Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cavalier Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? We can help.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
scotttt1970
AF Newbie

Question fuse

Im sorry to be a bother but I need some advice about this problem. I have owned a 2000 2.2 liter cavalier for about 5 years now with no electrical problems. About three weeks ago the car just dies in the middle of the road,after inspecting the inside fuse box I noticed the ign mod fuse was blown. So put another fuse in it and it started up and ran for three weeks then the same thing happened again. I bought a new fuse put it in and now its running fine again. I looked for shorts and could find none, even messed with all the starter wires and battery wires while the car was running and still no problems. I have noticed the fuse only blows once the car has been running for a while and once it blows it will do it every 8 to ten miles. If I let the car cool down over night I will be able to drive 30 mins or so before the fuse blows again. The fuse never blows when I start the car tho. Being that I checked the all wires on the outside of the car I decided lets get into the steering column and I am not sure about what I found no shorts on wires to fuse box or around the column. I did however notice that if I tapped the ignition switch with the end of a screw driver the car would die but not pop the fuse. So I checked the plugs connecting the switch and could find no short. So i figured their was a short inside the switch bought a new one installed it and tapped it gently and the car died still but no popped fuse. One question I have is the car supposed to die when i tap on the ignition switch? One more question is could a ignition coil going bad cause the fuse to pop only when the car was hot or running for a while? I am sorry for the length of the question (post) docs got me on adderall

Last edited by scotttt1970; 11-01-2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: had some things I didnt need
scotttt1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
scotttt1970
AF Newbie

Re: fuse

I am starting to think this website is shit
Old 11-02-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
scotttt1970
AF Newbie

Talking Re: fuse

Found out what was wrong through a real car forum so suck my cock you dumb motherfuckers
Old 11-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: fuse

Ever think, that maybe someone was about to answer after reading your first post, but stopped after your second one?

And your third one, just about says it all....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Cavalier > Cavalier Problem Diagnosis