Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
autorotate63
AF Newbie

Tire Issue Anyone else?

Here's a new one. While out of town this weekend we had the mis fortune of picking up a large chunk of metal in one of our tires. Brought it to the local Sears and was going to get a new one. "sorry nothing in stock in any of our stores"

After approx 30 minutes of calling to all variety of tire stores seems nothing in stock locally. Had to drive about 40 miles on fix a flat and frequent stops to get a new tire to the tune of $180 (tire, mounting etc) BTW this was from the Goodyear tire center.

It would seem that the Goodyear Eagle LS 225/65R/16 that are on the 2004 Quest are somewhat rare. I would suggest that everyone atleast check the availability of these tires. Another check mark in the sell or trade column for us

Last edited by autorotate63; 04-04-2005 at 03:13 PM.
autorotate63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
chubbybubba1
AF Regular

Re: Tire Issue Anyone else?

The first problem here is that Nissan picked the worst tire manufacture (Goodyear). In my opinion of course. And yes I have the 225 60 17's and they are not common. Why the hell do these manaufactures do that!
chubbybubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:14 PM   #3
dcewolf
AF Newbie

Yeah the Goodyears STINK. Tirerack only has the Goodyears in that particular size and with a 30,000 mi warranty they sell around $140 each. I changed tire size to a 235/60R16 -- this makes the diameter a hair (1.5%)smaller but only affects the speedometer + 0.9 mph at 60 mph (actual speed 60 MPH -- speedometer showing 60.9 MPH).

I changed to Michelin HydroEdge at $114 a piece but have a 90,000 mile warranty. So far they are running great on the '04 Quest.
dcewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:06 PM   #4
dtownfb
AF Regular

dcewolf i share your sentiment.

There have been a few articles stating how manufacturers are using performance tires to improve ride and handling and the consumer getting hit with sticker shock when they replace the tires. The performance tires don't last near as long, replacement of the Goodyear tires at 35k is very common. the problem is I have no intention of driving my Quest at 130 mph but that is what the tire is ratied for.
dtownfb is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena