Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
stncld
AF Newbie

Commodore VP Problemo's

Heya. Got a 92 VP series 1 commodore. it has a nice little problem of constantly "missing" (but no backfiring) when going up hills or accellerating in the first place. it has a 2.5inch flowed exhaust, so it isnt the cat. I have replaced the DFI module, all 3 Coil packs, Plugs and leads (now running spiral leads), temp sensor, MAP sensor, checked the MAT sensor, replaced intake manifold gasket, ........

Anybody have any ideas what this may be? I have got to take it and get the compression checked (my meter has too short a thingy to reach in), cause the only other thing i can think of is the valves or springs. also i think somebody has played with the adapter for the throttle body with a die grinder or somethink, it probally would affect the flow of air (better) - but could this cause the probs? - given the MAP, etc., are flowing off the adapter? I have also had the injectors checked and they are all in VGC and flowing well with good spray cones. I havent checked the feul pressure yet, but it seems to be OK from the coke bottle test. feul filter also has been replaced.

Last edited by stncld; 02-16-2005 at 01:48 AM.
stncld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:14 AM   #2
viclube
AF Newbie

Re: Commodore VP Problemo's

it may not be the motor the auto converter
inturnal clucth will cuse a miss like feal at 80k up on med to heavy load like going up the gate way bridge
viclube is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX