Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-6
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-04-2003, 12:12 PM   #1
yamid
AF Newbie

Power windows insane

All right, my left window has been partiall open for about a week now. For some reason my car seems to act like the window lock is on every once in a while. This means I can't roll the windows up or down on either side. Anybody know a way I could get them working again, or possibly just manually get the window up? I mean, if I can just have my window up for now, I'd be happy. Please reply as soon as you can. I live in florida, and it loves to rain here.

Thanks,
Jared

P.S. Sorry, I didn't know it didn't list my car specs.
I have a 1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition
thanks

Last edited by yamid; 10-04-2003 at 01:30 PM.
yamid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 07:48 PM   #2
ajech86
AF Newbie

Re: Power windows insane

Hey I think I have a solution for you, I also own an MX6 and I have some problems with it too but here goes.
Take the panel off the door, unplug the wires from the window switches, take the power from the battery (negative and positive), and touch both of them to the terminals that come from the power window wires. And this way you can open and close the window. If the window starts opening then switch the wires on the plug.

I hope this helps.
good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamid
All right, my left window has been partiall open for about a week now. For some reason my car seems to act like the window lock is on every once in a while. This means I can't roll the windows up or down on either side. Anybody know a way I could get them working again, or possibly just manually get the window up? I mean, if I can just have my window up for now, I'd be happy. Please reply as soon as you can. I live in florida, and it loves to rain here.

Thanks,
Jared

P.S. Sorry, I didn't know it didn't list my car specs.
I have a 1996 Mazda MX-6 M-Edition
thanks
ajech86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:49 PM   #3
yamid
AF Newbie

Thanks. I got them up already, although I'm really not sure how I did it. But, that sounds like a logical way to get it to work in case something like this happens again.

thanks again,
Jared
Old 02-07-2004, 02:02 AM   #4
ricci
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to ricci

very quick..get a new switch
ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:00 AM   #5
yamid
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Power windows insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricci
very quick..get a new switch
No, I don't think that is the problem. Like I said it's on both sides of the car. It's some sort of problem with either the lock button or the wiring I think. Every once in a while it works fine though. Although it's going for longer and longer without working as time goes by.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #6
zoomx6
AF Newbie

You probably already fixed this problem but for anyone else with similar problems ... Ajech86 is correct about jumping the motor from the battery and to reverse the polarity to roll up and viceversa to roll it down. This not only gets your window up or down in a jam, rain, heat, etc. (I know) but it also tests the pw motor. To Ricci who said replace the switch you, should test it first along with the wiring(ground usually, which is under the drivers seat (93-97mx6,626,probe) and check the fuse before you drop $200 on a new switch. I say this Ricci because i thought as you did and replaced the switch($16 ebay) and it was my ground. The switch was sticking anyways. As for Yamid, you said that both sides arent working but keep in mind power has to go through the main switch before it will work in the passenger switch. I had a similar probelm :First it was the passenger switch sticking, Then my ground, later it was my connector (prongs bent in to much) now its my main switch ( yes the one from ebay but hey I got it for $16 and had it a while). Man I love the manual windows on my S10.
zoomx6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > MX-6