Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
gtchamp7
AF Newbie

Top 10 Most Reliable Car/Truck/SUV Brands

Post your opinion on the top 10 most reliable brands and tell why you picked your number one brand. You don't have to explain all of them, just the #1 spot.

Here is my list:

1. Toyota
  2. Volkswagen
  3. Honda
  4. Volvo
  5. Mercedes-Benz
  6. Saab
  7. BMW
  8. Chevrolet
  9. Nissan
  10. Jeep
My reason for putting Toyota at #1 is my personal experience, as well as my friends' and family's experience, with Toyota. I used to drive my dad's '95 Toyota Tacoma with the 22RE 4-cyl. 140,000 when we bought it used, 167,000 when I started driving it, and around 190,000 when we sold it. During those ~50,000 miles, we never had one engine related problem. Hell, the only problems we had at all was the development of a little rust and some corroded battery terminals! I now drive a '97 Camry LE 5S-FE 4-cyl. Trust me, I abuse that car like no other and it has never given me a single problem. I've even hit its speed limiter to where it shuts off fuel supply (120mph) a few times, which is one of the worst things you can do for a car! Bought it with 130,000 and have put 20,000 on it so far. I couldn't ask for a better car.

My family has had great experiences with Toyota's too. My brother used to own a '92 Celica with 200,000 miles on its 5SFE and it was still running fine when he sold it. He recently bought a brand new Corolla S. My dad has owned a few Toyota T100's and Tacoma's in his time. He had one T100 with upwards of 350,000 miles and it was still running fine. He's even told me of a Toyota Pickup that his friend had a long while ago that had 500,000 on it.
gtchamp7 is offline   Reply With Quote