
Re: Re: 50 fastest affordable imports?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunken monkey
you mean, you guys get different evos to the uk?

how the hell does that work?
how can you sell a car called evo whatever in the states that is actually different to the evos in the rest of the world?

no offence but that seems rather silly to me.

Its no offence to me but this is what Mitsubishi did. How do you think they managed to keep it so cheap. it costs here in US dollars as much as in the UK in pounds. And the ratio dollar to pound is about 1.6 so its way cheaper here.

They did that by removing the Active cented diff, AYC, and automatic climate control. Those are the obvious changes, what else nobody knows.

------------------------------------------------

3000ways we are not saying that all evo's have clutch problems but an unaceptable percentage of them have problems.

In the link you posted:

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=90780

20.29% of people voting had problems. That is a huge percentage and its absolutelly unaceptable.

Its the same with the 2nd gen DSM, I'm sure most of them don't get crankwalk but enough of them get it to make it a very serious problem.

BTW you should take note that most of us are EVO suporters but we cannot overlook evident problems with the USDM version.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 08:25 PM   #49
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

man, that is in my opinion, really bad practice....
is that typical behaviour from your car dealers?
i mean, i understand the safety issues such as bumpers (almost...) but to remove the ayc and diff
AND
to still call it the evo when it quite clearly isn't?

y'know, every now and then i wonder if things really are that different between the u.s and the u.k
then i hear something like that...
and there i thought what ford did to the st170 for your market was bad (making it all soft and mushy...).
can't you guys complain to the dealer or something?

or is it something to do with u.s import laws and safety regs and such?
i mean, i hear that customs can impound on the spot if you even look at them funny (or something like that).
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2004, 08:31 PM   #50
kman10587
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to kman10587

I really don't know why, but you're right, we definitely get half-assed imports here in America. I guess it's just to keep costs down, although honestly, I don't think that the average American driver can live with the intensity and ferocity of a true Japanese import.
kman10587 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons