Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 02:12 PM   #16
porscheguy9999
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to porscheguy9999
I too live in a wealthy city (suburb of Minneapolis), and on a nice summer day, it's not uncommon to pull up to an intersection and see a BMW 6, Mercedes CLK (VERY popular around here), Porsche 911/Boxster, and other $50k-$100k cars around. But I'll see a Bentley, a Ferrari, or a Maserati on occasion, to name a few. I have two friends that own Ferrari's. One owns a Testarossa, the other owns a 550 and 456. He is also taking delivery of a Porsche Carerra GT this month! I'll see it for sure. Thats not to mention the cars you'll see at the country club. I skeet myself everytime go through that parking lot...

Thanks to Nicecar!

Got a Facebook? Join the AF group!
http://hs.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2213949483&ref=mf

Last edited by porscheguy9999; 03-19-2005 at 09:17 PM.
porscheguy9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #17
ThatRoundHeadedKid
AF Enthusiast

Re: Y'all not gunna believe what I saw today

Just passed a Maserati Quattroporte today. It was absolutely stunning. Had '19 inchers I think, chrome, no spinners (thank god! lol)
Ride #1: 1994 Mercedes-Benz W124 E320 Coupe (My first car/love)
Ride #2: 1975 Mercedes-Benz W116 280S (The restoration/hobby/project car)

~Chris~
My Diecast Collection!
ThatRoundHeadedKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:49 AM   #18
YukiHime
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by steyr911
wow. i live in the rich section of the motor city (im not a rich spoiled brat either, i worked 60 hrs a week all last summer for my camaro). anyways; oakland county is the 3rd richest county in america. take that and all the discounts the UAW workers get, and you have ALOT of brand new and expensive cars. my girlfriend lives near me, and almost whenever we go to coffee, we see this cherry red viper thats always rolling around downtown rochester. (suburb city near detroit). i work in an auto shop too. i see a fair amount of corvettes and z06's. the CTS-V was in my shop seriously like 1 month after they released them. theres a really rich mall by where i live called somerset mall. its right in the heart of rich-peopleville. i've seen like 3 lambo's and one ferrari crusing in there. now that i saw the mclaren, i think i may've seen one around there. theres one guy who lives by a coney island-like restaurant that always holds car shows in the summer. this guy has a couple classic camaros and a TA and a gto. respectable unto itself. then you see the damn henessy viper in the back of the garage. dear lord that thing's fast. oh, i saw a bently arnage earlier this year after taking my ACT test. wound up following the guy for like 20 minutes taking pictures. LOLOL he was pissed! i dont wanna say that everyone has a real expensive car around here, cuz there are plenty of people driving 89 junkers, im just saying that if you keep your eyes open, you see some nice rides..... OH WAIT. i completely forgot! the woodward dream cruise. ok picture this: police block off like 10 miles of woodward for the biggest intentional traffic jam ever! now i know where i saw that mcLaren. it was there. i've seen most every sports car there. saleen s7, aston martins, bently's, lambo, ferrari, you name it. plus all the guys with the 70 gto judge's that rumble down the street. its the sweetest thing ever. and everyone else sits on the median or the sides of the road and bbq's and gets drunk. heh, christmas time for motorheads....
My cousin lives in there too...and he said he always see some Lotus, some Rolls Royce, and Hummers are everywhere(West Bloomfield).
Old 04-17-2005, 11:06 PM   #19
Verocithrax
AF Newbie

Hey Round, you are aware that one of the mercedes headquarters is right there right?... if I'm not mistaken, that's one of the CEO's that actually owns that car... I've seen it as well, and when I saw it, I almost pooped myself!!!!! THAT CAR IS JUST PURE AWESOME!!!! I've seen so many cars that are really awe inspiring (I mean, I live around the block from a lambo dealer... they just put one up in Lodi NJ... LODI OF ALL PLACES) and the cars they have there DON'T EVEN COME CLOSE TO THE AMAZING BEAUTY OF THE MCLAREN MERCEDES!!!! I'm with ya on that buddy!
Troy
Verocithrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 02:03 AM   #20
Omega_5
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Y'all not gunna believe what I saw today

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickwithaTbird
They didnt make any of those in silver, they were only made in black, therefore its totally impossible that you saw it and you are making that up. this forum isnt for BS like that. j/k im b.s.ing right now.. Thats awesome, I wish I saw one.

sorry buddy, they did make those in silver (just messing with you).... My old high school teacher is such a Mercedes nut (owns 3...lol). Anyways, Auto Bahn Motors has a pic of the model they sell....(and for those of you that don't know what this car looks like)

http://www.autobahn-motors.com/used_...f1f38e701db8dd

Enjoy....

P.S. Aren't they so beautiful

Thank god winter is over.... time to hit the track!!!

Why do some people hate me? I'm not bias... I just hate rice...
(Except chicken fried rice that is....yum yum)
Omega_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 10:24 AM   #21
ThatRoundHeadedKid
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Y'all not gunna believe what I saw today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verocithrax
Hey Round, you are aware that one of the mercedes headquarters is right there right?... if I'm not mistaken, that's one of the CEO's that actually owns that car...
I know dude. Mercedes-Benz of North America and BMW/Mini of North America HQ's are only a 3 minute drive from where I am. There's also Volvo, and Aston Martin, Land Rover, Ferrari, Maserati are 20 minute drives from me. I know, I don't think that will be the last of the SLRs I see. I rode my bike into the parking lot when I was passing just for kicks, and I went behind the main building and this may sound like BS but I saw 4 Maybach 57s and a 62 all lined up next to each other and I was like . I wouldn't believe my eyes. THis was last summer I recall, before I had my camera phone. I should take another bike ride there and see what there is in the parking lot of the HQ for me to take pictures of...

~Chris~
My Diecast Collection!
Old 06-03-2005, 01:53 AM   #22
ThatRoundHeadedKid
AF Enthusiast

Thought I would bring back my old thread rather then start a new one, which is of a similar subject...

But today, or earlier today, I was leaving with my rents and bro going to move my sister back from the city to my house. So we're driving on the major road from the heart of our county to the George Washington Bridge, also known as Route 4. So we're going east, and we hit the usual rush hour going towards the GWB just in the vicinity of Hackensack. SO I'm just looking, then all of a sudden, I see a blue Maserati Quattroporte coming the other way in the left lane. Such a beautiful car. I've been seeing them more around my area lately. SO I was like, hmmm, this maybe a day where I may see alot of good cars out...

Next, we're still in the same slow moving traffic, although it comes to more of a stop since were at the njunction of Route 4, I-80 and I-95 and the Palisades Parkway, one of the busiest conjunctions on the NJ side next to the Lincoln Tunnel. So we're sitting in the traffic on the overpass of I-80 and Route 4. I see on the left, coming off the ramp onto the Lower Level side of the toll plaza, a black, covered up test car. You know the ones you see in the mags, about spy pics of a possible new car? Well, it was like that, with the black all over it, and it was a black color lol. Well, this is what I could make out. It had the rear design of a Maybach, yet, it was small, like in between a Benz C-Class and an E-Class, had the body of the E, yet looked to have the front of a CLS, but with a more subtle nose. The only thing that came to mind was the CLE, so I was like: Oh, better tell AF about this. Well ehre I am lol. About 15 seconds later, on the same ramp except right at the merge, there's a Bentley Continental Coupe in the far left Lane. Now, it's the 5th one I've seen within the last few months, meaning, it's a popular car in my area. So I tell everyone about those two cars and they look at it and we go our merily way.

On the FDR, going downtown on the east side towards the 71st street exit, I see the following getting off: two VW Phaetons (not often you see those, but more or less like the Maserati), a BMW Z8, and a Mercedes S-Class Lorinser on 21 inch Lowenharts....And I was like....could this get any better? And don't forget in NYC, you literally see more Mercedes S-classes per square block than taxis lol. SO we get off at 71st street and head towards my sis's on 95th. We're on 1st ave. Crossing 73rd st I see a 1980s Rolls Royce convertible, then passing us I see a Jag S-type limo, and another Phaeton...Then coming back up the FDR back to home when we're done, I see a CLS55 AMG (SO HOTT) and a BMW 645Ci

So there's what I saw today. A crap load of hott cars, but I guess it's typical North New Jersey and NYC lol. Unfortunately, I was too slow with my Cam phone I admit, yet, the cars were too far away and therefore couldn't be seen that well if I took the pics. But, I'll bet there's more to come!

~Chris~
My Diecast Collection!
Old 06-10-2005, 02:35 PM   #23
ThatRoundHeadedKid
AF Enthusiast

Correction on the test car: It was the new S-Class. I was just looking in AutoWeek and they had the spy pics of the S and CL class for 2006 and the one I saw before the GWB looked exactly liked it. So Expect the new S-Class by 2006 and 2007.

~Chris~
My Diecast Collection!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General