Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-27-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
Kabbala
AF Newbie

Question 2000 SLE Alarm/remote keyless entry help PLZ!

in a prior post from gary7622 & Tireburner's reply @
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...6&page=3&pp=15

Gary mentions the K0BUT1BT alarm FCC code. This is the same code as the new remote i just reciently purchased for 65 dollars! OUCH! I have no plan to pay another 35 to some GMC machanic to cross a wire to code my alarm remote! For 65*2+35*2 = $200.00 i could have purchased a remote starter with keyless entry pads and saved myself the money...

Could somebody possibly tell me were the DLC is in my car (2000 Bonneville SLE), and which wires to cross to program my new remote? I also have the DIC with the dual driver settings. Will programing my new remote in this way allow for the dual driver function? Either way id still like to know were the Data Link Connector is, and what wires to cross, or exactly what i need to do to program the new remote.
Kabbala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 07:55 AM   #2
Flatrater
Main GM Guy

Re: 2000 SLE Alarm/remote keyless entry help PLZ!

35 dollars to cross 2 wires? It don't work that way! If you want you can buy the 2500 dollar scanner, the 4000 dollars PC with the GM programs and pay for them just so you can program your remotes. Go for it!

Just to set you straight you only pay 35 dollar to program one remote or 4 remotes the price doesn't go up per remote.
GM Master tech
Licensed Aviation mechanic
Flatrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 09:06 AM   #3
Kabbala
AF Newbie

Re: 2000 SLE Alarm/remote keyless entry help PLZ!

All i know is when my sister purchased it they said it was free to code it to my car... I call and it's 35 dollars to code it... i see all these people crossing wires to do it, why would i pay 35 dollars? And im sure that 2500 dollar scanner, and that 4000 computer does ALOT more then just code a standard GMC remote keyless entry system...
Kabbala is offline   Reply With Quote