Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:10 AM   #1
Sredsobad
AF Newbie

b22 will not idle PLEASE HELP!

I have a 88 B2200 that will not idle below 1500-2000 rpm. it runs fine at any rpm above that. if i turn the idle screw in enough it will idle on its own but at a very high rpm. as soon as i turn it down around 1500, it just dies. i can't even get it to stay running when i put it in gear. my friend who had it before me said that it would die out if he came to a stop suddenly. i'm assuming it's the carb or it's associated components from reading some of the other messages. What should i look for first and so on?

aloha,

aaron
Sredsobad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 05:49 PM   #2
pntypllr
AF Newbie

Re: b22 will not idle PLEASE HELP!

I am having the same problem, and have changed the carburator several times, but now it misses too. Have you come up with anything?
pntypllr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 07:51 PM   #3
Sredsobad
AF Newbie

Re: Re: b22 will not idle PLEASE HELP!

i haven't had any luck......so i gave the truck back to my friend!
Sredsobad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:31 AM   #4
bstrom1953
AF Newbie

My 1986 B2000 is now doing the same thing. When it starts cold, the choke is set and it warms up fine. As soon as it is warm and the throttle goes back to normal, it dies. It drives fine, but when you come to a stop the motor dies. I am looking at the EGR valve now but haven't come to any conclusions. Help.
bstrom1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:22 AM   #5
ChoochCharlie
AF Newbie

Please keep us informed. Common problem.
ChoochCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:10 AM   #6
hocbj23
AF Regular

There is a hex head idle adjustment screw on the rear of the carb,passenger side facing you as you look at the carb on the left.Let the truck warm up to op.temp and adjust the screw (in for faster idle ,out for slower) to between 750 and 800 rpm.There is also a solenoid on the same side that kicks in when the truck is supposed to idle. If it is not connected or isnt working, the truck will not idle.BJ
hocbj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #7
jardonyx
AF Newbie

Check your idle cut solenoid on the passenger side top rear of carb. When you turn the key on this solenoid must enegize to open idle circuits. It is controlled by EEC part of ECM it completes a ground to the solenoid. If you use a jumper lead and ground/energize this solenoid and idle is restored, you then need to check EEC inputs if all ok then look at removing whole ECM and getting it repaired & tested. ($200.0 at goecm.com)
jardonyx is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter