Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 12:36 AM   #1
Obsydian
AF Newbie

V8 Silvia (Silfiniti)

I've posted this under the more relevant Nissan > Silvia section, however thought I'd slip a quiet crosspost here as well, as I'm also after some help specific to the Infiniti.

I've transplanted a VH41DE into my S13 Silvia and am just finishing it up now, however it would be a great help to me if someone had access to wiring diagrams or possibly even just the ECU pinouts to suit the '97 VH41... Here in Australia we only saw early 90's VH45's and even workshop manuals for those are impossible to find.

In any case, I've posted this here due to the high number of V8 transplant postings that seem to appear in here, so I thought I'd share with you guys some pictures and video of the transplant, available *here*

Apologies if I'm perhaps too far off topic, I would appreciate any help anyone may be able to give me in regards to wiring...

Regards,
Obzai
Obsydian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:37 AM   #2
maxnix
AF Regular

Re: V8 Silvia (Silfiniti)

Go to www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/ and download a manual for a one day subscription. The TSB might be a good idea also, even if you don't have the FY33 platform.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:49 PM   #3
Obsydian
AF Newbie

Much appreciated

Obzai
Obsydian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
Shin
AF Newbie

Obsydian,

Please visit http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19677 to discuss your Silvia.
Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:36 PM   #5
cefiniti
AF Newbie

how to

I was just wondering whether you needed to make up engine mounts to fit your vh41 into your silvia? and what other (if any), engineering you did for the conversion?
cefiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #6
Doctorchee
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsydian
I've posted this under the more relevant Nissan > Silvia section, however thought I'd slip a quiet crosspost here as well, as I'm also after some help specific to the Infiniti.

I've transplanted a VH41DE into my S13 Silvia and am just finishing it up now, however it would be a great help to me if someone had access to wiring diagrams or possibly even just the ECU pinouts to suit the '97 VH41... Here in Australia we only saw early 90's VH45's and even workshop manuals for those are impossible to find.

In any case, I've posted this here due to the high number of V8 transplant postings that seem to appear in here, so I thought I'd share with you guys some pictures and video of the transplant, available *here*

Apologies if I'm perhaps too far off topic, I would appreciate any help anyone may be able to give me in regards to wiring...

Regards,
Obzai
Really nice project you have there. I am very inspired to drop a V8 in to my S13 (240sx) too.

My Plans:
VH41de or VK45de into S13.
twin turbo it at low 8psi (keeping the 10.5: comp)
for all round usage, drift, drag, street, track
target 550hp at flywheel
auto (with level ten upgrade PTS)
Stock mangaement first follow by EMS

I will work in stages first:
1) get the 100% stock V8 in the car and running first.
2) Level Ten transmission upgrade
3) get it twin turboed at 8psi with stock management. Possible?
4) EMS stand alone

However, I wonder if you could help me out with the following question:

1) Can all Vh41de, Vh45de and Vk45de be fitted into S13 without much problem? If yes, what are the modification needed?

2) Which engine choice is your recommendation? Please advise. I am considering the VH41de and Vk45de.
VH41de for being a shorter stroke hence able to rev higher?
VH45de for having a better internals and 6 speed auto instead.

3) can you email me any photo and details of your prestiage project?

4) How much should I expect for a front cut of VH41de, VH45de or VK45de? do I really need a front cut or complete engine package is enough?

5) how much can the stock internals withstand? 650hp at flywheel?

6) Any guys out there can tell me how the performance will be like? Any one with E/T time?

7) Any others I should take note?

Sorry for the long mail.

Regards
Derrick Chee

(I fitted a wrong RB25DET engine into a S13)
Doctorchee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 09:12 AM   #7
Doctorchee
Banned

Quote:

Regards,
Obzai
Really nice project you have there. I am very inspired to drop a V8 in to my S13 (240sx) too.

My Plans:
VH41de or VK45de into S13.
twin turbo it at low 8psi (keeping the 10.5: comp)
for all round usage, drift, drag, street, track
target 550hp at flywheel
auto (with level ten upgrade PTS)
Stock mangaement first follow by EMS

I will work in stages first:
1) get the 100% stock V8 in the car and running first.
2) Level Ten transmission upgrade
3) get it twin turboed at 8psi with stock management. Possible?
4) EMS stand alone

However, I wonder if you could help me out with the following question:

1) Can all Vh41de, Vh45de and Vk45de be fitted into S13 without much problem? If yes, what are the modification needed?

2) Which engine choice is your recommendation? Please advise. I am considering the VH41de and Vk45de.
VH41de for being a shorter stroke hence able to rev higher?
VH45de for having a better internals and 6 speed auto instead.

3) can you email me any photo and details of your prestiage project?

4) How much should I expect for a front cut of VH41de, VH45de or VK45de? do I really need a front cut or complete engine package is enough?

5) how much can the stock internals withstand? 650hp at flywheel?

6) Any guys out there can tell me how the performance will be like? Any one with E/T time?

7) Any others I should take note?

8) how will the fuel consumption be?

Sorry for the long mail. But V8 really sounds good to me.

Regards
Derrick Chee

(I fitted a wrong RB25DET engine into a S13)
Old 06-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #8
vh41 commy
AF Newbie

Quote:

Regards,
Obzai
ive got a vh41 going into VH commodore and have printouts of the nissan eccs computer maps and engine bay wiring diagram(engine only) with wire colors etc.i will try and get a high res digital image of these to send/display the copies i have are very small fine print and may not translate well however i am only too happy to answer any questions
vh41 commy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 07:44 AM   #9
Doctorchee
Banned

Re: Re: V8 Silvia (Silfiniti)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh41 commy
ive got a vh41 going into VH commodore and have printouts of the nissan eccs computer maps and engine bay wiring diagram(engine only) with wire colors etc.i will try and get a high res digital image of these to send/display the copies i have are very small fine print and may not translate well however i am only too happy to answer any questions
Hi

You are real lucky to have a V8. Can I ask why a VH41DE over VH45DE or VK45DE ? Any advantages? I am currently still crazy over the V8 idea, however, I will be posted to Thailand to work soon. So, can't proceed with the V8 yet. have to sell my S13 over here instead. However, once I am there, I will try to get another S13 and stuff it with a V8. Believe its better and cheaper to do such stuff there too. could show no mercy over law too. hehehe . As over here, the authorities is pretty strick with modification.

Please keep update on the wiring too.

Thanks

Regards
Derrick
Old 06-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #10
vh41 commy
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: V8 Silvia (Silfiniti)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorchee
Hi

You are real lucky to have a V8. Can I ask why a VH41DE over VH45DE or VK45DE ? Any advantages? I am currently still crazy over the V8 idea, however, I will be posted to Thailand to work soon. So, can't proceed with the V8 yet. have to sell my S13 over here instead. However, once I am there, I will try to get another S13 and stuff it with a V8. Believe its better and cheaper to do such stuff there too. could show no mercy over law too. hehehe . As over here, the authorities is pretty strick with modification.

Please keep update on the wiring too.

Thanks

Regards
Derrick
size does count! the vh45 doesnt fit in as they are wider .i believe the extra capacity was gained by increased block height which inturn widens the "v" at the top. also ive found the 4.1 to be more readily available out of japan .besides the4.1 revs higher (on factory comp to make similar pwr figures) and there is nothing quite like the sound of a v8 on the revs.good luck in thailand with your project and still trying to get clarity of numbers on diagram for wiring so i can post it
Old 06-18-2005, 08:28 PM   #11
Doctorchee
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: V8 Silvia (Silfiniti)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vh41 commy
size does count! the vh45 doesnt fit in as they are wider .i believe the extra capacity was gained by increased block height which inturn widens the "v" at the top. also ive found the 4.1 to be more readily available out of japan .besides the4.1 revs higher (on factory comp to make similar pwr figures) and there is nothing quite like the sound of a v8 on the revs.good luck in thailand with your project and still trying to get clarity of numbers on diagram for wiring so i can post it

Thank you. Please keep me updated on the wiring. so 45 does not fit.
Next, to vh41dett the 41, will there be much problem on the engine management? will the stock ecu able to accept it or I will have to go stand alone ?

Once I get to thailand, i will try to source for all the stuff. will you assit me in the project?? hehe

Thank you

Reagrds
Derrick
Old 06-20-2005, 03:27 AM   #12
vh41 commy
AF Newbie

dont know if 4.5 doesnt fit s13 but doesnt fit vh commodore without major body mods.with mods you want would be best fit after market e.c.u from start then you can build the e.c.u mods with engine mods as cash/time allows
Old 11-08-2005, 03:16 AM   #13
Zero Lag
AF Newbie

vh41

could you fax me a copy of that diagram, or scan & email, that would be legendary!! ps check pm
Zero Lag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:02 AM   #14
ell05
AF Newbie

Please help, is needed electric diagram on VH41,Ó me is
electric diagram on Infiniti Q45 1991,1993,1995. åmail<bukvad@ukr.net>
ell05 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45