Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 11:33 AM   #1
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Windshield washer fluid gone

This freak event has been around for years....well, decades then....
I fill the liquid reservoir....I may use it a few times or not al all...the liquid would still be in the tank for a while....and suddenly, all liquid is gone.
I've reported it on this forum a few years ago....and it kept doing it from time to time.
It did it again recently.
Over the years, I have tested what I condsider all options, removing the tank and testing, disconnecting the wiring to the pumps (because of faulty wiper electronic module that had been cause of other mishaps, lengthly reported on this forum also with solution) , even thinking the vacuum created by the car speed could siphon the liquid out from the rear nozzle (so I blocked the tubing)....all to no avail.
Obviously...I missed something somewhere...
DId this happen to someone else...?
Old 11-29-2014, 04:41 AM   #2
500hpgtx
AF Regular

Smile Re: Windshield washer fluid gone

More than 3 decades ago, I heard the story of an Illinois State Police officer pulling a car over for suspicion of driving and drinking liquor.
The officer went through the vehicle and found nothing. He was so frustrated that he told the suspected driver that he would have their vehicle towed if he would not tell him where the liquor was.
The driver quickly told him that they filled the windshield solvent reservoir with vodka and re-routed the pump line inside the car . They just hit the windshield squirter button and re-filled their cups!

Thought I would try to bring some humor to your issue LMP. Your problem defies all known resonable logic. If you can't figure out this problem LMP, I doubt anyone can! I must suspect someone was playing a long term gag on you. ....yes, twisted as we we are here in CHicagoland! Cheers
Old 11-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #3
Jeffrv
AF Regular

Re: Windshield washer fluid gone

Over the years I too have had this frustrating problem occur, and have found 2 things that seemed to help.
First, the pumps fit into a grommet in the tank. Mine had deteriorated, so I replaced them with electrical grommets. Remove the tank and the original grommets, measure the hole and the diameter of the pump pick up, get some new ones from electrical supply house, or use a appropriately sized body grommet.
Secondly, the tubing in my pump outlets had swelled, allowing leakage, or even blowing the line right off the pump. All I did was cut an inch or two back to where the line was in better shape and reinstall.
Good luck
Jeff
Jeffrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 05:27 PM   #4
LMP
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrv View Post
Over the years I too have had this frustrating problem occur,....
Jeff
Thanks Jeff. I'll certainly investigate your suggestions but it is a bit cold at this time. I keep a gallon of fluid in the car and pour just a little at a time for short trips. If it decides to dump it out, I will not loose much....
and....being what it is...I will not risk vodka....
Old 12-05-2014, 02:32 AM   #5
alex022
AF Newbie

hi i juss wanna advice from you guys. i met with an small accident at ogden and layton road. the windshield and the back door of my car is cracked. i was seeking for some sort of glass replacement company and came across from a Utah mobile auto glass service. they said they will replace my car windshield under insurance claim but i just want to confirm about their services. if anyone have any idea then please share ,.,.,

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (3.8 KB, 2 views)
alex022 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport