Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
How-to | Technical Info A wealth of information at your disposal.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 05:15 PM   #16
blackmarocraig
AF Newbie

Re: 4.3 CPI Injector replacement pictures

AWESOME! That helps so much I dont have the extra money to spend on a manual. The upper intake bolts is 18ft lbs I believe right? Not much real order needed for tightening those though right?
blackmarocraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:33 PM   #17
Gabe25
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 4.3 CPI Injector replacement pictures

The upper are 18 inch pounds, not foot pounds. the order should be in a cress cross pattern.

My Fleet

Gabe25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:01 AM   #18
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Nice post and some great photos.

Your engine is really clean. You upper plenum is really quite dry and you can tell you engine doesn't have a lot of blowby seeing it has no oil saturation.

You should be good to go for years now. You got it before it caused you any damage and I commend you on your effort. That Felprogasket looks a lot better than the AC delco I used.

Did you clean the EGR port?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:18 AM   #19
93LT
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerLT
Nice post and some great photos.

Your engine is really clean. You upper plenum is really quite dry and you can tell you engine doesn't have a lot of blowby seeing it has no oil saturation.

You should be good to go for years now. You got it before it caused you any damage and I commend you on your effort. That Felprogasket looks a lot better than the AC delco I used.

Did you clean the EGR port?
I didn't do anything to the EGR port. I do believe someone already had as the EGR Valve already had a screened gasket installed (which I replaced with another screened gasket).

I just bought this Blazer last week, as is, from a used car lot that had bought from a CarMax in KC, KS in April of 2004. Said they drove it 100 miles home, when they came back to it the battery was dead (has some blasted alarm system on it that probably ran it down, I need to remove this), it sat awhile longer before they put a new battery in it and it would start. So it has esentially sat for over a year. I could tell, the previous had taken good care of the care mechanically and cosmteically. It ended up being a one owner from a guy that worked at the GM Fairfax plant in KC, he had bought it as a Demo (all paper work was with the vehicle saying so) with 3967 mile on it. I got it with just over 110K on it. I did no cleaning tot he engine compartment prior to taking my photos.

Very happy with my Blazer and getting ready to get a stereo system for it. You win some and you lose some, but I'm very pleased with my purchase, even though my father-in-law couldn't understand me buying a car as-is and having to tear the engine apart to replace what is photographed in this thread to fix it.
93LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #20
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Looks great, what I meant by the EGR port is the port in the upper plenum where that copper ring now is.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:25 PM   #21
93LT
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerLT
Looks great, what I meant by the EGR port is the port in the upper plenum where that copper ring now is.

It was a clean as the port by the EGR valve. The upper plenum was pretty much a mirror image of the lower plenum as far as how dirty/clean it was.
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 PM   #22
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

you are lucky, that engine is spotless inside. Far better shape than mine.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:36 PM   #23
93LT
AF Regular

Just wanted to mention that after fixing the fuel leak, my gas mileage increased over 6 MPG. Routine driving I had just under 17 MPG ( I say "routine", actually I gave the motor quite a bit of grief to see how she would hold up after the injector/nut kit change, that would not be routine).
Old 10-31-2005, 07:45 AM   #24
blackmarocraig
AF Newbie

How far open should the fuel adjustment knob on the inlet line to the plenum be? I just opened mine like a half turn from closed and it seems to be running ok but I dont know for sure...
Old 10-31-2005, 08:49 AM   #25
93LT
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarocraig
How far open should the fuel adjustment knob on the inlet line to the plenum be? I just opened mine like a half turn from closed and it seems to be running ok but I dont know for sure...

Fuel adjustment knob? Are you talking about the Pressure valve on the inlet line right behind the plenum? If so, that is a cap, like on a valve stem, keep it closed.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:30 AM   #26
blackmarocraig
AF Newbie

Oh yeah thats what Im talking aboooot so just keep it closed. thanks!
Old 11-01-2005, 08:41 AM   #27
blackmarocraig
AF Newbie

OH GOD! I changed gaskets, CPI, Fuel lines(NUT KIT), hoses and cleaned EGR and port and when I run it then shut it off go back and start it after like an hour it starts real rough and chugs for about 2-5 secs then is fine. Now it did this a week ago and overheated and that was the whole reason I replaced all those parts cause Meineke told me thats what was wrong. Do I have a blown or small hole in my head gasket now? Im freakin out here
Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 AM   #28
blackmarocraig
AF Newbie

Ok Anyone interested in 95 Teal Green Blazer with 172k and probable head gasket problem. New CPI, Fuel Lines, hoses, brakes, front suspension and barely any rust from WI? 2grand just take it!
Old 11-01-2005, 11:34 AM   #29
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmarocraig
Ok Anyone interested in 95 Teal Green Blazer with 172k and probable head gasket problem. New CPI, Fuel Lines, hoses, brakes, front suspension and barely any rust from WI? 2grand just take it!
Those parts you replaced cannot cause a head gasket to blow nor will it cause it to overheat.

Stop listening to the brake monkeys at Meineke and go to a proper shop to get it inspected.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:34 PM   #30
blackmarocraig
AF Newbie

well what else could it be where I am just losing coolant after new radiator, hoses, gaskets? It starts rough as if it was compressing liquid in the chamber instead of gases. I am going to check a plug or two tonight but I dont have money to keep taking it to shops to diagnos ya know. This thing has already drained my account of flow.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > How-to | Technical Info