Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Sandfobs
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Sandfobs
ABS and TCS Light on Silhouette

This is a third vehicle I have an Oldsmobile Silhouette 1998 I am not sure on the size of the engine yet. Wifey was driving and the ABS and TCS light came on and remains on. The vehicle is still driving fine and no other problems have come of this yet. The only difference in weather conditions is that the snow had start falling and then these lights came on.

Any suggestions would be great. I will be trying to purchase the book for my van soon but if there something that could be checked now that would be great. No work has been done on the van yet.
Sandfobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #2
rockwood84
AF Enthusiast

Re: ABS and TCS Light on Silhouette

each wheel has a speed sensor it is on the back side of the hub. it has a connector with wires going to each one. the wires have a curve in them before the connector. it is possible that the connector is loose or a wire is broken.
rockwood84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
kidfam
AF Newbie

So what was the outcome? This occurance happened to us yesterday after being 3 hours on the freeway. Both lights came on and keep coming on after restart of the van.
kidfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Sandfobs
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Sandfobs

I had borrowed a code reader and no codes were returned but of course you need a better code reader that can read abs codes as well. I pulled each wheel off and checked each sensor as stated in the above post. My problem is still not fixed so it is parked still at the moment as I will not use the vehicle in this condition. My only next step for me is too take it in and get it checked at the garage and just find out what it is and then make the repair myself.
Sandfobs is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Silhouette