Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 11:51 PM   #1
roverboy
AF Newbie

Angry Land Rover Limited Vehicle Productions

I purchased a 2000 RR Rhino 4.6 HSE from my LR dealer, brand new, with the assurance that this vehicle was one of only a hundred and twenty five (125) that would ever be produced by Land Rover. My sticker price before tax was $77,000 and there was no dealer negotiation. I paid full price. I felt so excited about owning a vehicle that was so out of the ordinary, that I brought a friend down to the Land Rover dealer and we bought one of the additional Rhinos that was not slotted for the 121 North American dealerships(4 additional; 121 dealerships and each was given a Rhino to sell). So, now my buddy and I were in for 2 Rhinos at $77000 sticker. We thought we had a collectors item here. Land Rover told us these were 1 of 125 and that was it! My buddy added a warn winch and all of the trimmings for a grand total of over 90k drive out and I added all of the audio video for a grand total of over 90k drive out. We even received little wooden Rhinos that were carved by craftsmen in Africa commissioned by LRNA for the Rhino owners. We thought we owned something special!!!
What does LRNA decide to do a couple of months right before releasing the Series III Range Rover??? They release a run of 125 2002 Range Rover Rhino 4.6s!!! What in hell!! AND THEY PRICE IT AT $73500!!!! DID THAT LITTLE WOODEN RHINO COST $4000??? OR ARE THEY(THE 2002 OWNERS) GETTING ONE TOO? Are they(LRNA) forgetting that some of us old customers have bought several Range Rovers and Discos and Defenders??? And what about false advertising???? Why would they do such a thing???
roverboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 08:46 PM   #2
Tahoe
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Tahoe Send a message via AIM to Tahoe Send a message via Yahoo to Tahoe
rover

Why they'd do such a thing?

Money.

Doesn't it suck?

YES.

My dad has a rover, a 2000 4.6. Black on black. Very nice. What color is yours, is it the yellow with black? Black bars everywhere?

If you really care, get legal about this matter. Have a lawyer friend take a look at the situation, and see what you can do. I doubt you can get your 4k back, but if you've got a connection, you might as well try.