Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 07:54 PM   #1
Real350Z
AF Newbie

Is it the car? Or the driver?

Think this is the appropriate forum. Ok, Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, and the Caddy CTS. All nice cars, sure they drive nice and all. But are the people that buy these assholes from the start? Or does the car do it to them? What I mean is, speed limit 65, traffic, rain, ect. The whole world around is doin 70 plus a few, but you, the shithead in the $50k car with the most irritating headlights gets up on someones bumper flashing your highbeams, honking, swerving, putting me and the safety of others at risk. May I ask why? Did you get a call that your local starbucks is going under? Is your life really that much more important than the others around you? Or do you want to get back to your suburban hell to see if you can catch your wife nailing the landscaper(s). News flash, if you live in Jersey, its called traffic. Even the cops sit in it. Leave early, and drive like a civil person, hang up the cell phone, finish you rtall grande double stacked steamed mocha latte, and PAY ATTENTION! I like these cars, but its people like this that make me hate em.
Real350Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

Re: Is it the car? Or the driver?

Uhhhh...ok road rage? I doubt its the car...I drive 90+ in a 55 daily, I don't go to the extent of beeping, flashing lights, or riding someone's ass...I just slow and wait for an opening...but if you didn't notice, YOU LIVE IN JERSEY!! everyone is an asshole driver there lol.
1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - 269AWHP/290AWTQ (Mustang Dyno) - 12.616@106.74 - 1.756 60ft. - 8.06@83.59 (Best TDO4-9B Time) - Driver Mod - IPS TD04-19TL - SPEC 4+ - Wiseco Pistons - 3SX Custom Forged Rods - PMP FMIC + Much More.
Twizted_3KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 11:08 PM   #3
Hi Tech
AF Newbie

It's not the car, dude! As long as Laws exist, but aren't enforced, people will continue to disregard them!

I'm a truck driver, so I'm used to it.

Usually I just let things go, but I had a run in with the type you describe, last week. I was in town traffic, not in a hurry, and there were 2 cars, side by side in front of me, about 1 car length distance between me and them. Out of nowhere, a new Dodge truck came up on the right, almost rearended the car in that lane, so the truck swerved to avoid it, and cut ME off, within just inches of my front end!

I hit the Brakes, and Greeted the guy accordingly (he saw my Finger in his Rearview Mirror!), then he started playing "Braking games" with me. I got over in the Right lane, behind the other car, but then as they were turning off onto a side street, the guy in the truck cut me off, AGAIN, intentionally!

We got stopped at the light, and I was able to pull up next to him, and I asked him if Turn Signals were OPTIONAL on his new truck, and that he got ripped off!

He said if I had a problem with the way HE was driving, then it's MY problem!
I said "Well, now MY problem is YOUR problem! I'm going to adjust your attitude, Asshole!", as I took out my Cell Phone!

Good thing I have family in Law Enforcement, here!
One phone call ended up getting the guy a Total of 9 Tickets ($75 each!) He got 3 from County, 3 from the town that we Started in, and 3 from the town that we Ended up in, as we crossed a bridge from one into another! Improper Lane Useage, Failing to Yield, and Aggressive Driving (trying to cause an accident)!

Sometimes, all it takes is a phone call, and a license number, to ruin someone else's day, but it makes up for MY bad day, anyway!

I just found out, too, that there's new Laws in some States, that, just by reporting an Unsafe Driver, their name gets put on a Police "List". The next time they get stopped for ANY reason, and the Police do a check to find out if their name is on that "List", Tickets are issued IMMEDIATELY! No Verbal Warnings, No Written Warnings, just Pay the Fines, Right Now, and Have a Nice Day!

I don't think the Police are playing around anymore!
I'm just glad they're on my side!
Hi Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:00 PM   #4
Twizted_3KGT
AF Enthusiast

lol greeted him accordingly...I had a guy cut me off cuz he didn't want me to pass him for some reason when he was sitting at a light that just turned green and I was coming up doing the speed limit on the right. He just swerved back and forth trying to block me...no idea why..so since I was in my Formula I floored it cross the double yellow and blew by him as he yelled out his window. No provoking, dont know the guy, he was just nuts. So when he was behind me at the next light and it turned green, I didn't move till it turned yellow about to go red and he had to sit through the light while I went through ....ur story reminded me of that because he pulled out his cell while i was sitting, which I laughed at.
1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 - 269AWHP/290AWTQ (Mustang Dyno) - 12.616@106.74 - 1.756 60ft. - 8.06@83.59 (Best TDO4-9B Time) - Driver Mod - IPS TD04-19TL - SPEC 4+ - Wiseco Pistons - 3SX Custom Forged Rods - PMP FMIC + Much More.
Twizted_3KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
Real350Z
AF Newbie

I love that agressive driving hotline we got. Before I move, im sure half the auto insurance companies will be raking in some good revenue from the amount of calls I made.
Real350Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 12:51 PM   #6
miata1.6
AF Regular

Yeah i drive a miata and at night people love to ride my ass and put on their high beams,like the other night I was on a one lane highway and some jackass in a ford explorer wants me to drive faster so he starts riding my ass,then he he starts flashing his low beams (his highs were already on)so I slow up hoping that he will pass but no,he is out to burn my retinas with his headlights.finally he passes.WTF why do people do stuff like that?Why not just pass me in the first place.
miata1.6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General