Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
PlayStation3
AF Enthusiast

wiring/ set up question

hi today i was reading my installation manuel for how i should go about wiring up my system and was reading and i found out that i am suppost to just us my rca and not the normal wiring to the amp which will leave my factory wiring useless so i was thinking about using the factory wiring to get 4 22rms tweeter sto put around my 96 sl2 now that will be roughly 6 tweeters in there with 2 compenot speakers, 2 midbass 6.5 subs and 2 12 subs with 3 amps to power them all. now is that to many tweeters to everything else? also i have 3 rca connections. 1 set for sub, one set for the front , and one set for the rear. can i use the rear to power the 6.5 subs?
PlayStation3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:07 PM   #2
98gpking
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to 98gpking
Re: wiring/ set up question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayStation3
hi today i was reading my installation manuel for how i should go about wiring up my system and was reading and i found out that i am suppost to just us my rca and not the normal wiring to the amp which will leave my factory wiring useless so i was thinking about using the factory wiring to get 4 22rms tweeter sto put around my 96 sl2 now that will be roughly 6 tweeters in there with 2 compenot speakers, 2 midbass 6.5 subs and 2 12 subs with 3 amps to power them all. now is that to many tweeters to everything else? also i have 3 rca connections. 1 set for sub, one set for the front , and one set for the rear. can i use the rear to power the 6.5 subs?

what you really should do to make everything SOO much easier is just get a 3 channel amp and a crossover run the subs right off the amp and the mids and tweets through the crossover to limit the power. really you should only have 2 one on each front side of the car unless you have people in the back seats the mids should take care of the rest in the rear.
98gpking is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio