Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #76
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Re: Chopper 300

Looking around the other sub forums and seeing what skilled scratch builders there is around AF it's easy get low but we struggle along :-)
What happened to the bike sub forum by the way. Back in the days all builds got what they deserved when it came to criticism and support. Today you see fabulous builds getting lower than ten comments. Did you bike modellers find your way elsewhere? If so, tell me where!! :-)
joelwideqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #77
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Lousy, out of focus mobile camera image...

Drilled the poor recreation of a carburator out to fit a wider dimension air intake tube that I made of 2,5 mm plastic rod. The tube holds an aftermarket air filter that I think will suit the bike well. Any ideas what color to paint the filter part?

Old 02-07-2014, 04:49 AM   #78
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Work with the widened tank is coming to an end. I think the use of old putty made subtle cracks and flaking of the putty when sanded. Just a few irregularities left on top.

I drilled out a hole for the tank lid. Lid is custom made by old forum guru Robrex.

I decided to put the tank lid a bit to the left. As seen in the next picture I'm going to put some meter gauges on the right side of the tank. As there will also be some other goodies on the right I thought it could look a bit "heavy".

Old 02-08-2014, 05:16 PM   #79
Twowheelsrule
AF Enthusiast

joelwideqvist,

Wonderful work on your model! I am enjoying seeing your progress and I hope to eventually make a model in a similar style.

As far as few motorcycle modelers... I think that model building has gets strong then weak, then strong again. I think it goes in cycles.

Keep up the good work!
Twowheelsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:44 PM   #80
ketje
AF Enthusiast

Looking great Joel.

Waiting for the next post.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:09 AM   #81
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Great progress so far
Old 03-12-2014, 03:47 PM   #82
ketje
AF Enthusiast

Hey Joel,

About the carburator. Maybe you can paint it chrome and use a dark wash to extra enhance the details. Or you can choose to paint the whole engine satin black and detail the small parts using copper color.

best regards

David
Old 01-02-2015, 12:19 AM   #83
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

As my wife started doing crochet, in a kind of way I did modeling five years ago, I decided to pick this one out. I have got some new ideas regarding this build and started to collect, bits, pieces and materials. If half of the ideas come through I think it can be pretty bad ass even though it forces me to walk roads I've never walkes before.

The bike section seems to be at sleep but for you that happen to pay a visit I'd like to wish you all a happy new year with lots of plastic time in 2015.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:31 PM   #84
MarcoMoto
AF Regular

The bike section seems to be at sleep but for you that happen to pay a visit I'd like to wish you all a happy new year with lots of plastic time in 2015.[/quote]

Happy New Year Joel! I am wide awake, you're doing beautiful work, and I continue to watch the builds. Maybe we can wake up some other builders this year, as I am planning to be very productive in 2015! I am redesigning my workspace also.... Marco
MarcoMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 12:05 AM   #85
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcoMoto View Post
Happy New Year Joel! I am wide awake, you're doing beautiful work, and I continue to watch the builds. Maybe we can wake up some other builders this year, as I am planning to be very productive in 2015! I am redesigning my workspace also.... Marco
Same to you Marco and thanks! I love modeling but have had too little of time the last few years. Since moving in 2010 I don't have a proper workplace and no room to fix one neither. Working on some solution to be able to arrange stuff other than keeping it in cardboard boxes. The chopper build is pretty new to me in terms of scratch building stuff but my imagination is just running wild and I have to decide which ideas to make real, the chopper arena is quite forgiving that way :-)

Thanks for watching and I'll keep a look out for your builds, unfortunately - as mentioned - they can't be to hard to spot.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:27 AM   #86
ketje
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelwideqvist View Post
Same to you Marco and thanks! I love modeling but have had too little of time the last few years. Since moving in 2010 I don't have a proper workplace and no room to fix one neither. Working on some solution to be able to arrange stuff other than keeping it in cardboard boxes. The chopper build is pretty new to me in terms of scratch building stuff but my imagination is just running wild and I have to decide which ideas to make real, the chopper arena is quite forgiving that way :-)

Thanks for watching and I'll keep a look out for your builds, unfortunately - as mentioned - they can't be to hard to spot.
Hey Joel,

I know the feeling. I have a lot of material for modelling but a lack of space for doing it.
Maybe in the near future this will change but it also means that there probably will be a lack of time for modelling this year. We were thinking in rebuilding a part of the house.

As for giving critisism and positive feedback in the bike area you're right. It is slow however the latest models made are of a high quality.
So my plans for this year are to be more productive on the bike section of the forum

Best regards and I will be following this built.

David
Old 01-06-2015, 09:21 AM   #87
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Thanks David, then it makes three of us atleast :-)

Looking at the chopper kit I find that I don't like the long narrow fork, I want the bike to have a more aggressive look to go with the wide rear wheel and the widened tank. I surfed around and found this gem at the german company Thunderbike. The fork tubes are a massive 64 mm wide and if I can make something like it it will give a lower look. I'm thinking of making something out of styrene pipe and to steal some triclamps out of some other kit.

I will pimp the rims with some p/e bolt heads and try to use some tougher calipers, probably from a high end street bike or even motoGP :-)

Thanks for looking!
Old 01-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #88
ketje
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks David, then it makes three of us atleast :-)

Looking at the chopper kit I find that I don't like the long narrow fork, I want the bike to have a more aggressive look to go with the wide rear wheel and the widened tank. I surfed around and found this gem at the german company Thunderbike. The fork tubes are a massive 64 mm wide and if I can make something like it it will give a lower look. I'm thinking of making something out of styrene pipe and to steal some triclamps out of some other kit.

I will pimp the rims with some p/e bolt heads and try to use some tougher calipers, probably from a high end street bike or even motoGP :-)

Thanks for looking!
Hey Joel,

why not use some metal from ALBION. They fit together like a glove and are ideal for making such things.

David
Old 01-06-2015, 11:15 AM   #89
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Albion you say? Never heard of, but will definitely check it out. Do you know a good source?
Old 01-06-2015, 12:17 PM   #90
ketje
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Albion you say? Never heard of, but will definitely check it out. Do you know a good source?
http://www.albionalloys.co.uk/metal-for-model-makers

I use it for different reasons. Great stuff.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/albion-alloys

http://www.alhobby.se/category/245-1-Albion-Alloys.aspx

https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/...+Alloys/971/1/

If these are to small in diameter, you could always look at a local artshop who sells stuf for architectual use.

Best regards

David

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
chopper , scratchbuilding , wide rear wheel , zero paints
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes