Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 02:37 AM   #1
USMTSfan
AF Newbie

Question 2005 Sentra 1.8s Oil Filter number?

Hopefully someone can help me out here?

I just purchased online and already received 6 oil filters for my '05 Sentra 1.8s. I bought the "Genuine Nissan Parts Premium Oil Filters", with the part number 15208-9E000 on them. I can't find anywhere in my owners manual what oil filter I should install? (I know this is something I should have checked before I purchased them, but I guess I was just taking the info on the website where I ordered them to be correct?)
I tried to see what the numbers are on the filter that is on the car now... because I last had the oil & filter changed at a Nissan dealership. But it appears to be all white with nothing on it? I tried doing searches on the Internet for Oil Filter specs, but can't really find anything there either.

If someone knows for sure what the filter number should be, could you please reply. Thanks!

Also, while I was "surfin'" the 'net, I came across something that takes the place of the oil drain plug. It like some sort of valve that screws into the pan in place of the drain plug? I'll have to get under my Sentra and see where the plug actually is, and if it would hang down too long and possibly get broke off by getting hit with something. Has anyone ever tried one of these things, or are they junk? ...or, anyone have any feedback?
I believe the site is, www.fumotovalve.com

Thanks again,

JL
USMTSfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:55 AM   #2
sincspecv
AF Newbie

Re: 2005 Sentra 1.8s Oil Filter number?

call the dealership and ask them
sincspecv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:36 AM   #3
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07
Re: 2005 Sentra 1.8s Oil Filter number?

the valve thing would work, since the only way it would get damaged off would be if an object hit the underbody as well, but thats rare.

the oil filter number should be in the manual under do it yourself. otherwise, just call up the dealership for the number.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Sentra | 200SX (USDM FWD)