Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
theflyingmachine
AF Newbie

Best factory stereos between these cars?

Hello-I apologize if something similar has already been posted, although I didn't see anything when I searched.
I am starting to research buying a new car, although it might be a year or so before I actually buy. I was hoping to get a hybrid, and was narrowing the choices to Nissan Altima, Ford Fusion, Hyundai Sonata, and Chevrolet Malibu (would have to wait until the 2013 model for a hybrid on that one).
Obviously, a stereo is not my only concern when buying a car, but evaluating a factory stereo is difficult (at least for me) when just looking at the specifications. Right now, I have a 2006 Chevy Malibu, and the factory stereo is not that good, which is something that I am reminded of everytime I drive my wife's Honda Civic.
Which of those cars have a good (or bad) factory stereo? Anything else I should know about those models?
theflyingmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD
Re: Best factory stereos between these cars?

most factory stereos are marginal at best. The real thing to look for is the features you want.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:45 AM   #3
theflyingmachine
AF Newbie

Thanks-I'm no audiophile, but I'm just looking for something acceptable. I can't even listen to some cd's on my current stereo because it is so weak. But it seems like the factory upgrades always require you to spend $2,000 to get all these things that I don't want. Maybe I should just upgrade it elsewhere after buying.
theflyingmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:18 AM   #4
PaulD
Audio Guy

Send a message via AIM to PaulD Send a message via Yahoo to PaulD

I typically start over in the audio dept, but my latest car is a 2001 - I may not be able to do that when I eventually have to buy a new car.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote