Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 10:57 AM   #1
AlexNYC
AF Newbie

2001 Quest defective windows?

About a year ago my wife called me to tell me she could not get the passenger side window back up. When I took a look at it, the motor worked but it seemed that the window was either off track or something may have broken internally. I managed to get the window back up but I am careful not to open it up fully. When the window goes down, the operations isn't smooth and sounds as though it's slipping on the way down. Again sounds lke something connected to the window may have broken. Just a week ago the same thing happened to the driver's side. I realized when I purchased this van based on the price and the trim that it was sort of a cheaply made vehicle. I'm totally blown away that both windows are like this. The van is 5 years old with 24K miles. It's hardly used. I'm at a loss. I know if I bring it in to get fixed it's probably going to run several hundred dollars to repair each side. If anyone else experienced this, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
AlexNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #2
nissan01
AF Newbie

Re: 2001 Quest defective windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNYC
About a year ago my wife called me to tell me she could not get the passenger side window back up. When I took a look at it, the motor worked but it seemed that the window was either off track or something may have broken internally. I managed to get the window back up but I am careful not to open it up fully. When the window goes down, the operations isn't smooth and sounds as though it's slipping on the way down. Again sounds lke something connected to the window may have broken. Just a week ago the same thing happened to the driver's side. I realized when I purchased this van based on the price and the trim that it was sort of a cheaply made vehicle. I'm totally blown away that both windows are like this. The van is 5 years old with 24K miles. It's hardly used. I'm at a loss. I know if I bring it in to get fixed it's probably going to run several hundred dollars to repair each side. If anyone else experienced this, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
go to dealer buy a window regulator it cost about 85 dollars a piece, replace it, it happen to my quest 2001, it has a cable winding inside, it get tangle
nissan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #3
AlexNYC
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan01
go to dealer buy a window regulator it cost about 85 dollars a piece, replace it, it happen to my quest 2001, it has a cable winding inside, it get tangle
Thanks for the info. Were you able to replace them yourself or have a mechanic do the work for you?
AlexNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:11 PM   #4
Xmasbabe
AF Newbie

I was in the dealership today for a very similar problem on my 03 Altima. Difference is that my window was fully closed and out of noplace the dang thing just dropped into the door. When I got there, the service rep who took my call informed me he had 4 more calls after mine for the same problem. After they looked at it, they told me the regulator was covered by warranty but not the clips then they hit me with "it will cost $318" to repair! The reason for this is that those clips are actually part of the window and when they break they can't just replace the clips. Car under full warranty for at least another 60k miles so I head into the showroom to find someone who can fully explain why this isn't covered and I then learned that this is a known problem on the Quest and I guess now making it's way through the other models!

Good luck with it! My neighbor has the same car as mine and neither of can wait to get out of these cars!
Xmasbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:21 PM   #5
Tony Pietro
AF Newbie

Wink Re: 2001 Quest defective windows?

I have the exact same year and same window. very simple fix. get a new window REGULATOR and replace it, you will see the cable is out and twisted around the housing. the cost about $20.00. just be careful not to drop window (glass) that would be expensive!!! the motor is a dealer part and very expensive and if it is making noise its working do not repalce.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
nissan01
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNYC

Thanks
it happen to my van quest 01- it happen when is was 4 yrs old,,i went out and bought a window regulator it cost 85 dollars at dealer and replace by myself.. by the way never buy nissan quest again......go for toyota or honda,,,i have so much problem with quest... it turn to bad car eversince they merge with ford villager...........same parts squeak sound at spring,seat is rattle,engine noise when cold...
nissan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #7
Tony Pietro
AF Newbie

well I just replaced the left side or drivers window regulator from dealer, cost $85. quest was a ford endevor but nissan got smart and abandoned ford. now they make the quest by nissan. remember there was a year or 2 when the quest was not available. during that time they revamped the quest and look at it now and the engine that it has.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Quest | Presage | Serena